Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Amanda_Babes

Hello All :), I need HL DEB Chemistry, Economics, Art History and Biology Papers. I need them as soon as possible, please help!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Are ye actually only doing your mocks now? That's disgraceful on behalf of your school tbh.

Our school is the only school outside of Ireland that does ILC's as well as mocks, Were doing our mocks now due to the recent events in our country, Libya.
    If you have any of those papers i would really appreciate it.

You can do the lc in Libya? WHAT?! That is crazy, haha! If you search this thread there's a spreadsheet that has all the mock spoilers! Just type 'spreadsheet' into the search bar for this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Didn't think the standard of the LC was high enough for other countries to be taking it on tbh o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Namlub wrote: »
    Didn't think the standard of the LC was high enough for other countries to be taking it on tbh o_O

The standard of the L.C. is on par with other countries, although Project Maths is a step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Heh another poster from Lybia asked me for mock papers in PM about a week ago. Crazy stuff :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The standard of the L.C. is on par with other countries, although Project Maths is a step backwards.

Wouldn't seem like there's as much rote learning in something like A-levels for one, don't know really.

And I got that PM as well >_>

Out of curiosity, are the Libyan exam papers exactly the same as the Irish papers? Cause like a lot of questions are often based on Irish society!

Ya exact same, I know some questions are, but were used to it.

• Advertisement

Ya exact same, I know some questions are, but were used to it.

That's cool, I'm still finding it hard to believe though! :p
    Anyway here's the spreadsheet with all the mock spoilers :)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0

Haha, ya it is kind of odd, thanks for the spreadsheet, but the DEB economics HL isn't very detailed. :(
    It's tommorow and if any one could help me out they'd be a life saver.

Haha, ya it is kind of odd, thanks for the spreadsheet, but the DEB economics HL isn't very detailed. :(
    It's tommorow and if any one could help me out they'd be a life saver.

I don't do Economics, sorry! Ask PictureFrame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Britney chopyk

[Sort questions were about rocks , survey map , deposition / erosion , subduction zones.
    Long questions
    Core:
    Q1
    A- Survey map
    B-Structures of deformation
    C-Karst landscape
    Q2
    A-River processes
    B-Landform development
    C-Human interaction
    Q3
    A-Plate tectonics
    B-Weathering
    C-Human interaction
    Regional
    Q4
    A-Map skills
    B-Urban regions
    C-Population distribution
    Q5
    A-Irish wood processing sector
    B-Agr in Ireland
    C-European Union
    Q6
    A-Greek sovereign debt
    B-Secondary economic activities ( 2 european regions )
    C-Concept of a region
    Electives
    Q7
    A-Environment impact
    B-Developed economics
    C-European Union
    Q8
    A-Aerial photograph
    B-Multinational companies
    C-Conflicts of interest
    Q9
    A-Human Index
    B-Survey map
    C-Developing economics
    Q10
    A-Aerial photograph
    B-Population characteristics
    C-Dynamics of settlements
    Q11
    A-Urban housing
    B-Overpopulation
    C-Migration
    POILER]
    [/SPOILER]

1.Question about trace elements in the human diet. A couple of other foody questions. Another question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency.
    2.Ecology easy stuff.
    3.Weird propogation question I can't remember completely, didn't do it.
    4.Photosynthesis
    5.Respiration
    6.Alveoli

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment.
    2. Effect of temperature on enzyme.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an aegar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium? I can't remember experiment name.

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.
    2. Homeostasis, amoeba, something else (kidney maybe?)
    3.Genetic crosses and DNA stuff.
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria, mitosis, tissue.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, Human Reproduction willy diagram and other stuff, heart heart diagram and heartbeat.
    6. Plant reproduction. Genetic engineering.

Additionally, more info on specific things-
    Know everything there is to know on the brain E.G. The areas.
    DNA - Rna and biomolecules
    Kidneys - Where and what hormone is secreted
    Bacteria - Know the growth phases.
    Protista ( Ameoba ) - Draw and label 3 areas ( excluding contractile vacuole )
    Heart - Label it and show where the blood flows. Also explain heartbeat.
    Ecology - You must know food pyramid , the limitations of it. Competition and is competition fiercer in same-species.
    Pollination- Cross + self pollination. Go over in detail , I ignored this.
    Neurons - Sensory , direction or impulse , also learn another system other than CNS a neuron is in. Also a disease e.g. Parkinsons- also a treatment e.g. electricity shock I believe.
    Lungs - Alveoli ( 3 adaptations - One cell thick, surrounded by capillaries ) Know the diagram you will have to label three parts.
    Propagation - Know and adapted stem and root and an example of each and the definitions.
    Reproduction - Know the diagram of a penis , where semial fluid is formed , a few others , and a sterile condition and its cause.

