Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 2015 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Fireball07 wrote: »
    No, Donegal-Tyrone only, I believe.

Ah crap I was all set for a double header. Would have been nice to see how Galway are going before the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Teams for today's televised clash:

Donegal | No. | Tyrone
    Paul Durcan | 1 | Michael O'Neill
    Paddy McGrath | 2 | Aidan McCrory
    Neil McGee | 3 | Ronan McNamee
    Eamonn McGee | 4 | Cathal McCarron
    Ryan McHugh | 5 | Ronan McNabb
    Karl Lacey | 6 | Justin McMahon
    Frank McGlynn | 7 | Peter Harte
    Neil Gallagher | 8 | Colm Cavanagh
    Martin McElhinney | 9 | Padraig McNulty
    Martin O'Reilly | 10 | Tiernan McCann
    Odhrán MacNiallais | 11 | Matthew Donnelly
    Christy Toye | 12 | Barry Tierney
    Paddy McBrearty | 13 | Darren McCurry
    Michael Murphy | 14 | Sean Cavanagh
    Hugh McFadden | 15 | Connor McAliskey

Looks a very strong Donegal team, although no Colm McFadden, must be the first time in a long while he's not started. Hugh McFadden is named at number 15, his debut, I think. Tyrone team does look strong too, and they'll have been targeting this game but you'd feel Donegal have a little bit more about them.

I hope it's a good game anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I expect it to be pure vintage puke, the combined score will be less than 10 points at half time. Donegal to beat Tyrone at the game they invented and perfected, i.e. negative puke cynical football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Teams for today's televised clash:

Donegal | No. | Tyrone
    Paul Durcan | 1 | Michael O'Neill
    Paddy McGrath | 2 | Aidan McCrory
    Neil McGee | 3 | Ronan McNamee
    Eamonn McGee | 4 | Cathal McCarron
    Ryan McHugh | 5 | Ronan McNabb
    Karl Lacey | 6 | Justin McMahon
    Frank McGlynn | 7 | Peter Harte
    Neil Gallagher | 8 | Colm Cavanagh
    Martin McElhinney | 9 | Padraig McNulty
    Martin O'Reilly | 10 | Tiernan McCann
    Odhrán MacNiallais | 11 | Matthew Donnelly
    Christy Toye | 12 | Barry Tierney
    Paddy McBrearty | 13 | Darren McCurry
    Michael Murphy | 14 | Sean Cavanagh
    Hugh McFadden | 15 | Connor McAliskey

Looks a very strong Donegal team, although no Colm McFadden, must be the first time in a long while he's not started. Hugh McFadden is named at number 15, his debut, I think. Tyrone team does look strong too, and they'll have been targeting this game but you'd feel Donegal have a little bit more about them.

Donegal are very strong and justifiable favourites and you would expect them to win but I wouldn't rule out Tyrone with harte to produce a performance and certainly can win on their day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

It will probably be a slugfest but would expect Donegal to come through. Tyrone have transitioned relatively well in the last few years and will probably get back to the quarter finals but are undoubtedly a step or two below the top teams at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Donegal to win IMO, the Harte voodoo is a more overstated element of football than blanket defences at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Brolly peddling the idiotic line that Kerry were defensive in last years final again- I dont understand how telling your half back line to stay in position and not be sucked into idiotic positions is defensive.
    It was pragmatic but not particularly defensive as there was no blanket defense- just players playing their positions

So Colm McFadden does start.

Rory Brennan and Cathal McShane replace Padraig McNulty and Tiernan McCann for Tyrone, with Colm McFadden replacing Hugh McFadden.

It appears that the new rules don't really stop dummy teams. At least the benches aren't completely different to what is named.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Wow Tyrone lined up on the inside and Donegal didn't start a fist fight! Take note Armagh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Not much between these.... could go either way.

Donegal are no 1/2 shots.

Looked like a black card offence, pretty much pulled him down as he was going past.

All Donegal so far, Tyrone look clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Nice goal

Goal! Great movement by McCurry, well spotted by Harte. Lovely finish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Great game so far... Some brilliant play and point scoring from Donegal, but now Tyrone have just got a goal... I thought that 0-4 to 1-0 was probably going to be the score at the end of the game..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Great goal! The passing took all the Donegal defense out if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The good old 2 yellows rule- Tyrone lad tries to wind up the Donegal lad who just defends himself.
    Of all the idiotic rules in football- that is the most

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

McQuillan not shy whipping out the notebook. Qu'elle surprise ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

half time in carrick and its galway 1-7 to leitrim 0-6

galway started really slowly again like in new york 2 weeks ago but looked to be well on their way to victory when comer scored a goal with 2 minutes left in the first half, however leitrim have responded with the last 3 scores of the half.

• Advertisement

The good old 2 yellows rule- Tyrone lad tries to wind up the Donegal lad who just defends himself.

Yeah I thought that was unfair as well.. Only the Tyrone man should have been booked, as he had been shoving McBrearty after he scored his first point.. Paddy McBrearty has to take some amount of crap all the same.. If he's not being bitten, he's being shoved around the place...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Did Shane Walsh get the goal for Galway,finding it hard to see any info and GAA slow to update their tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

seanhynes wrote: »
    Did Shane Walsh get the goal for Galway,finding it hard to see any info and GAA slow to update their tweets

Damien Comer

Oh my god.. that has to be the most stupid refereeing decision I have ever seen...

That referee is clueless
    The main thing any ref needs is common sense

That might technically be the rules but ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Oh my god.. that has to be the most stupid refereeing decision I have ever seen...

The post plays Karma.....

RTE need to get wind screen wipers on the cameras.

And the hitting off the ball has gone up a few notches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

That hop ball was crazy.Ffs just play on. No Donegal man within 20 yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Lovely lift by Harte

Advertisement