Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Peru Primera League

Sporting Cristal v Alianza Lima

Taking Sporting Crystal here @11/10

Unbeaten at home this season, won 3 drew 2 and Alianza have lost all games on the road so far (4) scoring 1 and conceding 10.

Price is too big for me to turn down (Would only place a small stake on this because this game really could end in an away win or draw just as likely!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

kryogen wrote: »
    Peru Primera League

Unbeaten at home this season, won 3 drew 2 and Alianza have lost all games on the road so far (4) scoring 1 and conceding 10.

Price is too big for me to turn down

what time is this game and how confident are u on this

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Its on at 11.45pm, Bet 365 have a market and inplay & stream of the match.
    Might stay up so!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

I have been putting on a bet on the main euro leagues this season for a team to score 2 or 3 goals with ladbrokes.

any other books offer this bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 bets for tomorrow:

BATE Borisov (Belarussian league) to keep a clean sheet @ 1.91

Krylya Sovetov (Russian league) to keep a clean sheet @ 2.10

both teams have good defenses and are playing vs teams who score very few goals.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Right, gonna copy my Betdash bets for now on because I'm winning money in that consistently while being utterly inconsistent IRL!

Boca -1 @ 11/10
    Cerezo Osaka @ 8/11, Osaka -1 @ 2/1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Avfctom wrote: »
    boca juniours win to nil at evens worth it?

Carefull with Union Espanola. Cant see them win against Boca but they do have goals in them.

34 in 14 in the Chilean league.
    And they scored in every match in the Copa so far, that is 8 matches incl qualifiers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Heerenveen - Feyenoord will be fun this sunday.

Posted earlier this week that depending on tonights results Heerenveen would be better of to lose. Didnt really go to plan because AZ didnt win.

As it is now, Heerenveen can not use a draw.
    They either have to win or lose in order to qualify for the EL.
    Draw will mean play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Formation wrote: »
    I have been putting on a bet on the main euro leagues this season for a team to score 2 or 3 goals with ladbrokes.

any other books offer this bet?

Yes, loads, check oddschecker, total home/away team goals over 0.5/1.5/2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Oddschecker really is the one of the best tools out there, every punter should be familiar with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Peru Primera League

Price is too big for me to turn down (Would only place a small stake on this because this game really could end in an away win or draw just as likely!)

Anyone watching this? 0-0 HT score.

Anything likely to happen 2nd half?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Alright lads, the accas have treated my nicely lately, so i thought I'd share

my guesses for the weekend

fa cup - Liverpool and Draw
    Wolves v Everton - Everton
    Accrington Stanley v Crawley - Crawley

Around 3/1 on most bookies for the treble, although Ladbrokes odds are considerably better, not sure why, anyway that's my big 'ish' bet, for anyone's interested. Quite fancy it

And if you wanna go all out super ass crazy, add these 5 selections

Blackpool v B'ham - B'ham and Draw
    Blackburn v Wigan - Wigan and Draw
    Dundee v Celtic - Celtic
    Port Vale v Oxford - Oxford
    Stevenage v Bury - Stevenage

Around 63/1 for those (8) - though bizarrely much lower on Ladbrokes...

Anyway. Smaller stake on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone watching this? 0-0 HT score.

Anything likely to happen 2nd half?

Not a classic, ok though, sporting hit the post & were looking most likely to score but before half time Lima had a few chances - Sportings not too solid at the back.

I think theres a goal in this game , not sure about more than 1 though.

EDIT - LIMA just scored :(

Game ended in a draw sorry to anyone who followed, did say only put a small stake on :) just couldnt leave it at the price!

Boca won though, so happy days :)

Couple of early leans for me today

Russian Premier League

Krylya Sovetov v Tomsk

Single and maybe Asian -1

Poland

Slask Wroclaw v Jagiellonia Bialystok
    Lech Poznan v Podbeskidzie Bielsko Biala

Double of the above maybe.

