Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I still cannot get over the concerts. I am just in awe... I can't even describe what I am feeling! I am delighted that I actually saw him twice in one week! And now I am feeling a bit down now that it is all over, and who knows when he'll be back here.

I wish he did a wee bit more press last week, the Ray Darcy interview is all I can find. I guess he would have been on the Late Late if it was on.

I'm the same way. Just in absolute awe at him and his and I'm still smiling. Also feeling down about it being all over too. I suppose it's easy to be like this. Usually there's months of anticipation and then the concert concert comes and goes and is over just like that and then you don't know when the next time it will be and how long it will be.

I'm delighted with the amount of press that he did. Or the lack of it. I don't want to ever see Buble whoring himself up to the media. I think it cheapens people a lot when they're splashed over celeb magazines trying to gain at

leahyl wrote: »
    They recorded one of the Aviva gigs - was that ever released on DVD?

There was a rumour of that alright but it never happened.

Buble only has one or two concert dvds and they're going back some years and have been filmed in America. I think those are:
    Caught in the Act, and
    Michael Buble meets MSG (madison square garden).

I wish the last tour was filmed and released on dvd for us to relive it again.

I hope a dvd comes out from this tour so that we can relive it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I genuinely believe he will be back within the next year... maybe wishful thinking..

We really have made a lasting impression on him, and I am glad he loved the O2!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I read online that Buble was the first musician to play a 5 night run at the o2 Dublin. That's some achievement. I'd say Bono wouldn't even be able to do that.

Ah come on...

The record must be a technicality, as I'm sure Garth Brooks sold out 8 in a row back when it was called The Point. Would have been more except they had to move on to other tour locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Actually Westlife performed at the Point/O2 for 13 consecutive nights in 2001 on their Where Dreams Come True Tour from 19March 2001 to 31 March, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Theatre

• Advertisement

I genuinely believe he will be back within the next year... maybe wishful thinking..

We really have made a lasting impression on him, and I am glad he loved the O2!

Have the same feeling that he'll be back again soon and he said so too on his radio interview. It's just a waiting game now at this stage.

Does anybody have the playlist of songs that he performed at the concerts. I'd like to create a new playlist on my ipod and match it as much as possible to what he performed in concert. I know there's a few bits from his concert that he doesn't have out on cd, that's ok.

Can anybody remember what song he was singing when he was raised up high on of the stage's keys? You see, I forgot how he came down - did he jump or was he lowered and I'd like to check it up on youtube.

I loved it on Saturday night during one of his early talkative pieces when he broke out singing Whigfields - Saturday night. It was so funny.

Can anybody remember what song he was singing when he was raised up high on of the stage's keys? You see, I forgot how he came down - did he jump or was he lowered and I'd like to check it up on youtube.

That was Cry Me a River - I uploaded a video of this on Youtube. The platform was lowered down (obviously with him still on it!) but you cannot see in my video as the lights had gone out.

I'm so tempted to send him some fan mail of a postcard from Ireland or something just to say thanks like. There's an address up on his website some where. I'd be mortified going into my local post office and saying something like 'Ah, Hello, Can I get a stamp to Canada for this' - just for whoever to turn around and see where it's going to - Michael Buble. Not that I'm embarassed loving him or anything. Just sending fanmail.

I'm like a teenager all over again with a silly crush, I tell you all.

That was Cry Me a River - I uploaded a video of this on Youtube. The platform was lowered down (obviously with him still on it!) but you cannot see in my video as the lights had gone out.

Cheers. Thank you. How are you feeling today? Hope you are doing a lot better from feeling a little down after him.

I have a Buble jigsaw at home. Bought it some time back from the online shop. I hope to make it again this weekend but I time I might glue the jigsaw and frame it.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Thank you. How are you feeling today? Hope you are doing a lot better from feeling a little down after him.

I have a Buble jigsaw at home. Bought it some time back from the online shop. I hope to make it again this weekend but I time I might glue the jigsaw and frame it.

I'm doing well, still devastated it's all over though! :D But sure we'll get through it!

I know I know, some people hate folks who take photos during concerts but I am one of them, as I am an amateur photographer. I got some amazing shots over the two nights I saw him and I just got them printed off on photo paper. They look amazing.

