Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C&C: Generals problem

• 14-02-2004 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

hey,

I've got C&C:General's running on my laptop [p4 2.6, 512DDR, ATI Mobility 9000, 40gig hdd]

the problem is when I go to play the single player or lan game...

as soon as I build a structure, my entire base explodes and I loose :confused:

I have no idea as to wtf is causing this to happen.

yes, it is a original copy of General's, patched to v1.7.

it runs perfect on my home pc.

any ideas?

it's pissing me off becos RA2 wont install on my laptop so I'm without and RTS for lan gaming. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thats what used to happen when you had a pirated copy of RA2

If you have the original, delete the game and remove any references to it in the registry. Then re-install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Did you use a no-cd crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

it happens even with legit copies. To fix just uninstall then re-install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cheers guys.

I was looking for solutions while I was posting and only after I had posted did I find it on the official C&C:Generals site.

A fresh install did the trick.

Advertisement