France

Epinal v Quevilly

Nothing definite yet though

Bottom of the league curse strikes again. Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Slask to win against Jagiellonia is risky - Jagiellonia just draw at Legia and Legia is in my opinion a better suited team than Slask to attack Jaga with possession game it will require. And Jagiellonia is very dangerous with counter attacks having two very good wingers, which can exploit lack of pace from Slask defenders (especially their CB Pietrasiak).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

-Ade- wrote: »
    Bottom of the league curse strikes again. Super.

Woke up, saw Osaka were down at HT, thought "they have to come back". Placed a DNB to be safe. Even that was no good :/

I was watching the match from HT, and a sitter of a header was missed, the ref almost went 7+ of extra time (after declaring 5+), and Osaka had two stray crosses that were almost goals too.

I shall mark this curse down in my important imaginary notebook.

you have a better chance of getting me pregnant tonight than that bet coming in.... id be wanting over 1000/1 before id be remotly tempted in backing that.... guarantee at least 5 of them shouts will lose ... terrible terrible bet, in fact terrible is too good a word ahhh lord god what are ya at and 5 pound and your mother all upset.... wouldnt it be better off if you were killed

I highly suggest from here on in to not to post crap like this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

-Ade- wrote: »
    I highly suggest from here on in to not to post crap like this again.

At least he edited his spelling error. That was nice.

• Advertisement

Like the look of BATE Borsiov and Midtjylland later in the afternoon. Both to beat -1 possibly too or possibly Win to Nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any1 been following the Championship this year? What ye thinking this evening? A few reliable tipsters are backing West ham to get the win away. Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lech Poznan v Podbeskidzie Bielsko

Im liking the -1 Lech in this game @ 1/1

Lech have a chance of winning the league and with their opposition having nothing to play for im hoping the -1 will come in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any1 been following the Championship this year? What ye thinking this evening? A few reliable tipsters are backing West ham to get the win away. Worth it?

From experience, form doesn't count for anything in the championship play offs, unders might be a good shout.

2009 1st legs : 1-1 and 1-0
    2010 1st legs : 2-1 and 1-0
    2011 1st legs : 0-0 and 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Chelsea to win 7/5…. Just think they are a better team, excellent recent record in FA Cup 3 wins in last 5 years.
    Chelsea to win by one goal 3/1… Last 4 finals have all been decided by a solitary strike in normal time
    Drogba anytime goalscorer…. Good stat… has scored in all 3 of their final wins (extra time winner against Utd in 07, got the crucial equalizer in 09 final against Everton, and scored the only goal in the 2010 final… as the Barca game showed hes certainly the man for the big occasion ALSO OPENED SCORING W SCREAMER AGAINST SPURS
    Under 2.5 goals 4/6 After a long and tiring season can be a very tough game and bad spectacle. Heavy wembley pitch, 4 of last 5 finals this bet has come in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 bets for tomorrow:

BATE Borisov (Belarussian league) to keep a clean sheet @ 1.91

Krylya Sovetov (Russian league) to keep a clean sheet @ 2.10

both teams have good defenses and are playing vs teams who score very few goals.

Happy with that :)

Couple of early leans for me today

Russian Premier League

Krylya Sovetov v Tomsk

Single and maybe Asian -1

Poland

Slask Wroclaw v Jagiellonia Bialystok
    Lech Poznan v Podbeskidzie Bielsko Biala

Double of the above maybe.

France

Epinal v Quevilly

Nothing definite yet though

I know these are in play right now, but i am only just getting back online and I did do the bets as printed above, first single + asian too, second double and third single.

Edit: the Russian game is over so if I need a photo of the bets someone tell me how to do one and I shall oblige :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic v St Johnstone
    Motherwell put 5 past St Johnstone at the weeked
    Going big on Celtic goals over 2.5 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anyone else looking at the PP powerplay West Ham and Celtic at 11/4

with bet365 its only paying 2.08/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

I like the look of West Ham dnb tonight @5/6.Both are in good form but one stat that sticks out like a sore thumb for me is that Cardiff have only won 1 of their last 8 games at home.West Ham have only lost twice in the league this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement