Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL IRISH - ROTE LEARNING

• 07-03-2012 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on just rote learning a
    -letter
    -story
    -Feelings/theme (P2 Q2b Q4b)

for Irish, will this be enough? With this and my attempt at the listening and reading comps do you think I can get a C (55%) and over?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Its what I'm doing! :-) I recommend getting ''An dTuigeann Tu Anois E'' for the Listening Comps... there brilliant! :D And Defiantly revise grammar.. it's key! Also a few bits of vocab is always handy to know just in case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Smart thing to do for sure but this is why the Irish education system for teaching languages in an absolute failure of the highest order.

They basically teach you to sit the exam and not teach Irish.

But yes, do the rote learning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

Rote learning may get you a good grade in the Junior Cert but for your overall development in Irish and looking forward to the Leaving Cert, it won't do you too many favors.

I'd recommend that you get a good vocabulary of words and phrases that you will be able to use in any questions asked. :)

Advertisement