Walshy93 wrote: »
    If anyone is on this now would they mind to PM me the HL GEOGRAPHY DEB SHORT QUESTIONS out of good deed? :) it would be much appreciated :D
    Short questions were about rocks , survey map , deposition / erosion , subduction zones.
    Long questions
    Core:
    Q1
    A- Survey map
    B-Structures of deformation
    C-Karst landscape
    Q2
    A-River processes
    B-Landform development
    C-Human interaction
    Q3
    A-Plate tectonics
    B-Weathering
    C-Human interaction
    Regional
    Q4
    A-Map skills
    B-Urban regions
    C-Population distribution
    Q5
    A-Irish wood processing sector
    B-Agr in Ireland
    C-European Union
    Q6
    A-Greek sovereign debt
    B-Secondary economic activities ( 2 european regions )
    C-Concept of a region
    Electives
    Q7
    A-Environment impact
    B-Developed economics
    C-European Union
    Q8
    A-Aerial photograph
    B-Multinational companies
    C-Conflicts of interest
    Q9
    A-Human Index
    B-Survey map
    C-Developing economics
    Q10
    A-Aerial photograph
    B-Population characteristics
    C-Dynamics of settlements
    Q11
    A-Urban housing
    B-Overpopulation
    C-Migration
    Q12
    A-Population pyramids
    B-Survey map
    C-Urban problems
    --Geoecology - Biome question

Geoecology - How climate effects a biome of you've studied.
    Global Interdependance - MNC's

Section I: english paper 2
    E. HAMLET (60 marks)
    (i) "While Hamlet is not perfect, he still deserves the admiration and sympathy of the audience."
    Write a response to this view of the character of Hamlet, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

OR

(ii) "Deception is a fundamental theme of the play, Hamlet."
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

Section II:
    A. THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    1. "An author's presentation of a text's general vision and viewpoint can often shape a reader's response to the text."
    Write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint in at least two texts you have studied in your comparitive course shaped your response to the texts. (70 marks)

OR

2. "The key moments of a text can serve to bring the general vision and viewpoint to the immediate attention of a reader."
    (a) Show how this statement applied to any one of the texts you have studied in your comparitive course. (30 marks)
    (b) Compare the way in which key moments in two other texts on your comparitive course brought the general vision and viewpoint of these texts to your attention. (40 marks)

Section III:
    A. UNSEEN POEM (First Lesson by Phyllis McGinley)
    (a) What, in your view, is the central message of this poem? Refer to the text in your answer. (10 marks)
    (b) Choose a line or phrase from the poem that particularly appealed to you. Explain your choice. (10 marks)

OR

2. Write a personal response to this peom, highlighting aspects of it that you liked and/or disliked. (20 marks)

B. PRESCRIBED POETRY
    1. Sylvia Plath
    "Sylvia Plath's poetry is full of her deep doubts and fears which she reveals with startling honesty."
    Do you agree with this assessment of her poetry? Write a response, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.

2. Philip Larkin
    "Philip Larkin's poetry, though rich in imagery and symbolism, deals with ordinary events in language close to everyday speech."
    Give your response to the poetry of Philip Larkin in the light of this statement. Support your answer with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

3. Seamus Heaney
    "Heaney can bring everyday natural events before our eyes through the precision of his language and his innovative use of imagery."
    Write your response to this statement, supporting the points you make with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

4. Thomas Kinsella
    "Kinsella's poetry explores serious issues in a fresh, interesting style."
    To what extent do you agree with this assessment of his poetry? Support your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.

Section I: english paper 2
    E. HAMLET (60 marks)
    (i) "While Hamlet is not perfect, he still deserves the admiration and sympathy of the audience."
    Write a response to this view of the character of Hamlet, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

OR

(ii) "Deception is a fundamental theme of the play, Hamlet."
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

Section II:
    A. THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    1. "An author's presentation of a text's general vision and viewpoint can often shape a reader's response to the text."
    Write an essay comparing how the presentation of the general vision and viewpoint in at least two texts you have studied in your comparitive course shaped your response to the texts. (70 marks)

OR

2. "The key moments of a text can serve to bring the general vision and viewpoint to the immediate attention of a reader."
    (a) Show how this statement applied to any one of the texts you have studied in your comparitive course. (30 marks)
    (b) Compare the way in which key moments in two other texts on your comparitive course brought the general vision and viewpoint of these texts to your attention. (40 marks)

Section III:
    A. UNSEEN POEM (First Lesson by Phyllis McGinley)
    (a) What, in your view, is the central message of this poem? Refer to the text in your answer. (10 marks)
    (b) Choose a line or phrase from the poem that particularly appealed to you. Explain your choice. (10 marks)

OR

2. Write a personal response to this peom, highlighting aspects of it that you liked and/or disliked. (20 marks)

B. PRESCRIBED POETRY
    1. Sylvia Plath
    "Sylvia Plath's poetry is full of her deep doubts and fears which she reveals with startling honesty."
    Do you agree with this assessment of her poetry? Write a response, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.

