Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pale Skin

• 03-09-2015 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Hey,

I'm really pale. And a lot of foundations are orange, even if they're the palest in the range. :rolleyes: Any pale faced beauties in here come across what they consider their must-have in pale foundations? :P
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Revlon Colourstay in Ivory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Bobbi Brown porcelain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Loreal infallible in porcelain!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Estee Lauder in bone and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra in...005! I'm not sure what the shade is actually called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

You'll find the higher end brands have the best options for the really pale. Well, some of them anyway. Illamasqua and Mac do a pure white foundation that you can use to lighten the colour of ones that are too dark for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Smashbox do a really pale one. I don't know the name as we only have a tester but its the only one I've ever found that is too pale for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I am very pale (but veering on the yellow tone of pale!) and my favourites are:

Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 10. Which is the lightest shade.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1N2 Ecru. Which is the second darkest neutral shade.
    Bobbi Brown foundations in 2 Sand, which is the 4th darkest shade.

Even-though I am very pale, I am not always the lightest shade because of my skin tone. Bobbi Brown have a fantastic choice of shades for pale skin, however I don't think their foundations are too great especially for the price. Estee Lauder also have a good range of shades.

Some foundations just don't have a matching shade for some peoples skin. For example Revlon Colorstay is too pale for me in Buff but way too dark in Sand Beige!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sorry if I sound like a broken record people; I have told this story before, but just want to help the OP out.

Hi, OP, I am really pale too, and I also found the high-street foundations were all too orange, even their "Ivory" shades.

I then got chatting to an assistant at the Estee Lauder counter and she told me about DoubleWear.

She said it was their best-selling foundation and she applied two different shades to the backs of my hands to see which matched.
    For me, "Shell" seemed the perfect match whereas "Bone" was more for pink-toned ladies.

Since I bought my first bottle of "Shell", I've not stopped raving about Estee Lauder.
    The foundation is just the most perfect match for my skin; it also looks flawlessly smooth and lasts all day.

They temporarily discontinued "Shell" a few years back but immediately brought it back due to public outrage!

I also don't need as much as I used to with the other foundations.
    It's €36 for a bottle but trust me, it'll last you twice/three times as long as your high-street brand because you don't need as much.

You can also request a free 10-day sample at the Estee Lauder counter so you can try it out at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

Estee Lauder Double Wear Ivory Rose - i swear by it :)

And as above me says, they last a long time - i get approx 6 month out of a bottle and wear it every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I have very fair skin too, and just today used Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain for the first time. It's a nice foundation, and very good colour match for me.

I'd also recommend Double Wear (I use Cool Bone but find it a bit too dark if I don't blend it enough or use too much), and L'Oreal Infallible Matte in 010 (I think it's called porcelain but not sure!)

I feel your pain though, it's so hard to find a good pale foundation. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Another pale girl here! I swear by Rimmel's Match Perfection (blue lid), in "Light Porcelain" for my every day foundation. It's only €10, and is often even cheaper on promotion in Boots!

Just for reference, I use Mac "NC15", Estee Lauder "Shell", and Nars "Siberia" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Caroline Sticky Museum

I would be very pale too, with a cool skintone on my face but slightly warmer on my neck.

Bobbi Brown:
    Alibastor

Mac:
    Studio Fix NW10

Dior:
    Forever 015.

NYC
    (The one that's long wearing) classic Ivory

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

fussyonion wrote: »
    Sorry if I sound like a broken record people; I have told this story before, but just want to help the OP out.

Hi, OP, I am really pale too, and I also found the high-street foundations were all too orange, even their "Ivory" shades.

I then got chatting to an assistant at the Estee Lauder counter and she told me about DoubleWear.

She said it was their best-selling foundation and she applied two different shades to the backs of my hands to see which matched.
    For me, "Shell" seemed the perfect match whereas "Bone" was more for pink-toned ladies.

Since I bought my first bottle of "Shell", I've not stopped raving about Estee Lauder.
    The foundation is just the most perfect match for my skin; it also looks flawlessly smooth and lasts all day.

They temporarily discontinued "Shell" a few years back but immediately brought it back due to public outrage!

I also don't need as much as I used to with the other foundations.
    It's €36 for a bottle but trust me, it'll last you twice/three times as long as your high-street brand because you don't need as much.

