Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

hi happyday, welcome! I sometimes like to track in advance for weeks I know I might struggle or need that extra boost, like TOM or the week before holidays!
    I just sit down on a sunday, plan out every bite for the week and then do my shopping only buying what i need for those, I try to leave 3/4 pp spare a day to cover "emergencies". I find the temptation to snack (especially around 4pm in work) much easier to resist if I know I'm going home to have a nice dinner, with some dessert (usually jelly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

happyday wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new here really. I did use an old thread of yours for a while and now I'm back for more support. I don't really have the hang of boards.ie so bear with me if I break any rules!

I'm going to WW for years and years and although I have reached my goal weight a few times, I'm about 10 lbs above it now and really struggling to get back there.

Every day I start off well, pointing my breakfast and having fruit for my mid morning snack (usually). Lunch can be ok too but usually I loose it mid afternoon, stop pointing and say 'ah I'll do better tomorrow'. But its an ongoing cycle.

Any help to break this and get back to my old excellent willpower would be great. Do we loose willpower as we get older? Is it like loosing our hair???

Help me please!

Think Dottie Lottie is right, i think the secret to sucess is planning 'fail to plan and plan to fail' as they stay, write down your meals for the week in advance is a great idea.

Im am annoyed with myself, got to the 10 stone bracket for the first time in a long long time last Thursday, and you'd think that would spur you on but no have been very bold since just eating without thinking have two days to make up for it now. Going to try and go for a long run this evening and track track track. fingers crossed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

happyday wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new here really. I did use an old thread of yours for a while and now I'm back for more support. I don't really have the hang of boards.ie so bear with me if I break any rules!

I'm going to WW for years and years and although I have reached my goal weight a few times, I'm about 10 lbs above it now and really struggling to get back there.

Every day I start off well, pointing my breakfast and having fruit for my mid morning snack (usually). Lunch can be ok too but usually I loose it mid afternoon, stop pointing and say 'ah I'll do better tomorrow'. But its an ongoing cycle.

Any help to break this and get back to my old excellent willpower would be great. Do we loose willpower as we get older? Is it like loosing our hair???

Help me please!

U have just quoted my story goal is 10,4 got to 9,9 last year I'm now 10,9 and flipping out with holidays coming up in 4 weeks I really need help

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this morn, down 2 and have now gone frm 28 to 27 dailies (eeek)....I should b very happy as I exercised feck loads n alotho I wasn't overly stricy with myself, I don't think I went over my weeklies really!! But there's a little niggle in my head that's not believing it fully, after all my strugglin whn I started back 2 good loses in a row seem to good 2 be true!! I'll be bac to my regular WI pm WI next week and I know I'll b up due to the timing of it!!
    Now don't get me wrong I'm still happy, don't feel lighter and I'm not noticing it yet, but I stil know its the right direction!!!

I'm going for afternoon tea with a friend @ two, got a voucher a few months ago off one of those deals sites....mayb not such a good idea now!! Only had fruit for my brekkie so I'm going with my full days allowence and hopefully I'll b fairly full so jus a light dinner will do me! I walked into,around and home from town afta WI so worked up a few pp there aswel!! Getin hungry 4 it now tho!! Cnt wait!!!
    *note to self, try avoid the dollops of fresh cream!!!;)*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks guys! Planning every meal for the week sounds a bit daunting but I might work up to it. I do plan family dinners for the week before I shop so that's a start.

I had my WI today and I was the same as last week which is ok cos I thought I'd be up. I spoke to a very inspiring member who is 2 lbs away from loosing 5 st in the last year! She's so positive. Gave me a few suggestions for breakfasts and going on hols etc.

I'm going to keep to 29 points for today and see how I go. A walk this evening too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Danii86 wrote: »
    I'm going for afternoon tea with a friend @ two, got a voucher a few months ago off one of those deals sites....mayb not such a good idea now!! Only had fruit for my brekkie so I'm going with my full days allowence and hopefully I'll b fairly full so jus a light dinner will do me! I walked into,around and home from town afta WI so worked up a few pp there aswel!! Getin hungry 4 it now tho!! Cnt wait!!!
    *note to self, try avoid the dollops of fresh cream!!!;)*

so afternoon tea was scrummy....but..... as we finished it off and i was looking at all the crumbs myself and my friend decided to work out the pp.....it came to 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

so its veggy veggy veggy dinner for me tonight!!! i am still full tho so wont be eating for a bit, will try go for another walk later too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Danii86 wrote: »
    I use an app called ultimate vaule diary and that calculated my daily pp when I set it up, I can't get bac to recalculate others pp because its set up 4 me, I find it a better app than the iwatcher that I was using before, it has a very comprehensive online database of foods and their pp as well as both a food and activity calcuator.

Thanks for the tip.

I installed the app on my phone and recomended it to a couple more people. Great app.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Well that was a miracle, I only gained 1.5 over my 2 week holiday?! Still can't quite believe it. On another note I've lost motivation to continue being 'good' since I got back, all I wanna do is binge and enjoy what ever I want... I've never been this bad before... Anyone have any advice...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Taz1 wrote: »
    Well that was a miracle, I only gained 1.5 over my 2 week holiday?! Still can't quite believe it. On another note I've lost motivation to continue being 'good' since I got back, all I wanna do is binge and enjoy what ever I want... I've never been this bad before... Anyone have any advice...?

My story might help motivate you! I went on holidays back in May and only put on half lb when I got back after a week of eating ****e and non stop drinking. Like you I was so bad when I got home and as a result my half lb turned to a STONE :mad: I'm fuming with myself but I'm still struggling to get back on track. My advice is try and exercise as much as possible as it will limit the damage the food is doing. That was my big downfall. Try and be as good as possible with food but don't let one slip up turn the whole week bad.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My story might help motivate you! I went on holidays back in May and only put on half lb when I got back after a week of eating ****e and non stop drinking. Like you I was so bad when I got home and as a result my half lb turned to a STONE :mad: I'm fuming with myself but I'm still struggling to get back on track. My advice is try and exercise as much as possible as it will limit the damage the food is doing. That was my big downfall. Try and be as good as possible with food but don't let one slip up turn the whole week bad.

Thanks for that EabhaBear, thats exactly what I fear is going to happen.. I got back from holidays feeling 'ah sure I know I've already put on weight, not much I can do now'... So I said I'd wait til WI last night to see the damage and start again today, and I've been good so far but I'm finding it extremely difficult! I'm goin on hols again next week (I know, lucky me!) so I wanna try lose that 1.5 that I gained if I can... Really wish I was back in the right frame of mind as I was doing so well and feeling great... And I was really close to goal too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lost 2lbs this week. In a state of shock. I knew I'd been good but I'd eaten out 3times and had a dinner in with my friends too so I could have been way underestimating my pp. seems like I'm getting good at judging things. Or it's a fluke week.

Might put it all back on at knockanstockan but gonna do my best not too!!

Thanks for that EabhaBear, thats exactly what I fear is going to happen.. I got back from holidays feeling 'ah sure I know I've already put on weight, not much I can do now'... So I said I'd wait til WI last night to see the damage and start again today, and I've been good so far but I'm finding it extremely difficult! I'm goin on hols again next week (I know, lucky me!) so I wanna try lose that 1.5 that I gained if I can... Really wish I was back in the right frame of mind as I was doing so well and feeling great... And I was really close to goal too.

You're situation is exactly the same as mine because I went to Newcastle for a few days a week after my holiday. Try and be as good as possible before you go away and when you get back go to your WI. It's easy to say ah I'll wait to next week and that was my biggest regret. I'm going away again the end of August and I certainly won't have the same confidence to wear a bikini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Hi all
    After posting once, I ended up just reading the odd post. Anyway, my first week weigh in last week and I was 4lbs down - I was do delighted , I ate rings around myself. Dreading the weigh in tomorrow. Always nice to hear from folk who let themselves go for a week or so but then go back to 'being good'.

In other news, I came across a euro shop in the Omni park (Santry) that does lots of the WW treats for €1.49. Bargain !

Thanks for keeping this thread going folks - it really helps :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You're situation is exactly the same as mine because I went to Newcastle for a few days a week after my holiday. Try and be as good as possible before you go away and when you get back go to your WI. It's easy to say ah I'll wait to next week and that was my biggest regret. I'm going away again the end of August and I certainly won't have the same confidence to wear a bikini.

Thats such a pity Eabhabear, I can empathise with u completely, it so easily happens... But you've faced up to it and you're trying to get back on track and thats all u can do! I was sooooo close to not going to my meeting this week, never in million dreams did I think I'd ever feel like that. But I knew it would be the only way to get myself back on track, to face up to reality and try move on. So today was day 1 of my new week and it went well, I caved and had 4pp worth of chocolate earlier in the day (that I'd normally save til the evening) and was tempted to still have my evening treat but managed to scould myself and had some weetabix with loads of Candarell to curb the sweet craving instead.. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be just as okay...

I dont want a gain this week as I am off to knockenstocken on friday and 3 days camping at a festival is almost a guaranteed gain. Anyone any ideas on how to deal with this and keep damage limited?

