Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

tom Humphries

Options
  • 03-04-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

What ever happened Tom Humphries? Was he ever convicted or even charged of any wrong doing?

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/?aid=7412

The Sunday World featured the story back in 2011 I think. Did anything ever happen or is he still in psychiatric care?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I had forgotten about this. 2011? It probably hasn't gone to trial yet and could be delayed further if he is receiving psychiatric treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

What ever happened Tom Humphries? Was he ever convicted or even charged of any wrong doing?

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/?aid=7412

The Sunday World featured the story back in 2011 I think. Did anything ever happen or is he still in psychiatric care?

I might be wrong but I think I remember hearing that the case was quietly dropped a few months back, supposedly for the benefit of the victim. The media have been very quiet about him, which is odd...

Hopefully I am wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

A real shame, the man was massively talented and respected even if I didn't always agree with him.

If what I've heard is true though, it was an awful thing to have done and I hope I never hear of him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

DeanAustin wrote: »
    A real shame, the man was massively talented and respected even if I didn't always agree with him.

If what I've heard is true though, it was an awful thing to have done and I hope I never hear of him again.

Well I hope I do hear of him again, getting convicted and sentenced for statutory rape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Theres a sunday world article that mentions arrest and a file sent to the DPP, but theres no poxy date on the thing....

keano_afc wrote: »
    Well I hope I do hear of him again, getting convicted and sentenced for statutory rape.

Good point, well made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I might be wrong but I think I remember hearing that the case was quietly dropped a few months back, supposedly for the benefit of the victim. The media have been very quiet about him, which is odd...

Hopefully I am wrong though.

You are wrong, report has been sent to the dpp and charges are expected to be brought in the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

No such offence exists in Irish law

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No such offence exists in Irish law

Not in wording, no, but legislation is there for unlawful sexual contact with a minor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Good point, well made.

"Good point, well made"....? Fuck me. Either of you know the facts of the case? How do you know something actually happened? What proof do you have?

Nothing is what you have. So pipe down with that shite.

"Good point, well made"....? Fuck me. Either of you know the facts of the case? How do you know something actually happened? What proof do you have?

Nothing is what you have. So pipe down with that shite.

Love a good keyboard warrior I do.

Did you read what I wrote when I said "If what I've heard is true"?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Apparently he had a heart attack while at the mental institute, but afaik, he was arrested at the end of Sept, 29/30th I think and the file prepared then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

What a mess, 2 families destroyed by this. Such a talented writer but awful what he did to a young 'in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

tbh wrote: »
    You are wrong, report has been sent to the dpp and charges are expected to be brought in the next couple of days.

Glad to hear nobody above the law in this country, no matter what sport they're involved with.

The fact that the story never got much publicity is strange though.

anncoates wrote: »
    Glad to hear nobody above the law in this country, no matter what sport they're involved with.

The fact that the story never got much publicity is strange though.

if and/when he's actually charged there will be lots of stories in the papers. If they printed anything before that point they'd be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

glasso wrote: »
    if and/when he's actually charged there will be lots of stories in the papers. If they printed anything before that point they'd be in trouble.

I doubt there will. The courts will probably prohibit identification of him in order to protect the victim. It doesn't really matter that the dogs on the street know who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

We can't discuss ongoing court cases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement