I've been keeping an eye on these forums for a while but can't determine which I'm looking for is feasible/available yet so I'm going to ask and hope I don't get my head taken off for asking a stupid question.
- At the moment I have UPC HD boxes serving 3 TV's.
- I have Netflix on 2 of the TV's via attached game consoles.
- I also have a FreeSat HD with PVR setup (I've a Sagem DTR 94500) which serves one of the TV's but gets little use as the same TV is also served by UPC. I got the FreeSat installed a couple of years ago to see if FreeSat alone could replace UPC but the answer to that was a clear 'no' for two reasons namely 1) We'd miss the Irish channels too much and 2) the kids would miss the Disney type channels too much.
Two years on things have changed.
1. The kids are older and "Disney" type programs are no longer that popular, they are now much more into National Geographic, The History Channel etc and can access any amount of 'kids' programs on Netflix.
2. SaorView/SaorSat is now a reality.
1. I would like to switch from UPC to a free to air service. Netflix and the local DVD rental shop will cover off the loss of movies and I'll make alternative arrangements for watching SkySports only sporting events such as going to the pub for a few pints
2. I want each TV to be fed by a single box which merges FreeSat and SaorSat/SaorView.
3. I want there to be a single/merged 7 day EPG with built in PVR (preferably 500GB) and "series-link" type recording i.e. an option to record all episodes of a particular program.
4. I want to be able to watch one program and record another simultaneously or possibly watch one and record two at the same time including watching a FreeSat programme whilst recording a SaorSat/SaorView programme and vice versa.
My "Nice to Haves"
1. I would love it if the box which met the requirement outlined above could also act as an extender to Windows Media Player and could also run Netflix.
2. I would love the box to have an internet connection for streaming online content.
So, can my requirement be met in a "single box" manner? I'm sure it can probably be done with multiple boxes and remote controls but I'd rather keep UPC than have a collection of boxes and remotes at each TV.
Is there an installer serving South Dublin who would be interested in surveying my house and giving me a quote to supply and install the relevant equipment?