Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jugger0 wrote: »
    , im swimming in the stuff.

Is that good for lean gains,
    I want to look like an olympic swimmer not a bodybuilder who can't move,

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Hanley wrote: »
    I just got 2 smart shakers and 5kg of 82% protein for < 75 quid. Win!

Mind if I ask where? Need to buy a bag of whey and like the look of those smart shakers - looks a very good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Mellor wrote: »
    Is that good for lean gains,
    I want to look like an olympic swimmer not a bodybuilder who can't move,

Being built like a bodybuilder is a very intentional pursuit,natural bodybuilding comps=a load of swimmers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Mind if I ask where? Need to buy a bag of whey and like the look of those smart shakers - looks a very good deal.

Ah the protein came from myprotein with almost 40 quid off thanks to my reward points!!

The smart shakers came off the official website. Got the Cutler v2 model and the black v1 for like 30 bops delivered.

Someone was saying you can get 6kg of whey for 50 quid delivered off discountsupplements.co.uk, but i've no idea as to the quality cos i haven't got looking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

I received my protein email to say they had lowered prices again.

As alternative to the smart shaker look in baby section of boots where they sell similar containers for baby powder formula

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Ah the protein came from myprotein with almost 40 quid off thanks to my reward points!!

The smart shakers came off the official website. Got the Cutler v2 model and the black v1 for like 30 bops delivered.

Someone was saying you can get 6kg of whey for 50 quid delivered off discountsupplements.co.uk, but i've no idea as to the quality cos i haven't got looking yet.

30 eur0 or pounds? Either way very expensive!

They are nice. I lost two of them. Sadly.

john_cappa wrote: »
    30 eur0 or pounds? Either way very expensive!

They are nice. I lost two of them. Sadly.

Euro... I don't really care cos they're so handy tho!! The little carabiner is gonna be my saviour, I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

hi guys does anyone know were to pick xtend supplement dont want to buy online , just a shop in dublin i can call into

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

Tried jack3d and nothing happened, yes I did it on an empty stomach, shaked d container and up the scoops..

was wondering has anyone else had this problem and is there a better PWO suppliment that is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Hi - apologies if this has been asked already.

Just about to order more protein. I have been buying the 10lb ON GS for the last couple of years and found it real good. But looking on fitnessireland they are selling the Kinetica whey for e13 cheaper.

I know the fat content is higher in Kinetica but e13 is e13!

Anyone recommend Kinetica??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

it's what i've been using for the last few months.tastes great.only problem is that it mixes terribly with milk...use water and it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

boomtown84 wrote: »
    it's what i've been using for the last few months.tastes great.only problem is that it mixes terribly with milk...use water and it's grand.

Carberry were kinda enough to send me some samples of Kinetica Whey and Complete. I got 4 samples of whey - chocolate, mint choc, banoffee and vanilla. The complete was strawberry and choc.

I tried the choc whey yesterday and it tastes better then ON, mixes well and no gut issues. I tried the strawberry complete today and it mixes well and tastes good for an all-in-one. Has a bit of an after taste from the Glutamine but its fine.

You can get a bag of Kinetica why from universalnutrition.ie for €75. Dunno if I'd buy them over MyProtein considering cost. It'd come down to MP messing up an order or DPD messing around with deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Is it ok to dump a portion of protein over ready brek/porridge in the mornings, then just mix it in, would rather mix it with something, than drink it normally, once a day after my workout is enough of that, so just wondering will the protein still absorb ok mixed with the above???? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Tried jack3d and nothing happened, yes I did it on an empty stomach, shaked d container and up the scoops..

was wondering has anyone else had this problem and is there a better PWO suppliment that is better?

