Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nutri ninja or nutribullet 600w

• 27-12-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 39 gerry26

Hi
    I Would like to get one of these each costs around 100 quids. do you guys have any ideas which one is better than the other. i need it for green smoothies. because its very confusing to read the reviews both of them got good reviews in general. which one you would go if you have to buy one. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GladWrap

The Ninja and Bullet are all the rage down here too. Well, the ads are all the rage anyway. They make some very misleading claims.

Seriously? Save your money and buy a simple blender.
    A simple blender will make a great smoothie and cost you only a fraction of the price.

Because that's what the Ninja and Bullet are - they're blenders - only that they're all dressed up to make them look much hotter than they really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gerry26

Thanks Gladwrap for the advice. I know it's a bit of hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I just bought the revile juicer from Argos for 26 quid and it's great. Convenient for cleaning, my old blender was tough to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi did you buy on in the end I want one too.Went to get the Nutri Ninja in Currys today and there sold out.This got better review then the nutri bullet on most youtube sites.I have a blender but it doesn't make the veg as fine as id like.Might be gimmick but i'm a sucker for gadgets.Anyway let me know how you got on.:D

Hi ya, yes I did get the nutri ninja from curry after seeing the review s from the YouTube. I d say I love it. I made smoothie with frozen berries and banana I still can feel little seeds but overall the performance is good I love 900 w motor power. I got it for 99 euros. I saw good few left in limerick currys. Let me know if you need any further details.

• Advertisement

Cool I've ordered mine online cant wait to have a go with it

Good luck with your new baby

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

gerry26 wrote: »
    Hi ya, yes I did get the nutri ninja from curry after seeing the review s from the YouTube. I d say I love it. I made smoothie with frozen berries and banana I still can feel little seeds but overall the performance is good I love 900 w motor power. I got it for 99 euros. I saw good few left in limerick currys. Let me know if you need any further details.

If frozen berries are imported they need to be boiled first:

https://www.fsai.ie/faqs/berries_hepatitis_a.html

No berries for me so.I had a few veggy smoothie Kale,carrot,and Apple and cimmamon came straight back up so im giving them a break for a while.Think I was over doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Sorry to pull the thread off topic, but when are they going to sort out the frozen berry issue? Been going on for years at this stage! Surely all frozen berries should be taken off shelves and destroyed.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Sorry to pull the thread off topic, but when are they going to sort out the frozen berry issue? Been going on for years at this stage! Surely all frozen berries should be taken off shelves and destroyed.

Hi I was thinking of posting the same question. I have recently started having smoothie for breakfast. So it will be really helpful if anyone can share their opinion on frozen berries. Looking forward to hearing some tips here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

gerry26 wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing some tips here

You could try eating actual food instead of buying into the latest fad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Yeah - blenders are new alrite :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Are frozen berries not real food?? :confused:

Are frozen berries not real food?? :confused:

I said eat as opposed to drink

COH wrote: »
    Yeah - blenders are new alrite :rolleyes:

They aren't but the "nutribullet the super nutrition extractor" certainly is a fad

They aren't but the "nutribullet the super nutrition extractor" certainly is a fad
    I wont accept this as i now tried both kenwood and nutri ninja, i found nutri ninja does a better job than kenwood but still cant justify 100 euros for it. but bought it as i bring smoothie to work.
    it blends the greens no problem but still you can feel the berries seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

What's the issue with frozen berries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Batesy wrote: »
    What's the issue with frozen berries?

They're really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I bought a Nutri Ninja after debating it for a while. end of the day, it's just a really powerful blender, but it does work really well. I have a veggie shake in the morning, but I've also used it to purée soups (where it did a much better job than my Kenwood).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I bought a nutri ninja.

It's the extra power, 1000w in a small container that's the added bonus.

Blended up my cashew nuts into liquid basically. Zero lumps in my shake.

I'm gonna use it as an easy way to increase veg in my diet.

Cucumber, kale, rocket, kiwi, coconut milk and almonds.

Easy

I bought a nutri ninja.

Easy

Wow. Good decision. I bought the 900 w. Still great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I bought a nutri ninja.

Easy

Could you not just eat the cucumber, kale, rocket and kiwi, drink the coconut milk, eat the almonds?
    Save yourself €100 and buy a pair of runners instead?

longshanks wrote: »
    Could you not just eat the cucumber, kale, rocket and kiwi, drink the coconut milk, eat the almonds?

I could indeed.

And when I have a stir fry I could eat all the individualpieces separately. But I still mix them together. Flavours compliment each other ya know.

Also, variety is the spice of life.

Also, I find it easier to drink the veg than eat them so this way I personally get more veg.

Also, I have enough runners

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Someone clearly hasn't heard of soup, or maths. If a man has €100 and buys a pair of runners, will he still have €100 after the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Plates wrote: »
    Someone clearly hasn't heard of soup, or maths. If a man has €100 and buys a pair of runners, will he still have €100 after the transaction.

In your rush to be a smart arse you missed my point. They could save wasting money on a fad, instead putting the money towards something with a proven track record.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

In your rush to be a smart arse you missed my point. They could save wasting money on a fad, instead putting the money towards something with a proven track record.

Indeed. If you hadn't been in a rush to promote a particular lifestyle choice that you prefer you might have articulated your point more clearly.

And the interest in drinking fruit and vegetable juices is no more of a "fad" in January than running is. Although I do like the pun (even if it was accidental) - "track record", running. Very clever.

Adding more veg to my diet is such a fad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Why does anyone care if someone else buys a new "fad" blender? It's their own money they're spending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Fad blender makes its way to the back of the press and is never used.
    New runners look lovely under the bed. Never been more than a mile from home.

Both cost €100, who cares what you spend your money on as long as you get the use to justify the investment. Not much point buying a pair of new runners if your not going to exercise in them

Advertisement