Not gonna lie, festivals are quite tricky to cope with. I'm just back from a 6 day (camped 5 nights) music festival in spain and I have to say it was hard to be good, not impossible, but hard. Now that was also to do with the crowd I was with who opted for food options like buying rolls/ham/cheese crisps etc from the supermarket for lunch/dinner most days and split them between themselves.. And there was ALOT of drinking done, we drank every day but where they drank during the day at the beach I tried to limit my drinks to the evening/night, and at that I stuck to a low pp vodka and diet mixer (in contrast to their sugar-filled juice/alcohol mixes). I did bring quite a lot of cereal/ww bars which I found good to tide me over for a bit in the mornings and stocked up on fruit as much as I could. As with all festivals there was a tonne of food stalls, most of which were the usual burgers/hot dogs etc but the 2 nights I did get the alcohol munchies I stuck to not as bad options like thai and mexican, bad but not as bad! I wasn't up half as much as I thought I'd be on return but the hour-long walk to the town/beach and back every day in the blistering heat probably helped! Dunno if that was any help, but anyway best of luck, and don't forget to enjoy yourself more than anything!

I'm looking for my motivation back too! So if you get any magic answers I'll be delighted.

Well done on keeping the weight gain so low!

Not gonna lie, festivals are quite tricky to cope with. I'm just back from a 6 day (camped 5 nights) music festival in spain and I have to say it was hard to be good, not impossible, but hard. Now that was also to do with the crowd I was with who opted for food options like buying rolls/ham/cheese crisps etc from the supermarket for lunch/dinner most days and split them between themselves.. And there was ALOT of drinking done, we drank every day but where they drank during the day at the beach I tried to limit my drinks to the evening/night, and at that I stuck to a low pp vodka and diet mixer (in contrast to their sugar-filled juice/alcohol mixes). I did bring quite a lot of cereal/ww bars which I found good to tide me over for a bit in the mornings and stocked up on fruit as much as I could. As with all festivals there was a tonne of food stalls, most of which were the usual burgers/hot dogs etc but the 2 nights I did get the alcohol munchies I stuck to not as bad options like thai and mexican, bad but not as bad! I wasn't up half as much as I thought I'd be on return but the hour-long walk to the town/beach and back every day in the blistering heat probably helped! Dunno if that was any help, but anyway best of luck, and don't forget to enjoy yourself more than anything!

Yeh I am really worried. I am expecting to be up but I dont want to lose the run of myself completely. Going to stick to vodka and only drink in the evenings. Im not a big drinker anymore. As I get older my hangovers get worse and I just get turned off spending all the pp on alcohol. I'll still have my fair share this weekend but hopefully I'll be good. Its a failry small festival so hoping there will be a few healthy option stands for food and I can avoid the chips. Also going to fill up on some cereal bars and fruit that i can bring with me during the day. Also going to dance my socks off to burn as many calories as I can :-)

Am 2.5lbs off my 3rd stone so I dont want to get too far off that. If i keep it in mind through the weekend hopefully it will discourage me from the junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hi all,

Last week after WI on Tuesday, I don't know how it happened, but I decided to have a 'Fat Week'. I ate all around me. Pizza, Chocolate, Crisps, Take Aways. Looking back and thinking about the amount I ate actually horrifies me. I wasn't even hungry.

The only exercise I did was the Fingal 10k on Sunday morning and last Wednesday I ran from Ballsbridge to Swords (15k). I was happy I managed both but I would usually exercise every day.

Anyway I got my first STS yesterday at WI. I am happy with that as I definitely deserved to be up 2lbs. I have 10 more WIs until my big holiday in the states and I would love to lose another stone but I find it so hard to be motivated at the weekends when all the other weeks I am eating and drinking and still losing weight (usually only 0.5lb). I would love a week with a big number loss so I am trying to be very strict this week but I am going to Wexford at the weekend and I know there is no way I will be able to stick to my points.

Sorry for the rant, I just am kind of confused about what I want right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi folks...

Chickened out of WI last week and not able to go tonight, so you all have to make sure I go next week. My scales at home as me floating between 10st flat and 10st 2lb so im stayin on the wagon....

Going camping this weekend with the kids and the OH, going to make some good choices. got some shoppin in for it, chicken breasts,bacon, my lovely mallon sausages that I really couldn't live without.. pasta and my WW beans and spagetti, going to pick up veggies closer to leaving. Got a few of those cheap disposable BBQs so at least I will be grilling everything..... :)

We are going to do smores (how ever you spell that) Saw a "recipe" on tv the other day.... take one marshmallow on the skewer and cook it on the flame, take one small piece of dark chocolate and squish the whole lot between two small crackers... tried them the other night and are a total treat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I STS at this mornings WI. Was happy enough with that, as have been away for the last couple of days. The week gone by I was quite neglectful of my tracker, so that's my project for the coming week. I've planned out my meals for the next few days, so I'm slowly but surely clambering g back up on the wagon. It might sound silly, but I feel like my last couple of weeks were like ww holidays, and I feel as though I've it out of my system now, and I'm ready to knuckle down again.
    Here's to a good week! Good luck folks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Anyone know the PP in jelly?

Bought the lemon and strawberry ones today in the supermarket and have them chilling in moulds in the fridge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Anyone know the PP in jelly?

Bought the lemon and strawberry ones today in the supermarket and have them chilling in moulds in the fridge now.

If they are sugarfree, they are 0PP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Monife wrote: »
    If they are sugarfree, they are 0PP :)

Thanks for the reply :)

However its not sugar free (just checked there!), it's the Chivers Jelly. The one that you make with half a pint of boiling water and half a pint of cold water?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :)

However its not sugar free (just checked there!), it's the Chivers Jelly. The one that you make with half a pint of boiling water and half a pint of cold water?

Found the NI on tesco.ie and pointed as 2PP, if it is made as the instructions describe it to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down half a pound tonight. I was away for a long weekend and had loads of drink, a couple of breakfast fries and two dinners out. I tried to make up for it by being extra good for the rest of the week and getting in loads of exercise every day. It's paid off!

Elliex wrote: »
    For those of u who have done/are doing 30 day.....do you do it everyday or mix it with other exercises??

JM did a podcast where she recommended you do 2 days then a cardio day andd take a rest day if you felt you needed it. I would say do it as many days as time and your body allows. Then add in some form of cardio when possible. I personally do it as many days as my time allows and on days I have more time I add some cardio workouts.

Thats such a pity Eabhabear, I can empathise with u completely, it so easily happens... But you've faced up to it and you're trying to get back on track and thats all u can do! I was sooooo close to not going to my meeting this week, never in million dreams did I think I'd ever feel like that. But I knew it would be the only way to get myself back on track, to face up to reality and try move on. So today was day 1 of my new week and it went well, I caved and had 4pp worth of chocolate earlier in the day (that I'd normally save til the evening) and was tempted to still have my evening treat but managed to scould myself and had some weetabix with loads of Candarell to curb the sweet craving instead.. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be just as okay...

Thanks Taz. I'm feeling much better and today was the first time in a long while that I did a proper healthy shop and did my exercise :) I wasn't perfect today but much better than I have been. You did well with the chocolate. I'm the same as you I try to keep my treat to the evening or else I'll just end up binging. I hope my situation will help anyone going away, go to your WI when you get back. The worse thing you can do is say I'll try and lose the holiday weight before I go back or a few more days of not tracking won't kill me!

Question -

how many propoints in a medium pork chop? Is it the same as a pork escalope that they mention in the little purple pocket guide - 5 pp. That seems high.

how many propoints in a slice of black pudding? Can't see that anywhere.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

I havent been on in a while. I bought a WW scales online for €30 as I was only going to the meetings to get weighed and then leaving as it was during my lunchbreak. The first day I stood on it, I was nervous as I had missed a meeting. To my surprise, I was 12 on the button. 11.5 pounds down overall and 4 since my last meeting despite not really trying very hard. My friend came over at the weekend and I asked her to weigh herself to see if the scales was right. She did (all 9.4stone of her!) and she said it was right so whoop! I hope to get into the 11s this week.

So breakfast- what do you all eat? I have porridge in winter and have been having smoothies for the last few months but I fancy a change like museli, fruit and fibre or something. Any recommendations? Something yummy, filling and low pp. Do I ask too much?

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all

I havent been on in a while. I bought a WW scales online for €30 as I was only going to the meetings to get weighed and then leaving as it was during my lunchbreak. The first day I stood on it, I was nervous as I had missed a meeting. To my surprise, I was 12 on the button. 11.5 pounds down overall and 4 since my last meeting despite not really trying very hard. My friend came over at the weekend and I asked her to weigh herself to see if the scales was right. She did (all 9.4stone of her!) and she said it was right so whoop! I hope to get into the 11s this week.

So breakfast- what do you all eat? I have porridge in winter and have been having smoothies for the last few months but I fancy a change like museli, fruit and fibre or something. Any recommendations? Something yummy, filling and low pp. Do I ask too much?

I usually have some of the nature valley cereal bars - 5pp and a cup of tea and some fruit. Didnt think they would keep me full but it really does keep me going better than any 30g of cereal did. Keep forgetting to buy them so have been having yoghurt rice cakes and fruit this week and they arent as filling and still 4pp. Its 11 and im starting to get a bit peckish already....

At the weekend if im up in time for breakfast then its eggs all the way - either poached or fried in so spray oil and with a ww roll.

Advertisement