You can also request a free 10-day sample at the Estee Lauder counter so you can try it out at home.
    Ooh. :)

I have pink undertones, FYI :P, so, do any of ye that have already posted/shall be posting have the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Caroline Sticky Museum

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

I would be neutral to cool toned and very pale and find Estée Lauder DW shade 1N1 Ivory Nude a good match or N1 in loreal true match. If you're passing through Dublin airport DW was only €29 last time I picked it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

I agree can't go wrong with EstÃ႒©e Lauder double wear. I'm very pale went to debenhams and they matched me really well can't remember the shade but it's great coverage and natural looking

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

ash777 wrote: »
    I have pink undertones, FYI :P, so, do any of ye that have already posted/shall be posting have the same?

Yes, I would too.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I went to the personal shopper in Brown Thomas and was given this YSL foundation in BD20 which is actually even too pale for my skin I think!

My boyfriend actually says I look like a ghost when I put it on first :eek: - it's lovely when I add bronzer etc but he reckons that its' pointless for me to have paid so much for something that makes me look so scary :pac: but I have to say, it goes on really nicely and lasts well, so might be worth a look (maybe in a different shade :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fangirl

I'm extremely pale and can't wear liquid foundation so for me It L'oreal True Match mineral Mke up in Golden Ivory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Rarely wore foundation until I had to for my wedding last year. Got BFF to help choose and the outright winner for me (after many tries of different brands) was Clinique Even Better in 01 Alabaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

I have red hair and pale skin and Bobbi Brown had the best shade match for me - cool beige.

Just a pity I found the foundations themselves weren't that great so usually end up using double wear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I have very pale pink skin. I don't wear foundation often, but when I do I wear L'Oreal True Match C1 Rose Ivory or Estee Lauder Double Wear in a mixture of 1C0 Shell and 1C1 Cool Bone.

If you are even paler than this Illamasqua Skin Base in Shade 2 might be an option. This matches my arms, but is far too light for my face. The next lightest pink shade 3.5 is slightly too dark for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Peyton Scrawny Electricity

I have pale pink skin and I used to use the L'oreal C1 too and found it great :) The only way I could get it to go on properly was with a brush and a lot of buffing but it always looked flawless in the end. I bought a pot of Bare Minerals lightest last year out of curiosity and I haven't looked back since. It gives fantastic coverage if you're willing to put 5-10 minutes into applying it. Lasts ages too and if you want a fuller coverage, you could always use it with liquid foundation too.

fangirl wrote: »
    I'm extremely pale and can't wear liquid foundation so for me It L'oreal True Match mineral Mke up in Golden Ivory.
    Do you mind me asking, why can't you wear liquid foundation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fangirl

ash777 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking, why can't you wear liquid foundation?

No, of course not, the short answer is they just don't suit me .
    When I first started wearing foundation I tried just about every brand there was and none of them looked natural or stayed on.
    No mater what moisturiser or primer I used before applying foundation it or what i used to apply it , the foundation looked patchy and uneven and the coverage was terrible. Think orange or brown patches stuck to pale skin and you get the picture.
    My skin is normal , not oily and not dry so no idea why it was happening.
    I can't even wear tinted moisturisers, they are an orange disaster and just cling to my skin.
    Luckily for me I discovered mineral make up and that was just perfect so quick and easy to apply and no problems since :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

My friend went to Douglas in Germany. Its like Boots but only for fragrances and cosmetics. They have everything from the cheapest make up to the most expensive perfumes. My friend was the lightest shade possible in their foundations. The colour match she got was NYX. It was only €7 and she says the coverage is as good, as MAC. She was about 4 shades too light for the lightest MAC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I bought a pot of Bare Minerals lightest last year out of curiosity and I haven't looked back since. It gives fantastic coverage if you're willing to put 5-10 minutes into applying it. Lasts ages too and if you want a fuller coverage, you could always use it with liquid foundation too.
    Bare Minerals is great, I also over liquid foundation whenever I need a bit of extra coverage - works a treat & my skin doesn't look or feel like I've loads of makeup on even though there's 2 foundations being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

rougegal wrote:
    I also over liquid
    Jesus!
    Meant to say 'I also use it over liquid foundation'
    (on phone so can't edit)

Advertisement