Also have a box full of the love heart confetti, don't really know what I'm going to do with it though - lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Does anybody have the playlist of songs that he performed at the concerts. I'd like to create a new playlist on my ipod and match it as much as possible to what he performed in concert. I know there's a few bits from his concert that he doesn't have out on cd, that's ok.

This is the link to his setlist for his London concerts, I presume it was the same for his 5 Irish concerts > http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/michael-buble/2013/o2-arena-london-england-6bd97ae6.html

ciaramc wrote: »
    This is the link to his setlist for his London concerts, I presume it was the same for his 5 Irish concerts > http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/michael-buble/2013/o2-arena-london-england-6bd97ae6.html

I always meant to thank you for this but never did but I am now. Cheers.

Any word yet on the baby that is due and on the mother to be. I googled and all I read was that Michael Buble had to cancel a show that he was due to play on last Friday but there's still no word on the new baby. Hope all is well for him.

Her due date is 20th August, and her and Michael were at a wedding at the weekend. Looks like she's hanging in there. I think the reason Michael cancelled that performance was because it was in New York. He doesn't want to be too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Her due date is 20th August, and her and Michael were at a wedding at the weekend. Looks like she's hanging in there. I think the reason Michael cancelled that performance was because it was in New York. He doesn't want to be too far away.

They had a boy Noah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Michael Buble fan here. Went to see him in the Aviva stadium in 2010 and the o2 in 2013. Can't believe it's been 6 years since the Aviva gig and 3 years since the gigs in the o2.

There's a new album coming out soon.

There is also a Michael Buble fragrance and a documentary coming out in the cinema at some stage. He's on Facebook promoting the documentary as a one night only thing. Must go and check up cinema listings and locations.

No word of a tour yet. Not that I know of anyways. I'm hoping there will be a world tour to accompany the new album. It's been way too long.

I loved the Michael Buble gigs I attended in the past. One song that stands out for me even to this day was at the o2 in 2013 where MB performed - Elvis Presley's - Burning Love. Wow, just wow. I'm also a fan of Nathan Carter and he adopted - Burning Love - into his playlist for gigs and does a great job of it I must say.

Michael Buble fan here. Went to see him in the Aviva stadium in 2010 and the o2 in 2013. Can't believe it's been 6 years since the Aviva gig and 3 years since the gigs in the o2.

There's a new album coming out soon.

There is also a Michael Buble fragrance and a documentary coming out in the cinema at some stage. He's on Facebook promoting the documentary as a one night only thing. Must go and check up cinema listings and locations.

No word of a tour yet. Not that I know of anyways. I'm hoping there will be a world tour to accompany the new album. It's been way too long.

I loved the Michael Buble gigs I attended in the past. One song that stands out for me even to this day was at the o2 in 2013 where MB performed - Elvis Presley's - Burning Love. Wow, just wow. I'm also a fan of Nathan Carter and he adopted - Burning Love - into his playlist for gigs and does a great job of it I must say.

How lovely to hear from a Buble fan god reading through this thread bringing back so many amazing memories. Was this really over 3 years ago now? :(

I did catch his Belfast show in December 2014 and again it was wonderful. Actually someone interviewed me for the upcoming documentary and I am just praying that I did not make the cut! (I'm so shy).

The documentary will be shown in Odeon in Belfast and a few Dublin cinemas, not sure about anywhere else. Hopefully see a few likeminded Buble fans there!

So yes hopefully when the new album comes out a tour will soon follow. I have no doubt that Michael will come back to Ireland. I mean, we are the greatest audience in the world ;)

Ah yes I loved his rendition of Burning Love. That whole section of the show was incredible.

How lovely to hear from a Buble fan god reading through this thread bringing back so many amazing memories. Was this really over 3 years ago now? :(

I did catch his Belfast show in December 2014 and again it was wonderful. Actually someone interviewed me for the upcoming documentary and I am just praying that I did not make the cut! (I'm so shy).

The documentary will be shown in Odeon in Belfast and a few Dublin cinemas, not sure about anywhere else. Hopefully see a few likeminded Buble fans there!

