Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Resident evil 4 pics!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2004 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

The game has been totally changed since it was last showed. Looks AMAZING. All these pics are in game, not cutscenes.

http://www.gamefront.de/
    Second story down, click on the link to the pics

Unbelievable!

Another link here in case that one is taken down

http://members.cox.net/jtorchy84/re4/re4_index.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

looks amazing...hope they sort out the clunky control system..they prob wont though..:( . ill prob still buy this though have all the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

They have sorted out the controls. Thats why everyone is so hyped for this game. Its shaping up to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

on gamecube just is it????

Yup, gamecube exclusive. Worth the price of a cube alone in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

looks very very good.

Might just have to buy a gamecube. Did Nintendo buy Capcom or why is it on gamecube only?

(loved all the res evils on ps1/2)

• Advertisement

No didnt buy them. Capcom announced about a year and a half ago they were making the "Capcom 5", a series of 5 exclusive gamecube games. This is one of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo have a deal with capcom that all the resident evil games up to resident evil 4 are gamecube exclusives. The PS2 online resident evil game somehow bypasses this deal.

Resi 4 is looking gorgeous. It seems more silent hill than resident evil. And it looks like it will play differently from the other resi games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

It appears to me that Umbrella have taken up residence on a bloody farm. Still, zombie cows could be amusing. Also, what is the cave troll from LOTR doing in the game?

Well theres a rumour that Leon is infected with the virus, and slowly turning into a zombie himself!, and that the villagers are human and out to get him. That troll monster looks sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Nintendo have a deal with capcom that all the resident evil games up to resident evil 4 are gamecube exclusives. The PS2 online resident evil game somehow bypasses this deal.
    Nintendo have a deal that secures the rights to any Resi game with a number in the title, thats how Resi online gets around the Gamecube exclusivity.
    But dear lord that game is looking good!! Leon was always my favourite resi charachter, and Res evil 2 my favourite game, (after the RE1 remake on GC) So itll be good to meet up with him again and find out whatever happened to him after the end of RE2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is it called biohazard in japan or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer something like that.

Leon was my fav 2 and res evil 2 was the best one still imo followed closely by res evil directors cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Resident Evil 1 was the best one by a long shot. When the atmosphere and production were so good the first time round you could dismiss the shortcomings in the control and gameplay.

Five sequels later Capcom are still doing nothing to foward the genre they created.

Erm, the camera is totally changed.A lot of 1st person action, and behind the shoulder type views. Its meant to control brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well, i have a game for ps2 called

Gun survivor 4 (Bio hazard)

its in japense, looks like A resident evil and view changes when you shoot the zombies, similar to fpshooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by L5
    Erm, the camera is totally changed.A lot of 1st person action, and behind the shoulder type views. Its meant to control brilliantly
    well according to eurogamer, its got identical controls to REmake...
    http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54562

and yes, it is called biohazard in japan.

thank **** the door animations have finally gone:D
    they're the only thing keeping me from playing through REmake

Yeah controls are the same roughly, however the camera angles are changed, to behind the player, very similiar to metroid prime, so control will not be an issue this time apparantly. And yeah those door animations annoyed the sh*t out of me too!, and the horrible controls.

Advertisement