Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, rate these two teams for me please. Which one would you prefer and why? I'm doing a bit of an experiment so I will reveal what, but I just don't want that to cloud perception at the minute. Both come in at exactly £100m and there's no trick or anything like that.

Team A:

Rotation between Mannone and Krul. Terry and Shaw partnered by whoever is at home from Huth or Taylor who rotate perfectly. Midfield four are as is every week and the third striker alongside Dzeko will be Wickham or similar.

fbf3dd664eeb25f34a3c990c7e46d4c2.png

Team B:

De Gea starts in goal every week. Terry partners two home defenders from the remaining four which guarantees me at least two at home for 34 weeks of the season. It's a 3-5-2 so the midfield five are as is every week, with Rooney partnering Dzeko. The £5m bench striker is one that has a sniff on playing, it could be Darren Bent or similar either.

bc03c3b609ba6c3c0d1c0f5d19403ec1.png

A for me. I favour 3-4-3 and you have two strong defenders and then Huth/Taylor to rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It's too late and my suspicious mind is trying to figure out what divilment you're up to rather than assess the teams so I'll tell you in the morning!

But I like a little from column A and a little from column B :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Lads, rate these two teams for me please. Which one would you prefer and why? I'm doing a bit of an experiment so I will reveal what, but I just don't want that to cloud perception at the minute. Both come in at exactly £100m and there's no trick or anything like that.

Team A:

Rotation between Mannone and Krul. Terry and Shaw partnered by whoever is at home from Huth or Taylor who rotate perfectly. Midfield four are as is every week and the third striker alongside Dzeko will be Wickham or similar.

Team B:

De Gea starts in goal every week. Terry partners two home defenders from the remaining four which guarantees me at least two at home for 34 weeks of the season. It's a 3-5-2 so the midfield five are as is every week, with Rooney partnering Dzeko. The £5m bench striker is one that has a sniff on playing, it could be Darren Bent or similar either.

I prefer B as the midfield has potentially more "punch" than A, and it lacks the uncertainty of who will be the 6.0 forward of choice.

I prefer the Terry/Shaw/Other combination of defence in A but personally dont like rotating Gks but that's mainly because it's never worked for me in the past :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

tom_k wrote: »
    Needs less Stoke IMO. ;) Cameron not a certain starter but your substitute defenders will probably start. Actually you've one of the rare teams that I've spotted where substitute defenders are actually likely to get regular game time.

Crouch to one of the other 6.0 forwards (Ings, Austin etc.) who look most likely to start nearer to deadline day as many of us will be doing.

Keeping an eye on 6m Forward thread - Crouch is there just for a fun atm.

I will, however, stick to the 2 Stoke defenders atm. There are many doubts pre-season, a risk I can take.

I am more concerned about Hazard (despite his good effort at WC) - the money can be better spent I think. Sterling in would give me another 1.5 to the bank - 2.5m total. This would allow me to upgrade Dzeko or Giroud if needed.

As for your first paragraph - it is important to have a team that is likely to play - especially in GW1. You never know what the managers plans are.

Thanks for the advice - will look again, and again, and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers for rating the two teams I posted lads. A very small sample size as it is quite late and not long since I posted but views seem mixed. I'm off to bed now and will forget if I leave it until morning, so I'll explain why I was wondering what you thought of both.

I became a member on FF Scout a few weeks ago and have been messing around with their rate my team projection option. I can't say too much as per the charter, but I don't think I'm breaking any rules by saying Team A projects to give a total of 317 points over the first 6 gameweeks, with Team B projecting at 309 points over the same period. Not a huge difference, but Team A projects as the better one and from gameweek 1-6 expects to give a better score than Team B in all individual gameweeks expect gameweek 2.

I found it interesting anyway. :pac:

Looking objectively I do think there's a lot more balance defensively in Team A. I think Sigurdsson will outscore the £6m strikers and I could get him in for Albrighton but it means that I'd be effectively playing with a squad one player light as no £4.5m striker will get a sniff. I'm not sure it's near worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

tom_k wrote: »
    I prefer B as the midfield has potentially more "punch" than A, and it lacks the uncertainty of who will be the 6.0 forward of choice.

I prefer the Terry/Shaw/Other combination of defence in A but personally dont like rotating Gks but that's mainly because it's never worked for me in the past :(

The only difference is Albrighton vs Sigurdsoon. Not too much of a punch imo.

I prefer the A team - Terry, Huth and Shaw with Krul / Mannone is good enough. If you choose plan B - DeGea, Terry and Pieters with noone else in defence. Not to mention that Wickham (or any other 6m forward) would do better than Dutkiewicz.

