Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DT101 Architecture Queries/Questions

Options
  • 22-12-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey I am a student wishing to attend the Architecture course in DIT in 2014 and have some small questions I would really appreciate an answer to;
    - I have seen in some other threads that the marks for the Interview/Portfolio (out of 100) and the Aptitude Test (out of 100) count toward the CAO Points requirements, is this true? For example last year the min. points were 520, does that mean with a perfect score in both the Interview and Aptitude you could get in with 320 points?
    - I have a genuine interest in architecture and really want to become one in the future, will they see that passion and mark me for it in the Interview?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

Yes, if you ace both the test and interview you will automatically receive 200 points added to what ever points you get in the leaving cert.
    so if you got 320 you really have 520 points(200 points included) although they wont say that on the leaving result it will only say 320, the results of the interview and test will be posted to you about 3 weeks after you have done the interview and the test (before you start the leaving cert)

also you will not get an appointment for the interview if you dont get... I think 60% or more? on the test

goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Thanks buddy :) They changed it this year I think so you get to do the interview and test regardless of results in the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

Yea the DIT Mark is out of 800 to put it simply, 57 was the cut off in the test 7/8 years ago... Which is the Mark a hell of a lot seemed to get!

A word of warning is all, marks in architecture are basically out of 70... Not 100 (basically A grades never happen) so 120ish would be a standard enough test / interview score.
    Id also expect points to rise if the test cut off has been removed as it took out a lot of applicants

Alright thanks. I'm very hopeful anyway, my aptitude+interest in architecture is quite high :) And I should be able to get 500+ points in the LC based on previous test scores etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

My interview was sooo bad XDDD but I just in anyways dont worry about it much I have a feeling point might go down again this year

• Advertisement

Hope so haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 richter

Anyone interested in architecture in ul? They have a portfolio just like dit. Im stuck between the 2

Advertisement