Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Babybuff wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I Just don't understand it. Most people know these people are likely gone yet you can't say it out loud.
    not really,a lot of people plan on disappearing for one reason or another. I had a great aunt went missing in the 70's, just disappeared one day leaving no trace behind, took nothing just gone. Some suspected she had left for England with a married man and to this day that appears to be the only conclusion. I often thought about doing it myself, just disappearing and starting a new life somewhere else where no one knows you or anything about you.

I'm sorry but the woman disappeared without a trace and everyone just assumed she had run off to England?
    Nobodies heard for her since the 70's?

This proves my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I find it very difficult to watch a 30 min long online video

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

i believe there is a need for vigilantes to sort out local small criminals such as burglars that the gardai do not seem interested in sorting out.

Seriously, the one thing I hate about this country is the petty criminals, burglars and other lowlifes making life difficult for everyone. I wish the Gardai would actively go after these people and make communities safer for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

dutopia wrote: »
    Seriously, the one thing I hate about this country is the petty criminals, burglars and other lowlifes making life difficult for everyone. I wish the Gardai would actively go after these people and make communities safer for everyone.

Thats hardly an unpopular opinion. However the fault lies in the stupidity and lack of civic mindedness of the electorate.

How else is it tolerated that hundreds of millions are spent on prime city centre land for prisons which never get built in the end but could be built out in the middle of the sticks for nothing ? Corruption and stupidity is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

i believe there is a need for vigilantes to sort out local small criminals such as burglars that the gardai do not seem interested in sorting out.
    That's not an unpopular opinion. THESE are unpopular opinions

I believe:

a) That we don't have a serious crime problem in this country;
    b) That just because someone's committed a crime doesn't make them a subhuman "scumbag";
    c) That the criminal justice system isn't failing because it's too soft or lenient;
    d) That the criminal justice system isn't even that lenient in the first place;
    e) That harsher punishment, like longer jail sentences, will make the problem worse, not better;
    f) That people shouldn't put themselves at risk unnecessarily trying to take on burglars or thieves;
    g) That the amount of bile directed towards "scumbags" and petty criminals in this country has more to do with snobbery than with the reality of the problem;
    h) That the vast majority of people putting forward strong opinions on criminal justice have basically no clue what they're talking about.

I could go on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I actually really like that show 'take me out':o

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Síle is hotter than Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I actually really like that show 'take me out':o

Only 5 million viewers every week

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

psychward wrote: »
    Thats hardly an unpopular opinion. However the fault lies in the stupidity and lack of civic mindedness of the electorate.

How else is it tolerated that hundreds of millions are spent on prime city centre land for prisons which never get built in the end but could be built out in the middle of the sticks for nothing ? Corruption and stupidity is everywhere.

BS the electorate have been let down by the police force in irelands ability to spot crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Only 5 million viewers every week

:p

tv ratings doesnt equal quality though, people will watch any old sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

This would lead to the collapse of society as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I remember reading the story of that vigilante guy in America who ended up getting shot and ending in a hospital.

Vigilantism only seems to work in comic books and films. Reality is much more crude and brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

karaokeman wrote: »

Lol, she is hot but I think there are a lot of celebs that are hotter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

steddyeddy wrote: »
    BS the electorate have been let down by the police force in irelands ability to spot crime.

sure but we pay their wages and we as a people seem to tolerate and continue to bankroll low standards in high places all over the kip

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0326/1224313893956.html
    ALMOST TWO-THIRDS of a group of intravenous drug-users have died in the 25 years since they enlisted in a unique medical study, research just published has found.

That's saved us a few quid.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

New one.. The bush administration meant well, most governments do.. But we live in a complex world and must compromise. (playing up to the thread title a little)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Male tennis players deserve their higher prize money on the basis they play 5 set matches, equal pay for unequal work isn't fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Downlinz

The English Premier League has become an uninteresting pile of ****e in the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ireland needs a Margaret Thatcher to sort the corrupt inefficient mess out. And I loathe Thatcher, so I am constantly at odds with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Male tennis players deserve their higher prize money on the basis they play 5 set matches, equal pay for unequal work isn't fairness

Female players have been lobbying to play 5 sets for years so that's a moot point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Female players have been lobbying to play 5 sets for years so that's a moot point

they've also been lobbying for equal pay for years and now they have it for 3 sets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not all babies are born innocent blank slates and a small percentage, no matter how many hugs and kisses or how much love and attention they are shown as a child will stop them from growing up to being total psychopaths as adults who do bad things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Downlinz wrote: »
    The English Premier League has become an uninteresting pile of ****e in the past few years.

I don't agree... I like that there's a few more teams giving the top lads a run for their money. Boring is the ****ty scotch league with two dominating forces and a bunch of school boy teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A bully needs a victim and a confident person who takes no **** is not a victim
    Sometimes a confident person who takes no **** can't see that they are in fact an overbearing bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Generally, young Irish people abroad are a ****ing disgrace to the country and no amount of ''we're Oirish, people love us for it'' will change that

The monetary system as we know it is currently failing. In 15 years time, barter and commodity based trading will be far more dominant than it is now. We havn't even began to see the horrible effects of the global recession which is going to get far far worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

RichieC wrote: »
    Downlinz wrote: »

I don't agree.. I like that there's a few more teams giving the top lads a run for their money.

Fulham certainly weren't one of those tonight. manchester united aren't even that good, yet theyve pwn'd that league for decades

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Sometimes a confident person who takes no **** can't see that they are in fact an overbearing bully.
    eh, no.
    If they were a confident person and giving someone sh*t then they're probably a bully. Not taking sh*t from people doesn't make you a bully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement