Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angela Merkel

• 18-06-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

When I heard that Angela Merkel had once again opened her mouth this morning with her tuppence worth on the Greek Election (which consisted really of yet another way of saying "we have ways of making you pay") my reaction was why doesn't she keep her trap shut for everytime words spring to her lips, she just makes things worse.
    You have to think that if Herr Kohl were still at the controls in Germany we would not have arrived at our collective sorry state.
    SIngle-handedly (now that the tiny but perfectly formed Monsieur Sarkozy has been given his cards by the French electorate) she continues to push what might have been merely a calamity towards a continental catastrophe.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭who what when

I've said it before and i'l say it again. There's something in those German jenes that make them hell bent on world domination. They found out the hard way that they couldnt do it through war so now they're trying economics instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I would get great pleasure in smacking Merkel with a sweaty sock right across that crazy face of hers.

Stoopid Frauline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What I'd like to know is who told Germany they run the Eurozone, or made that nauseating kunt the fuhrer of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

either way were going to have to pay ze germans back for what were borrowing off them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

There even taking over the football, what next ? world domination. omg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

1/10, would not bang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

DarkJager wrote: »
    What I'd like to know is who told Germany they run the Eurozone,

I don't believe anyone told them that, but they are by far the biggest economy in it and that economy is in pretty good shape at the moment. That inevitably gives them some degree of prestige and influence. After all, Realpolitik (look it up!) is originally a German word.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    DarkJager wrote: »
    or made that nauseating kunt the fuhrer of it?

No one made her the Führer (the German word for "leader") of the Eurozone, but her party did come out as the biggest in parliamentary elections, which gave her the right to become Chancellor of Germany. She wouldn't have been my first choice, but that's democracy for you. As for the four-letter word you misspell, it's Fotze in German. Add it to your existing vocabulary of vulgarities.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Oh it is so tiresome to hear the same auld cheap jokes rolled against the Germans time and time again.

Perhaps if we had of behaved ourselves we wouldn't be getting our knuckles rapped by the teacher.

Perhaps if we hadn't of gotten on our high horses when the German Abassordor to Ireland dared speak up we too could have a few Euros in the bank:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/reprimand-for-german-envoy-over-his-coarse-irish-speech-1081773.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Move over Hitler, and, I can't believe its not Hitler.

Best brush up on your German folks, they're set to conquer us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

She didn't do Ireland any favours by opening her trap either. Can't stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Chinasea wrote: »
    Oh it is so tiresome to hear the same auld cheap jokes rolled against the Germans time and time again.

Perhaps if we had of behaved ourselves we wouldn't be getting our knuckles rapped by the teacher.

Perhaps if we hadn't of gotten on our high horses when the German Abassordor to Ireland dared speak up we too could have a few Euros in the bank:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/reprimand-for-german-envoy-over-his-coarse-irish-speech-1081773.html
    Not a discussion about Irish people goes by without chinasea sticking his oar in to flail at their heads. The man was a buffoon, and any idiot could see there are endemic problems with our public sector.

These same people you call "teacher" were shoving men, women and children into the ovens by the million within living memory, oh sorry lets not talk about the war, anyway they learned their lesson the hard way economically and made some good decisions. Hopefully our politicians will do likewise, although there's a strong case to be made that we were doing alright until that fool Lenihan gave the blanket guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Maybe it's time they get sent the bill for WW2 seeing as they have all this extra money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...They found out the hard way that they couldnt do it through war so now they're trying economics instead!

...As are the Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

The only thing more tiresome than German jokes are people who keep telling us we should be more like the Germans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Didn't he complain to RTE about filming of Fair City waking him up at night? How can he attack that cultural institute of Fair City!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Ghandee wrote: »
    Move over Hitler, and, I can't believe its not Hitler.

Best brush up on your German folks, they're set to conquer us all!

9!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Ah she just needs a good riding. I'll take one for the team. All I needs a bottle of vodka, antiseptic, olive oil and a new identity. "Ich liebe dich Angela....." /dry heaves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

If we didn't get German money we would be in a much worse state. He or she who pays calls the tune, unfortunately.
    We as a nation brought this mess on ourselves, the state allowed irresponsible borrowing encouraged by tax incentives and low interest rates, the interest rates were to suit Germany, but we had too much tax take based on once off payments and now we are changing that.
    The whole mess could have been avoided, no point blaming Germany though they hold some responsibility in terms of the interest rates and their banks lending to Irish banks.
    We should have controlled our banks with proper implementation of regulations which was ignored at the time.
    So Angela Merkel is not the problem, we created our own problem, it is Germany that has been left to try and solve it given their economic might.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Caliden wrote: »
    Maybe it's time they get sent the bill for WW2 seeing as they have all this extra money.
    Or the reunification of Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Min wrote: »
    If we didn't get German money we would be in a much worse state. He or she who pays calls the tune, unfortunately.
    We as a nation brought this mess on ourselves, the state allowed irresponsible borrowing encouraged by tax incentives and low interest rates, the interest rates were to suit Germany, but we had too much tax take based on once off payments and now we are changing that.
    The whole mess could have been avoided, no point blaming Germany though they hold some responsibility in terms of the interest rates and their banks lending to Irish banks.
    We should have controlled our banks with proper implementation of regulations which was ignored at the time.
    So Angela Merkel is not the problem, we created our own problem, it is Germany that has been left to try and solve it given their economic might.

Exactly. Much easier to blame someone than own up to the fact that the Irish were stupid and its leaders incompetent. The truth hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    These same people you call "teacher" were shoving men, women and children into the ovens by the million within living memory

Wait, Angela Merkel participated in the genocide of about six million people in 1940's Germany?

Astounding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've said it before and i'l say it again. There's something in those German jenes that make them hell bent on world domination. They found out the hard way that they couldnt do it through war so now they're trying economics instead!

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wouldn't say I hate her. I don't even dislike her. If it wasn't for the situation that Europe currently finds itself in, I'd go as far as to say that I actually like and admire her.

It's not her fault that we are where we are. She inherited a problem just like the rest of us.. her problem just happens to be a bit different.. being leader of the largest and most exposed economy in Europe, it's not exactly absurd that she appears to be doing everything in her power to avoid totally succumbing to those problems.

I'd sooner her than Kenny tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I wish she would just shut up and keep giving us money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Wait, Angela Merkel participated in the genocide of about six million people in 1940's Germany?

Astounding!
    I know she's a large lady but I wasn't referring to her by the plural, rather to the Germans, as the context of the discussion clearly shows. Your attempt to sashay off into a "these are not the same people" side alley and mug the discussion with mind yawningly hackneyed perspectives has instead resulted in a swift lesson on how to engage politely with other people on the internet, in particular since the German anti-inflationary measures responsible for much of their current well being are rooted in the Weimar republic which in fact predates the horrors of the holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

No, they just aren't lazy or big on Irish procrastination; they work and save and build.

To say the German people guide their country's destiny is foolish, it is the power of money that determine what 'Western states' do and don't do.

We Irish aren't exactly on top on of things in our own nation either. There is private interests leading the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    These same people you call "teacher" were shoving men, women and children into the ovens by the million within living memory, oh sorry lets not talk about the war, anyway they learned their lesson the hard way economically and made some good decisions. Hopefully our politicians will do likewise, although there's a strong case to be made that we were doing alright until that fool Lenihan gave the blanket guarantee.

Oh yea, the pea brain elephant memory syndrome yet again. Yawn, cringe puke.

This thread is about the giant cac ca that is in Ireland's nappy now - ABSOUTLEY NOTHING to do with the history that you harp on about now.

Advertisement