Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to Cheltenham....

• 21-02-2012 3:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

21 days and counting.... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Can't wait. I'm previewing the Thursday of the Festival that'll be published in college. Just did the Jewson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Can't wait. I'm previewing the Thursday of the Festival that'll be published in college. Just did the Jewson

If it's online when finished post it up Urban :D

Will do Colonel.

Don't think it's an online publication though. Just did the Pertemps there, focused on the top 8 or 9 in the market. Cert about 5 of them won't run, and the other 4 will be tailed off.
    I gave a fancy and a danger at the end of each preview too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ft9 wrote: »

Rubys body language when talking about Kauto wouldnt fill any of hes backers with too much confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ipitydafool

Rubys body language when talking about Kauto wouldnt fill any of hes backers with too much confidence.

Likewise about Al Ferof:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Suppose he is surley concerned about reports from the yard.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Suppose he is surley concerned about reports from the yard.

Probably more to do with the hype that the horse generates and the pressure they will be under, no harm and trying to play it down or at least attempt to.

The cough in Nicholls yard is a non issue really, Kauto and a few more of the big guns are housed seperately and there has been no issue with any of them.

Hobb's yard leading up to the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Will do Colonel.

Don't think it's an online publication though. Just did the Pertemps there, focused on the top 8 or 9 in the market. Cert about 5 of them won't run, and the other 4 will be tailed off.
    I gave a fancy and a danger at the end of each preview too.

Best of luck with it Urban. Definitely post it if your looking to share

19!!!

Cheers ste.

9 what the **** are you on about?

Cheers ste.

9 what the **** are you on about?

19 days left to this Cheltenhammy thing everyone seems so worked up about :p

Ah right. Think I heard of it before

Ah right. Think I heard of it before

tis no Thurles of a wet thursday but some of the lads around here seem to get a bit giddy about it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

18! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

convert wrote: »
    18! :D

Convert....for all your countdown skills, and Mod warnings.....try pick us a winner !!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭seoirsem

Anyone know when the races , the handicaps in particular, will be whittled down to a manageable number, some still have over 70 entries? Too many to trawl through yet, gonna concentrate on the Arkle to begin with..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Slattsy wrote: »
    Convert....for all your countdown skills, and Mod warnings.....try pick us a winner !!! ;)

You'd probably be asking for your money back... :p
    Will have to sit down and take a decent look at the entries before I make any selections - real life has been manic recently :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

seoirsem wrote: »
    Anyone know when the races , the handicaps in particular, will be whittled down to a manageable number, some still have over 70 entries? Too many to trawl through yet, gonna concentrate on the Arkle to begin with..

Weights will be confirmed next Wednesday so that should allow you to rule a good few out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

seoirsem wrote: »

I'm not looking beyond Sprinter Sacre for the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭seoirsem

I'm not looking beyond Sprinter Sacre for the Arkle.

Was very impressive last time out alright BUT will he get up the hill? He definitely didn't last year.. at 5/1 AL Ferof could be an each-way bet to nothing, he will definitely get up the hill. So much to take on board.. I LOVE CHELTENHAM!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Back On Topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

English horses with published marks will run off them. Bit of a question mark over the Irish horses marks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Back On Topic...

Classic! I know thy man from somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Have any of the bookies started offering NRNB yet?

Have any of the bookies started offering NRNB yet?

Bet365

• Advertisement

15 days. Longest 2 weeks ever ahead

Advertisement