So yes hopefully when the new album comes out a tour will soon follow. I have no doubt that Michael will come back to Ireland. I mean, we are the greatest audience in the world ;)

Ah yes I loved his rendition of Burning Love. That whole section of the show was incredible.

Yep! 3 years ago in summer of 2013.

I wanted to go to the Belfast gig but I couldn't get a ticket at all. Wow! You were interviewed. I must try and get along to see the documentary.

That's right. Odean cinemas. I checked out the odean cinema site. There's not a lot of Odean cinema's in Ireland. I wish there was something in Dublin city. It appears to me it's all out from the city centre like in Blanchardstown. I'll have to check public transport times and I might be able to make it to Portloaise or Limerick. Sunday the 25th is mentioned on the Odean sites. It's such a pity it won't run for longer. I'm hoping it might come out on DVD at some stage.

Wouldn't it be great if Ireland is the first country on the next world tour. Doubt it will happen though.

Yep! 3 years ago in summer of 2013.

I wanted to go to the Belfast gig but I couldn't get a ticket at all. Wow! You were interviewed. I must try and get along to see the documentary.

That's right. Odean cinemas. I checked out the odean cinema site. There's not a lot of Odean cinema's in Ireland. I wish there was something in Dublin city. It appears to me it's all out from the city centre like in Blanchardstown. I'll have to check public transport times and I might be able to make it to Portloaise or Limerick. Sunday the 25th is mentioned on the Odean sites. It's such a pity it won't run for longer. I'm hoping it might come out on DVD at some stage.

Wouldn't it be great if Ireland is the first country on the next world tour. Doubt it will happen though.

It's on in Point Village Odeon! I'm in 2 minds whether to go there or to Belfast. Either is handy for me as I live in between :)

I am assuming that this documentary will be released along with the album? Or maybe I am completely wrong about that, but that is what I was told at the time! I had no idea it would be released in cinemas. It is a pity it is one day only. But I am definitely not going to miss it!

The Belfast gig was really good but let me tell you, it was nothing compared to Dublin. Completely different atmosphere. It was just before Christmas I suppose so maybe that has something to do with it. But it was full of rowdy, loud drunk women and it just didn't have the same respective, appreciative feel as the Dublin gigs.

So if he is coming back I do hope he does a few more nights in Dublin!

It's on in Point Village Odeon! I'm in 2 minds whether to go there or to Belfast. Either is handy for me as I live in between :)

I am assuming that this documentary will be released along with the album? Or maybe I am completely wrong about that, but that is what I was told at the time! I had no idea it would be released in cinemas. It is a pity it is one day only. But I am definitely not going to miss it!

The Belfast gig was really good but let me tell you, it was nothing compared to Dublin. Completely different atmosphere. It was just before Christmas I suppose so maybe that has something to do with it. But it was full of rowdy, loud drunk women and it just didn't have the same respective, appreciative feel as the Dublin gigs.

I never knew where the point village was. I presumed it would be miles away from the city centre. Reading your reply here and it just clicked with me. The previous name of the o2 - The Point. I checked on Google maps. So I'm delighted. I'm not from Dublin you see. It's easier for me to get to and from Dublin all the same. I'm delighted. It looks very likely now I'll be able to get to see this in the cinema. I'll check back online on the odeon site about booking a ticket in advance.

• Advertisement

I think maybe the album is due out in October. A week or two before Halloween. I could be wrong about this.

There's two new songs up in YouTube already from the album. Like 'Nobody But Me' and
    'My Kind Of Girl'

I'm liking them so far with 'Nobody But Me' being my favourite of the two. Edited to add: I adore the old style jazz he's fitted into his song 'My Kind Of Girl' and ithe song is growing in me.

I never knew where the point village was. I presumed it would be miles away from the city centre. Reading your reply here and it just clicked with me. The previous name of the o2 - The Point. I checked on Google maps. So I'm delighted. I'm not from Dublin you see. It's easier for me to get to and from Dublin all the same. I'm delighted. It looks very likely now I'll be able to get to see this in the cinema. I'll check back online on the odeon site about booking a ticket in advance.

Yay! So pleased. Maybe I'll see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id rather sh!t in my hands and clap than go see that tosser.

Advertisement