I was the same as this. Its just one of those PWO's that doesn't work (everyone has one). In place of Jack3d id say try 1MR, Muscle Pharm Assault or Dorian Yates Noxpump. They'll all work out better value too

I was the same as this. Its just one of those PWO's that doesn't work (everyone has one). In place of Jack3d id say try 1MR, Muscle Pharm Assault or Dorian Yates Noxpump. They'll all work out better value too

Cheers man, nothing more annoying than spending money on this product and it having no effect on ya.

dont suppose anyone wants to swap me? icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

did you take 3 scoops?

What effect are you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

on the subject of jack3d-I told a guy that can get tested that I thought remembered reading that 1 of the ingredients is on the WADA banned list.
    Was I right or did I give him a sh1t attack for nothing?

john_cappa wrote: »
    did you take 3 scoops?

What effect are you after?

I took 3 scoops and nothing..

looking for more energy to keep me going for when I am lifting the weights.

I told the jack3d boys on facebook wat was going on and they said I needed to cycle off of caffeine because of how much soft drinks I used to drink..

Just want a pre work supp that will boost me with energy to keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

on the subject of jack3d-I told a guy that can get tested that I thought remembered reading that 1 of the ingredients is on the WADA banned list.

Its defo banned in some sports, pretty sure rowers cant take it and its banned in Canada too.

Pretty ghey that you can smoke and drink in Canada but you cant take jack3d...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

It definitely was. I dunno if it's still in it.

It's the stuff those two south africans got pinged for afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The 1 3-dimethylamylamine ingredient is WADA banned iirc.

Can we get some perspective on this?

-In what concentration is it banned?
    -How much would one have to take, and for what period of time, to risk a positive test?
    -What is the half life like of the compound?
    -Is it banned in competition only, or is it all prohibited OOC??

I spent years being drug tested, just cos something is on the banned list doesn't mean you can't take it... (that actually sounds really bad, but you know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In addition to comments above.
    Banned doesn't mean dangerous or harmful.
    Vicks nasal inhaler has a ingredient on the banned list. Lots of other over the counter meds have have banned ingredients in certain doses.
    Banned by WADA sounds a lot worse than it is

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Can we get some perspective on this?

-In what concentration is it banned?
    -How much would one have to take, and for what period of time, to risk a positive test?
    -What is the half life like of the compound?
    -Is it banned in competition only, or is it all prohibited OOC??

I spent years being drug tested, just cos something is on the banned list doesn't mean you can't take it... (that actually sounds really bad, but you know what I mean).

Listed as a "specified stimulant" so you may be able to explain it

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/Science-Medicine/Prohibited-List/QA-on-2011-Prohibited-List/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

TheZ wrote: »

Less severe ban, if any. Generally cos it's something that COULD be legitimately ingested accidentally. It's usually stimulants that fall into that class.

Thanks all-ill let him know for definite!

Thanks all-ill let him know for definite!

Tbh the WADA site's REALLY good, it's well worth looking at.

Hey guys just wondering does anyone go to the gym in ballyfermot? the BLCO one if so could ya's please tell me what time has the LEAST amount of people in it?

Dont want to go in and everything is being used so what time does the gym be dead at?

cheers

Tbh the WADA site's REALLY good, it's well worth looking at.

cheers ill let him know-I remembered reading some compounds can have 15+ alternate names so thought Id ask on here just to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Hey lads, was hoping get some advice bout supplements...

Was putting on bita weight bout year ago (not much at all) n finally got back to gym n got it off me.

But now I'm hoping to get in shape more. I'd like to bulk up a bit but not alot. Have recently bought some high-protein powders (promax - high protein, low fats n carbs) to help build some definition.

I am wondering if just a high protein shake is enough. But I seriously dont wanna put on huge muscle mass either!
    I avoided shakes that contain proteins, fats and carbs as the last thing I wanna do it put the fat back on..

So I guess I'm asking is a shake of mixed proteins, carbs and fats likely to make you fat if you cant exercise as regular as you like?? I only manage to get to the gym 2-3 times a week.

Also, is the maximuscle brand just an expensive supplement coz they have the publicity or are they better than the rest?? they worth the money?

Advertisement