Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CK101 - Arts 09/10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Hey, just wondering if you could tell me how much they are costing, I think it would be an amazing place to live. Explored both St Kevins and the Magdaline sisters hospitals, very interesting/scary/dangerous places, dont get caught!

Im living in the new apartments

The usual is like in between 800 to 950 pm . The one I got was 850 for 1 year lease.

Two double rooms, one with ensuite. Although it mightaswell be two ensuites since if you're sharing with one other person you get the big bathroom to yourself.

All the refuse is included and if you're living in the higher floors its really warm, so the heating wont cost anything, literally. You will barely need it.

Its worth checking out. If you really want to live in the actual old building then I dont know how much they are I went to view one. It is faiiiiirrr freaky in the corridors inside!

Just type in Rivertowers in Daft for the new apts. For the old, I dunno, try typing Lee road in? Im not sure what the name of the apts are sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

bp1989 wrote: »
    Don't do sociology! Yes it looks interesting if you read about it online, but the course is HORRIBLE. The lecturers will put you asleep, its really confusing and you'll never really know what sociology is - because they do a terrible job of explaining it.

I did Arts for 1 year before leaving and doing Computer Science. I wasted a whole year on an incredibly difficult (I would put days of work into essays only to barely pass or even fail) essays which did my nut in.

If you want to spend the year in the library writing pointless essay after pointless essay with barely anything to show for it, do Arts. If not, do any other course.

It just all feels so irrelevant. Plus the classes are HUGE (we're talking 300+ for the major subjects at least) and it's really quite hard to get much attention from the lecturer, many of which would leave you feeling helpless anyway.

I spent the entire year being stressed out, spending my nights reading book after boring book for english and my days sitting in the library trying to get my ahead around greek and roman mythology (they just "expect" you to know about it, they dont even teach it to you), and what do I have to show for it? I passed the year with adequate grades, yes, but it wasn't worth all the stress.

Since changing to Computer Science, the course is far less stressful, I put in far less effort and I come out with grades of 70% upwards. Screw Arts!

not exactly tho best thing to say to people who are just going into this course. you didnt like it, thats fair enough. but just because you hated it doesnt mean everyone else will. i love it! pretty pointless post overall to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Orizio wrote: »
    Tarquinwhateverthe**** banned for being an enormous attention whore.

In future, just report and then ignore trolling posts. Name calling and backseat modding aren't acceptable. ;)

thanks. i wasnt trying to be a back seat mod, just got really annoyed. sorry again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

checked into castlewhite today, didnt seem so bad, walls are a bit prison ish but nothing a few posters wont change :)

Advertisement