Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Kanye West Album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Dont mean to be bashing kanye fans, but i honestly think it fits in with this new EDM genre the yanks made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Always said i'd love to see him live again if he comes back here but if he'd be playing the likes of that forget about it, it's actually a struggle listening to that which is a pity because his first 3 albums are some of favourites.

Edit: just read that skrillex is featuring on his album? What the fùck is that, that absolute musical cretin should be kept away from this album, kanye made some of the best beats of the 00s, he could single handedly produce this no problem there's actually no need for all this experimental shít he did that on 808s and that was a horrible album

He's completely lost the plot man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ok, skrillex was a less then uninspired choice. Although his feature on Asaps album was a pleasant surprise.

Honestly I don't see how New slaves and Skinhead sound anything like the edm ****e we get in the charts however.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not so sure about this new Kanye music that is being released. I had heard a while back that the album would be upbeat/techno-ish and I immediately thought WillIAm...thankfully he has not gone that route.
    But from what I can hear, the beats sound real lazy, even for a dance number, and the rapping seems to be pretty similar on every track. But that is from the sh*tty sounding videos that have been uploaded.

I am a fan of rappers that put a dancey/upbeaty twist on their music, heck, I was even driving to work today blasting the P.O.S We Dont Even Live Here album in the Punto. I think the production and lyrics on that album fit extremely well together, but I do not get that vibe from what Kanye has teased us with.

I also have read somewhere that he is getting Rick Rubin into the studio to re-work the album. So it may not be signed and sealed yet. Perhaps we might see different versions of the album each with their own theme?

• Advertisement

Rick Rubin, must be some re-work, he wont buy into any of them "techno" themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    the P.O.S We Dont Even Live Here album in the Punto.

What an album and an even better car.
    I also have read somewhere that he is getting Rick Rubin into the studio to re-work the album. So it may not be signed and sealed yet. Perhaps we might see different versions of the album each with their own theme?

Yea I saw a link to it on Facebook. Never clicked in though. If anyone can help, Rick can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I for one can't wait for this. And I don't know how Black Skinhead, I Am God OR New Slaves can be classed as EDM in the slightest.

Also that line, 'I just talked to Jesus, he said what up Yeezus' is absolutely fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i personally cant wait for this album, i think, from those clips anyway ,they sound nothing like EDM atall!!! thats a ridiculous statement to make !! to say that this is techno , yes ok some can get why its classed at that but to as far as saying he needs to lay off the daft punk samples etc is fcukin stupid :rolleyes: daft punk are far from techno!!

i can get that kanye is experimenting and thats a good thing , its progression!! me personally, i would prefer that than him stepping back and doing the same old thing again , yes he was great and what he did for hip hop was cool at the time,so let that sh*t go!! appreciate it and move on :)

iv progressively liked kanye and grew to like him with each album so im excited with this one :)

i love nine inch nails and the TRON sound track and for me this sounds like a mixture on the track 'on site' and the untitled track so im super fcukin happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeah, I'm not sure about this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Soo apparently this is a 'tentative' tracklist, but he did have a listening party for the album the other day. No Pusha T features, but there is a Cudi feature so I guess that officially diffuses all rumours of a G.O.O.D./Cudi beef. Anyway the hype fir this is becoming too much.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/06/11/kanye-west-yeezus-tracklist-including-three-daft-punk-produced-songs/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Personally, I love the fact that he tries new sounds with each album, so that they sound distinct from the last.

Late registration added the whole big orchestral sound to the soul sound of college dropout.
    Graduation was more stripped back with less soul samples and more electronic sounds.
    Then 808's completely stripped it back before MBDTF brought back a big epic sound but in a new more rocky way.

He's actually one of the only rappers that I can instantly remember which album each of his songs are from by listening to them.

So however this turns out, even if it's a complete failure. Chances are his next album will be completely different.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No Pusha T features, but there is a Cudi feature so I guess that officially diffuses all rumours of a G.O.O.D./Cudi beef.

Cudi clarified that shortly after the split from GOOD. He basically told Kanye that his sound is in a totally different direction to the rest of the roster and doesn't fit well. Kanye agreed, gave his blessing to rip up the contract and told Cudi that he really supported his music.

There are also about 500 copies of the Indicud album printed with the GOOD Music logo on them, if you ever see it, snap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

New videos of new songs

Could of been somebody

Send it up

Both songs sound crazy imo :D

Cudi clarified that shortly after the split from GOOD. He basically told Kanye that his sound is in a totally different direction to the rest of the roster and doesn't fit well. Kanye agreed, gave his blessing to rip up the contract and told Cudi that he really supported his music.

There are also about 500 copies of the Indicud album printed with the GOOD Music logo on them, if you ever see it, snap it up.

No Kanye asked Cudi out to Paris to record for the new album after he left but Cudi was recording Need For Speed movie then and had no time but said he'd go after he was done but that's obviously too late.

He also said Happy Birthday to Kanye a few days ago on twitter so everythings good.

There was 200,000 copies and Cudi said they're 'limited edition'.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

From the dailyloud.com http://thedailyloud.com/2013/06/13/kanye-west-yeezus-album-tracklist/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here is the tracklist for Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Album. It contains 10 tracks. Features from Frank Ocean, Chief Keef, Travi$ Scott, King L, Charlie Wilson and Justin Vernon. Production from Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke, Travi$ Scott, S1, Mike Dean and more. ‘Yeezus’ hits stores on June 18th.

Check out the tracklist below.

1. On Sight
    2. Black Skinhead
    3. I Am A God
    4. New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean)
    5. Hold My Liquor (feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon)
    6. Im In It (feat. Justin Vernon)
    7. Blood On The Leaves
    8. Guilt Trip (feat. Travi$ Scott)
    9. Send It Up (feat. King L)
    10. Bound (feat. Charlie Wilson)

Haven't seen an album with only 10 tracks in a while!

Blisterman wrote: »
    Haven't seen an album with only 10 tracks in a while!

and with the hype that surrounds it , i think it isnt enough :rolleyes:

Frank Ocean and Justin Vernon excepted, it's a fairly mediocre selection of guests. Where's Jay Z, Mos Def, Pusha T, Common, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco etc.?

Well, at least Big Sean isn't on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Cannot believe it has not leaked yet. I'd expect it to later on today.

Kanye must be pulling some strings to hold it to this long.

• Advertisement

i didnt see kanye have chief keef on track on his actual album same with young chop producing a track too :confused: anyone know a connection ?

tbh half of the features on this album was a bit of a shock to me like what was said above where is jay z , john legend or any of the good music crew? didnt expect it, maybe its because good music must have something coming out together soon

@Keno 92 - the album was is available, which will effectively mean no outlets will be getting early copies which would result in a leak.

more info and images are on; http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.24154/title.kanye-west-yeezus-release-date-cover-art-tracklist

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

An interesting Rick Rubin interview on the album;
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/14/the-inside-story-of-kanye-wests-yeezus/

Kanye must have been in some zone during those 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone else surprised kanye hasnt got a single doing the rounds at the moment on the radio etc ?

the albums out in a few weeks and there's no real promotion behind it imo... he'll still sell a lot because kanye in fairness always keeps himself relevant musically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

LEAKED.

Hell yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

can you pm me a link please ?:)

Anyone else listened thoughts???

After one listen, it's....I can't describe it

Definitely 'Ye's most left-field project, which says a lot

I think the stretch from Black Skinhead-Can't Hold my Liquor (Chief Keef sounds great on this :eek:) is awesome, and Blood on the Leaves is an anthem, but I can't see what Kanye was going for here.

Repeated listens are going to be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

There will be projections in Dublin tomorrow night if anyone's interested.

http://www.kanyewest.com/projections/

Advertisement