Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga in Cork

• 08-06-2013 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking for the least expensive place to take yoga lessons in Cork. I'm living right by Cork City Centre so anywhere walking or biking distance would be preferred. Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Practically all the yoga teachers in Cork are listed at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/yoga-ireland/local-yoga-classes/cork-yoga-classes/

so a few phone calls will give you your answer.

However i would really recommed you to look for quality rather than cheapness.

If you are going to invest time and effort into a practice, it is well worth paying a few euros extra to get the best vof teachers. Very often with some yoga classes these days... it can be like the blind leading the blind.

Ideally ask your yoga teacher where they trained.... how many years they trained (not months) ... how any years they have been practicing themselves (preferably over 10 years if they are teaching) and a host of other questions which i am sure you will find tips about in this Forum.

I wish you wellwith your practice.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

Thanks for the list Dave, very comprehensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations of schools/instructors in Cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LuG123

I haven't been to her in the studio in Cork but I know Nikki Cousins from teaching in Dublin. I believe she teaches classes in a studio in cork so It might be worth contacting her. She is a very experienced yoga teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 YogaLoftJodie

Nikki has classes in Yoga Loft Cork. She teaches a beginners class on Thursday evenings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Check out the Yoga loft on Monahan road, good prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

Hey - I'm in Cork city on the weekend, 9th/10th Sept, attending a DavidJi event on Sunday. I get into the city around 1pm on Saturday, and I'd like to attend a yoga class or workshop in the afternoon or evening. Anyone have any recommendations? Only type of class i'm not really into is Bikram/Hot Yoga. I had a search on google, but nothing coming up.

Advertisement