Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mackerl or any sea fishing at howth head

• 23-07-2006 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Alrite folks hows it going. Im only starting out have a 10 foot rod mitchell reel & yeaterdy went out cats rock and devils rock in balscadden. What best way to use feathers? Whar best way to use ragworm & sandeel & how to keep them on? Anu good places to go an some tips would be great

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

lfc5 wrote:
    Alrite folks hows it going. Im only starting out have a 10 foot rod mitchell reel & yeaterdy went out cats rock and devils rock in balscadden. What best way to use feathers? Whar best way to use ragworm & sandeel & how to keep them on? Anu good places to go an some tips would be great

Cheers

Go to a tackle shop and get yourself some elastic thread, it's great stuff for keeping the likes of peeler crabs or sand eels on a hook.
    I'm new to the sea-fishing game myself so I dont want to offer advice on the rest of your post as I dont know yet.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

balscadden in howth is flying for mackeral at the moment
    bailey lighthouse in howth is better for bait fishing although dogfish is all thats been coming out of there recently
    dollymount beach at the mary statue is good in summer for bass and in spring and autumn there is huge catches of plaice and flounder
    dun laoraigh west peir is ok for big whiting on evening tides
    killiney beach is good on night tides only
    bray harbour from the pier is ok sometimes
    bray head is brilliant for wrasse but death is a possibility as there is a few serious cliffs to contend with
    graystones north beach is good in the day for mackeral and herring and is much better on a night tide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pkeeve

Does anyone know where i can did ragworm in Donegal?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pastle

hello everybody ive recently started sea fishing on the beach in tramore and i was wondering what baits i should use and what could i expect to catch around this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

well to start with you are in a great sea fishing area , for bait the best would be peeler crab, lugworm , sand eel ,ragworm , squid and macarel , at this time of the year you might have a chance of coalfish , flatfish (dabs place flounder, ),and if you are really lucky a sea bass
    have a look at this link for shore reports around the country
    http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewforum.php?f=3

fitz

• Advertisement
Advertisement