Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarifying shampoo to remove build up

• 30-08-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I use a lot of wax and petroleum pomades which doesn't wash out with normal shampoo (they're designed like that) but I get fantastic clarifying and removal of build up results with Tresemme Deep cleanse. I'd imagine it'd be a good one to try for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Yes I second the Tresemme clarifying shampoo. In Boots. Also smells great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I read somewhere today that tonic water is a really good alternative to clarifying shampoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Joico clarifying shampoo is good. If your normal shampoo isn't removing the build-up, have you changed your conditioning/styling products recently?
    Too much silicone isn't very good for your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I went into boots today and there was no clarifying shampoo of any kind.... Am I missing something? Not even the tresemme one

I have found the Tresemme one hard to find sometimes. I usually find it in Tescos or Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I use either Pantene or Herbal Essence once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I use the Pantene clarifying shampoo once a fortnight- it's excellent for removing residue from your hair without stripping it completely. It comes in a transparent bottle and is almost always half price in Dunnes Stores so would keep an eye out there. Comes in a big bottle and lasts for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

+1 for Pantene clarifying shampoo and it was half price in Tesco yesterday. I use a lot of serums so need to clarify it every now and again to get it completely clean-I also use it before hair treatments as seems to make them more effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

+1 for Joico. Best shampoo range I've ever used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clarifying+shampoo&sprefix=clarifying+shampoo%2Caps%2C157

Amazon has tons of them. If you look up the beauty section, you can fill up £25 for free shipping pretty quickly.

Advertisement