It is a 4 possible CS's + 3 strikers vs 3 possible CS's + 2 strikers.

The answer is A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Just getting back into FF mode the last couple of days, attached is first draft of team, would appreciate any comments.

photo.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Cheers for rating the two teams I posted lads. A very small sample size as it is quite late and not long since I posted but views seem mixed. I'm off to bed now and will forget if I leave it until morning, so I'll explain why I was wondering what you thought of both.

I became a member on FF Scout a few weeks ago and have been messing around with their rate my team projection option. I can't say too much as per the charter, but I don't think I'm breaking any rules by saying Team A projects to give a total of 317 points over the first 6 gameweeks, with Team B projecting at 309 points over the same period. Not a huge difference, but Team A projects as the better one and from gameweek 1-6 expects to give a better score than Team B in all individual gameweeks expect gameweek 2.

I found it interesting anyway. :pac:

Looking objectively I do think there's a lot more balance defensively in Team A. I think Sigurdsson will outscore the £6m strikers and I could get him in for Albrighton but it means that I'd be effectively playing with a squad one player light as no £4.5m striker will get a sniff. I'm not sure it's near worth the risk.

Paully, are you just adding up total of all 15 players or assuming same starting 11 and Rooney as captain every week? I was trying to compare my team with Team A (as it's the one I prefer) but could not get to your total!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

What's the craic with so many people bringing in Sigurdsson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Midfielder with an eye for a goal and will be on most set pieces plus his loan spell was very productive at Swansea two and a half years ago. He looked very impressive, he played 18 games, scored 7 and assisted 5 while picking up 11 bonus points then so it's a hope that a return to this club/system combined with the starts he'll no doubt get will bring back this level of performance again.

I'd be positive of it too, in terms of minutes played last season he had the equivalent of just over 14 games but managed 5 goals and 5 bonus points in a team that struggled for goals at then time so I reckon if it looks like a punt at least it's a punt that has history of performing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Last time he was at Swansea he racked up the goals & assists.
    He got 102 points in the 18 games in 11/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Good fixtures, probably playing off the front man, will be on a lot of set pieces, has a goal in him, was great when he was with Swansea the last time.

At 6m I think he's a good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Team A:

Team B:

De Gea starts in goal every week. Terry partners two home defenders from the remaining four which guarantees me at least two at home for 34 weeks of the season. Mariappa/Simpson could become a Sunderland/Newcastle combination either. It's a 3-5-2 so the midfield five are as is every week, with Rooney partnering Dzeko. The £5m bench striker is one that has a sniff on playing, it could be Darren Bent or similar either.

Both teams are strong. But I favour team B. Your front 7 in team B is stronger, as you don't have the 6.0m striker. You're defence is a bit weaker, but you have put DDG in goal in team B, and that's an improvement there.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Last time he was at Swansea he racked up the goals & assists.
    He got 102 points in the 18 games in 11/12.

7 goals and four assists in the 18 games. He was that good Swansea didn't get signing him!

When you think about it, that 11/12 second half of season was highly unusual. Players who have since failed to deliver like Papiss Cisse, Jelavic and Pienaar were ripping the League up. I remember actually having excess cash for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thoughts?

316738.png

keane2097 wrote: »
    Thoughts?

316738.png

Strong team but I'd worry about Zamora. I wouldn't expect him to feature much.

I'd also change Lovren. I don't think a Liverpool defender is worth 5.5 to be honest. Only 8 clean sheets last season. I know Rodgers may change that this year but I'd have more faith in Evans at United for 5.5 (even though you have De Gea) or Davies under Pochettino at Spurs for 5 million.

Debuchy also has tough opening fixtures. If it was me I'd look at Debuchy to a 5 million defender like Davies at Spurs, Lovren to Robert Huth who rotates with Taylor and has good fixtures. That leaves 1 million to upgrade Zamora to Steven Fletcher who may be a decent shout at 5.5.

It also leaves you with 12 of your 13 outfield players who will deifnitely start (Fletcher being the only doubt).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yeah but remember L'pool before Suarez came in last year? They were as tight as anything. 3 or 4 clean sheets in a row. I expect Rodgers to be much more conservative this time round without a plan A route to kick to Suarez. Lovren is a great defender and I think its a good choice.

I've been adamant that I'm going 343, so I just made a 352 team to see what I can come up with. Worst. Decision. Ever. Now im torn between the two. I'd appreciate opinions on both.

DeGea Myhill
    Debuchy Terry Shawcross +2 4.0 defs
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen Albrighton
    Dzeko Rooney giroud

DeGea Myhill
    Coloccini Davies Luis Taylor Moore
    Mata Hazard siggy Eriksen de jong
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Keepers are the same, it essentially boils down to Costa + de jong + slightly weaker defence vs giroud dzeko + stronger defence.

With Chelseas opening fixtures I reckon Costa could run riot. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I've been adamant that I'm going 343, so I just made a 352 team to see what I can come up with. Worst. Decision. Ever. Now im torn between the two. I'd appreciate opinions on both.

DeGea Myhill
    Dzeko Rooney giroud

DeGea Myhill
    Coloccini Davies Luis Taylor Moore
    Mata Hazard siggy Eriksen de jong
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Keepers are the same, it essentially boils down to Costa + de jong + slightly weaker defence vs giroud dzeko + stronger defence.

With Chelseas opening fixtures I reckon Costa could run riot. Thoughts?

Why not have Dzeko instead of Costa in your 3-5-2 team, then you could have pretty much the same defence.

Why not have Dzeko instead of Costa in your 3-5-2 team, then you could have pretty much the same defence.

If I'm going with 2 up top I want to have a) guaranteed starters and b) the big hitters. In your scenario I'd be swapping giroud for de jong, a risk I'm not willing to take.

• Advertisement

I've just realised that Costa and Bojan are 1mil cheaper than dzeko and giroud, so I can have the defenders and midfielders from the first team, with the front line of the second one.

That leaves the team looking like :

Terry debuchy Shawcross
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen
    Bojan Costa Rooney

Subs: o'shea, Coloccini, Albrighton.

I actually quite like that team, but it means playing Albrighton or Bojan every week, unless I go 442!

Jesus, this game would put you in an early grave.

Yeah but remember L'pool before Suarez came in last year? They were as tight as anything. 3 or 4 clean sheets in a row. I expect Rodgers to be much more conservative this time round without a plan A route to kick to Suarez. Lovren is a great defender and I think its a good choice.

That's a good point. Rodgers' teams were certainly good for clean sheets in the two seasons prior to last year.

Lovren could be good for a goal too. 2 goals last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I've just realised that Costa and Bojan are 1mil cheaper than dzeko and giroud, so I can have the defenders and midfielders from the first team, with the front line of the second one.

That leaves the team looking like :

Terry debuchy Shawcross
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen
    Bojan Costa Rooney

Subs: o'shea, Coloccini, Albrighton.

I actually quite like that team, but it means playing Albrighton or Bojan every week, unless I go 442!

Jesus, this game would put you in an early grave.

Not sure about 2 Chelsea attackers myself, might be better switching Hazard to an Arsenal mid to bring so balance and Ramsey would free 1m to improve Albrighton.....

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Not sure about 2 Chelsea attackers myself, might be better switching Hazard to an Arsenal mid to bring so balance and Ramsey would free 1m to improve Albrighton.....

I'd favour a Chelsea mid over Costa myself. Strikers at Chelsea generally do score quite well but their game is also about holding the ball up and bringing the midfielders into the game.

I'd stick with:

DeGea Myhill
    Dzeko Rooney giroud

Cheers for the input lads.

@rosco....I know what you mean, but away to burnley and home to Leicester are their first two fixtures. If it was later in the season, people would be stocking up on Chelsea attackers, as they could conceivably score 7 or 8 in the 2 games. If Costa gets 10+pts in gw1,people will be all over him.

@Lemlin despite what I've said above, I still think my 343 is stronger overall. If I get a hint of dzeko being out of favour, though I'll change. Maybe downgrade Shawcross and bring in jelavic for Bojan.

Thanks again for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Decent article from Michael Cox on Liverpool tactically without Suarez....

http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/how-liverpool-can-adapt-to-suarez-departure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My first draft is as follows

De gea
    Van Anaholt, Davies, Debuchy
    Sanchez, Hazard, Nasri, De jong
    RVP, Bony, Nugent

Subs: Gill, Albrighton, Santon, Wisdom

What ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I've decided that Costa is the target this Chelsea midfield have been waiting for and am taking a chance on him. If it doesn't work out I'll get to see who is performing in their midfield and be able to change easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Is anyone considering Pelle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Doris300 wrote: »
    Is anyone considering Pelle?

Not from the get go, will definitely be keeping an eye on him though. Needs to be seen how Southampton fare with half their team after legging it first imo!

Advertisement