Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

game of the week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder what console format he'll be picking a game for...
    Playstation?
    CD32?
    Atari Jaguar???

I think you should select the Atari jag and review AvP...or even better Cybermorph.:eek:

I'm out of here.............Teleports as blood starts to boil...........

Let me set the scene............me in ship orbiting asteroid....Ciderman inside hollow cave in the asteroid eating an apple....shouting into his phone......ALPAHAEAGLEEE......ALPAHAEAGLE......... ( name the movie...easyone, will it won't trek you much.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I think you should select the Atari jag and review AvP...or even better Cybermorph.:eek:

I'm out of here.............Teleports as blood starts to boil...........

Let me set the scene............me in ship orbiting asteroid....Ciderman inside hollow cave in the asteroid eating an apple....shouting into his phone......ALPAHAEAGLEEE......ALPAHAEAGLE......... ( name the movie...easyone )

Hello Dolly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds a bit like Wrath of Khan to me...
    Although Alpha and Eagle are more reminiscent of Space 1999 tbh, Moonbase Alpha and the ships were known as Eagles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Geez, I'm the one that plays dungeons and dragons and even I feel out nerded here.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like Wrath of Khan to me...
    Although Alpha and Eagle are more reminiscent of Space 1999 tbh, Moonbase Alpha and the ships were known as Eagles.

CORRECT>>>>>>the Wrath of Khan....you have also found out my fav show...........Got ot love them Eagles....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ppppft. Iron Soldiers where its at
    sad-numb.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Erm, Iron Soldier?
    It's what Steel Battalion reckons it smells when it steps in a turd!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Into the randomiser goes:

batari, Retr0gamer, DinoRex, sera, ghostchant, o1s1n, Paperwork, gymman39, luasdublin, vangoz, owaynott, KeithGeo, ciderman, OwaynOTT, brianon

And out pops:

(drum roll)

Retr0gamer

Woo!

Honest, no favouritism was involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer,Retr0gamer

And out pops:

(drum roll)

Retr0gamer

Woo!

Honest, no favouritism was involved!

FYP!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Hmm... so this weeks GOTW will be either Halo, something involving hats or....

DICK TRACY FOR THE C64! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Pyongyang wrote: »
    something involving hats
    that's if Dinorex got it

Once its not Gunstar feckin Heroes!

I would have picked Gunstar Heroes but it would have been a very short review:

Gunstar Heroes

6/10

Ah, I would have given it one more, 11/10, just to give it's excellence that one little extra push.

Now excuse me, I seem to have mislaid my cucumber...

Into the Randomiser goes:

batari, DinoRex, sera, ghostchant, o1s1n, Paperwork, gymman39, luasdublin, vangoz, owaynott, KeithGeo, ciderman, OwaynOTT, brianon

And out comes:

Retrogamer

Wow I'm so lucky, I wasn't even in the list, what are the chances of that happening?

Seriously:

Uh-oh, going to get given out to for favouritism here

Sera

Just to prove I'm not cheating:

184528.png

I was thinking about since it start and I still dunno :/ will have to think over the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shenanigans afoot in Balbriggan!!!

Random me hole :P

Give me a copy of donkey kong country returns before next friday and i'll 'randomise' you for game of the week ;)

Shenanigans afoot in Balbriggan!!!

Random me hole :P
    it's true, I gave him a bag of truffles as a bribe
    th_tumblr_lts5noNsAL1qg12e8.gif?t=1321405955

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh... sure... if you're going to separate the names using commas...

Next thing you know there'll be gay weddings in Game of the Week...

• Advertisement

Retr0 just reminded me that I didn't do anything, so that was a Christmas hiatus :pac:
    he says I'm banned as well
    iaintevenmad.jpg

Even after all my hard work fixing it :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even after all my hard work fixing it :P
    oh-he-mad.jpg?t=1323982636

Running this now n case I forget tomorrow, hope its not another no show :P

batari, DinoRex, ghostchant, o1s1n, Paperwork, gymman39, luasdublin, vangoz, owaynott, KeithGeo, ciderman, OwaynOTT, brianon

And out pops:

ghostchant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Just ran things through the old randomiser there now and this week we have:

gymman39

lala.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sera wrote: »
    lala.png

Metal Slug

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh ****! Only saw this now :)

Don't know what to pick now. Metal Slug is a bit too obvious :p

Custer's Revenge?

• Advertisement

Into the randomiser:

batari, DinoRex, ghostchant, Paperwork, luasdublin, vangoz, owaynott, KeithGeo, ciderman, OwaynOTT, brianon

Out pops:

Ciderdude

Couldn't have been timed better considering the day!

Advertisement