Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCSA Study Guides

• 05-10-2014 7:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll be taking the LPCI Level 1 Certification 101 and 102 exams next month as a taster to progressing onto RHCSA and RHCE exams and certifications. Does anyone have any links to good study guides. I'll do a quick google search myself, but if anyone has any good suggestions, let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

http://www.certdepot.net/ is pretty decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks for that. Looks like good reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The Red Hat RHCSA study guide is all you need really. It has everything you need to pass the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Anyone have the RHEL6 Michael Jang book and are looking to offload? Considering purchasing a voucher before the 28th February cut off with a view to doing it in the next 12 months.

Only RHEL7 exam vouchers allowed to be purchased after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The CBT Nugget video collection by Shawn Powers really helped me when taking the Linux+ exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The CBT Nugget video collection by Shawn Powers really helped me when taking the Linux+ exams.

I found them a little dry for the Linux+, much preferred the LinuxAcademy videos but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Kinet1c wrote: »
    I found them a little dry for the Linux+, much preferred the LinuxAcademy videos but each to their own.

Never tried those ones. I passed the two exams on the first attempt so Powers must know his stuff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Anyone have the RHEL6 Michael Jang book and are looking to offload? Considering purchasing a voucher before the 28th February cut off with a view to doing it in the next 12 months.

Only RHEL7 exam vouchers allowed to be purchased after that date.

I thought the RHEL6 exam could not be taken after Dec 31 2014.
    Can the (RHCSA) RHEL6 exam be taken in Ireland (exam only, no classroom training)? TIA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm starting the book "A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux". So far so good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Manach wrote: »
    I'm starting the book "A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux". So far so good.

Just downloaded it and will have a look through it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 thiagoborn

I found the rapid track in PDF format.

Advertisement