Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever unfollow your own thread ?

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

You start a thread, it potters along for a while & then gets sidetracked into stuff you know nothing about, so unfollow it.

I've done it a couple of times..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I would'nt know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

Only when I'm trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Nah, I tattoo every reply onto my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I have every notification turned off from boards so there's no need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I don't think I've ever followed a thread on boards. Do people really find it that hard to just scan a page of thread titles and see the ones that interest them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

^ You're automatically subscribed to ones you start or respond to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Didn't expect to hear from you again OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

*unfollows thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

OU812 wrote: »
    Yeah would prefer if that was not the case. Anyway to change the email associated with the account. Would prefer to just see what has been updated when I log in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Let us know how long you last on this one OP...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yeah would prefer if that was not the case. Anyway to change the email associated with the account. Would prefer to just see what has been updated when I log in here.

You can unsub from all email alerts about new posts in your User CP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've never followed one of my own threads ... so, no, I wouldn't ever have UNfollowed one of my own, either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

OU812 wrote: »

Just checked my user cp and my followed thread and subscribed thread folders are both empty, maybe I hit a button somewhere at some stage to not keep that kind of stuff since I never use it anyway, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Once I was tempted to! I started a discussion on the politics board and it went way off topic and turned into a fairly heated debate. I never did unfollow it but I never posted in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

No, but sometimes - looking in the mirror - I can't give myself an erection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

LizT wrote: »
    You can unsub from all email alerts about new posts in your User CP.
    You sure can ... opening your email page to find hundreds of posts from boards.ie is like finding hundreds of menu slips from your local Chinese or Pizza parlour .

Advertisement