Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

jaseo wrote: »
    It is a tad creepy. Will be back when it has finished advertising. Farewell boards.

Thank you maestro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I havnt seen this ad he speaks of but I love how s/he closed the account over it.
    It seems somebody new turns up every weekend and then closes their account before monday . I wonder if its the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

cloptrop wrote: »
    I havnt seen this ad he speaks of but I love how s/he closed the account over it.
    It seems somebody new turns up every weekend and then closes their account before monday . I wonder if its the same person.

Yeah im also suspicious.
    More Decco and Caoimhe tonight...lovely!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:eek:

Sweet Jesus Niamh is HUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Lucy and Laura cat fight coming soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I actually fancy Pete a bit! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »

Well you know what they say.. The telly ads 200 pounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Lucy is sooo weird! I used to think the actress was very wooden but now I think she does the creepy thing very well. If I was renting a room to her out of the goodness of my heart like dolores is I'd have her kicked out for speaking to me like that! Hope she doesn't split Pete and dolores, is say next step is pretending Pete made a pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When Caoimhe is kissing Decco it reminds me of the one from Species eating her prey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Long time no type. I'm back. Still watching Fair City. Think I might give it a miss now the long evenings are back tho. It's boring the **** outa me the last good while!

Anyone see Yvonne on Brendan O'Connor last night? Dunno why she bothered getting all dressed up and making herself look so lovely. Waste of time! That O'Conner gimp is completely feckin useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Think I have the whole Lucy mystery figured out. Shes working for the dole office and is spying on Dolores to see if shes getting paid for working in the Helping Hand. Also her taking job in the Hungry Pig where she can keep an eye on those Decco and Zumo sorts who are guaranted to be on Jobseekers, how are they able to pay for milkshakes and hamburgers when they come in. Wayne also has an inheritance so he is bound to owe the social something and when Laura might have at one stage gone into the social welfare office to claim for something, Lucy is afraid she is going to remember and recognise her.

amdublin wrote: »

if yo cant lift it dont shift it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Isn't Mairead Farrell (of Today FM with Ray Darcy 'fame') the one who played Helen?

And why do they have to have every female actress towering over their other halves - Caoimhe makes Decco look like a dwarf; Jo used to do the same to Dermot.

And could someone go to Tesco, Superquinn, other than Spar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amtc wrote: »
    Isn't Mairead Farrell (of Today FM with Ray Darcy 'fame') the one who played Helen?

No.

They are similar if you compare the Helen of fifteen years ago with the Mairead of now.

But if you were to compare them now....sure Helen must be forty five.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

cloptrop wrote: »
    Maybe its some sort of modern day Cinderella that has to delete the account before monday or else she will turn into that baldy fella that works in the pub . You know him , he had a line before , I think it was something like "yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

ive a theory on lucy. its not politically correct. so ill try and word it carefully in case i offend anyone....
    i think lucy has some form of autuism. its not that shes nice. shes just void of personality and emotion. and doesnt understand bounderies. id say the social worker dermott was afraid of and hiding from, was hers when she was younger. she sees dolores as her mother figure and doesnt want dolores to have anyone else.

the high functioning physio bloke is gone so they needed a replacement for what the writers thought was an interesting way to portray autusim after their success with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

Zak talking about Charlotte: She had cancer, her father's in prison, her mother left her father and her brothers are criminals but worst of all, she had to grow up in Arklow. Comedy gold!

Makes you wonder what the regional split of Fair City viewers is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Corrie are doing a female-on-male domestic abuse story. The Sun gives some credit to FC for getting there first.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishtv/4188637/Shock-Corrie-plot-but-our-Fair-City-did-it-first.html

Corrie are doing a female-on-male domestic abuse story. The Sun gives some credit to FC for getting there first.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishtv/4188637/Shock-Corrie-plot-but-our-Fair-City-did-it-first.html

yeah when i read it on digital spy i thought of fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iceblue wrote: »
    ive a theory on lucy. its not politically correct. so ill try and word it carefully in case i offend anyone....
    i think lucy has some form of autuism. its not that shes nice. shes just void of personality and emotion. and doesnt understand bounderies. id say the social worker dermott was afraid of and hiding from, was hers when she was younger. she sees dolores as her mother figure and doesnt want dolores to have anyone else.

the high functioning physio bloke is gone so they needed a replacement for what the writers thought was an interesting way to portray autusim after their success with him?

Lucy looks the same age as the social worker Emily :confused:

I think Lucy is a nut case who wants Dolores all to herself, last night when Dolores was telling her she wrong and she should apologise to Laura, Dolores said she wasnt her mother but Lucy said she'd apologise if Dolores wanted her too it is like Lucy wants Dolores to be her mother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Anyone else notice from Sunday nights episode,Dolores says to Lucy 'Im not your mother'? Think it was when they had the little row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TheZohan strikes back

Shannon was meant to have grown up in england so where is her english accent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,569 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice from Sunday nights episode,Dolores says to Lucy 'Im not your mother'? Think it was when they had the little row.

I saw that scene. Must say, I thought it was extremely well acted. Very believable and natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daretrick

walshb wrote: »
    I saw that scene. Must say, I thought it was extremely well acted. Very believable and natural.

What will this lead to I would love to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 L.Wre

Kira Carroll is the name of the actress who played Helen Doyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Has Kweeva put on a few pounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Size of that bag. Must be some chilli burger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Haha did anyone see the handle falling off the door in the surgery? Quality set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 L.Wre

Zumo - Carrigstown's Phil Mitchell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daretrick

Lucy sucking up to Laura. Sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement