Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How feasible is it to do honours Irish in 1 year?

• 26-10-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm currently in liberal arts and was considering taking the year out and repeating my leaving cert Irish exam only at higher level. I got a B3 in ordinary level and I might aswell be honest and say that I never put a single ounce of work into Irish - ever. Its also worth mentioning that I've been in ordinary level since 2nd year.
    People I've asked said it'd be one subject, it wouldn't be easy but it should be feasible to get a C3 with a bit of hard work. In terms of how i'd repeat my school said I could sit in on both 5th and 6th year classes and my teacher said she'd help me out with stuff any free class she had. I'd also get maybe one grind a week from a woman I know in the Gaeltacht.
    Even if I got the C3 what I want to know is would I struggle with the Irish involved in the actual primary teaching course itself? The course itself seems attractive as there are a lot more hours than arts, it seems more practical and I like the idea of having class groups who you get to know very well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Definitely be feasible to get the c3 in honours irish..Make sure it is something you definately want to do first so you have goal in sight.Like everything, its the hard work you put in yourself.I know a few people who have done it already; leaving cert irish. On the B.Ed course, it takes work too but no harm getting grinds throughout course to help you
    along as and when needed. It is an extremely intensive course so I would advise think carefully first to make sure it is for you.

Advertisement