2. Philip Larkin
    "Philip Larkin's poetry, though rich in imagery and symbolism, deals with ordinary events in language close to everyday speech."
    Give your response to the poetry of Philip Larkin in the light of this statement. Support your answer with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

3. Seamus Heaney
    "Heaney can bring everyday natural events before our eyes through the precision of his language and his innovative use of imagery."
    Write your response to this statement, supporting the points you make with suitable reference to the poetry on your course.

4. Thomas Kinsella
    "Kinsella's poetry explores serious issues in a fresh, interesting style."
    To what extent do you agree with this assessment of his poetry? Support your answer with suitable reference to the poems on your course.
    history deb anyone my exam is really soon pm if u u have it plzzz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

history deb anyone my exam is really soon pm if u u have it plzzz

You're still doing mocks?

Section A was about young children working in spain. The short comprehensions were about camping and student exchanges

Section B was about technology. The opinion questions were 1.Technology makes life a lot easier. 2. Something about how people don't know what its like to live without technology

Section C. The dialogue construction i thought was really hard. There was a lot of food in it. The diary entry was about going back to work in Malaga for summer

Also)

Section A: Comprehension on child workers, two short comprehensions, one about cucumbers and the other about the Erasmus programme.

Section B: Comprehension about taking breaks from technology, Opinions were "Las tecnologías hace la vida más facíl" and something about how people are never disconnected these days.

Dialogue construction about being in Spain, very wide variety of topics discussed, know how to say prawns, omelette, meatballs, wind surfing.

Diary entry about being in Malaga and having a job, how you find the job, what the costumers are like, why you like Malaga.

• Advertisement

Section 1. BIOLOGY HIGHER
    1.question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency. Food - Protein simple structure - Cellulose - 1 trace element in human diet - understand C6(h12)o6
    2.Ecology easy stuff. Abiotic/Biotic/Edaphic Factors 1 example of each + definition - Learn a 4 bar food pyramid - 1 Limitationt of i
    4.Photosynthesis Where does light enter - Where is it absorbed what does ATP stand for?
    5.Respiration How does ATP Trap And Release Energy" - Distuingish between Catabolic and Anabolic reactions
    6.Alveoli Diagram of bronchus/aleviolo identify 3 things on it - know about diffusion and how gases transfer 3 adaptations

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment. Eukariotic what it means + name 1 other organism in Fungi. how did you dispose of it.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an agar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium?

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.Ecology along with competition/pollution definition you need to know Quantitive and Qualitive surverys and how you carried out such a survey rest is on docs.
    2. Homeostasis definition, amoeba, Kidneys - Learn about picitural glands or however you spell it - where its secreted/how it acts/ effects of increased amounts of the hormone
    3.Genetics question is LlGg x LlGg multiply out and you get 16 different phenotypes and question is done. Part c inclues more specific stuff on DNA and RNA
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria growth curve, mitosis, tissue - tissue culture, example of tissue in plant and animal etc.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, male reproductive system - know where seminal fluid is made and what happens in the testes and a sterile condition and its cause. , heart heart diagram and how heartbeat is controlled.

DEBgirl wrote: »
    Will somebody please let us know what is on HL DEB Biology, would be unreal!!
    Section 1. BIOLOGY HIGHER
    1.question about a fat soluable vitamin and deficiency. Food - Protein simple structure - Cellulose - 1 trace element in human diet - understand C6(h12)o6
    2.Ecology easy stuff. Abiotic/Biotic/Edaphic Factors 1 example of each + definition - Learn a 4 bar food pyramid - 1 Limitationt of i
    4.Photosynthesis Where does light enter - Where is it absorbed what does ATP stand for?
    5.Respiration How does ATP Trap And Release Energy" - Distuingish between Catabolic and Anabolic reactions
    6.Alveoli Diagram of bronchus/aleviolo identify 3 things on it - know about diffusion and how gases transfer 3 adaptations

Section 2
    1. Investigation of growth of leaf yeast on agar plate experiment. Eukariotic what it means + name 1 other organism in Fungi. how did you dispose of it.
    3. The one where you put seeds on an agar plate and see if they've started digesting the nutrient medium?

Section 3
    1.Ecology easy enough stuff. I'd learn the carbon cycle if I were you.Ecology along with competition/pollution definition you need to know Quantitive and Qualitive surverys and how you carried out such a survey rest is on docs.
    2. Homeostasis definition, amoeba, Kidneys - Learn about picitural glands or however you spell it - where its secreted/how it acts/ effects of increased amounts of the hormone
    3.Genetics question is LlGg x LlGg multiply out and you get 16 different phenotypes and question is done. Part c inclues more specific stuff on DNA and RNA
    4.Part a b c answer 2: Bacteria growth curve, mitosis, tissue - tissue culture, example of tissue in plant and animal etc.
    5.Part a b c answer 2: Brain/Sensory Neuron, male reproductive system - know where seminal fluid is made and what happens in the testes and a sterile condition and its cause. , heart heart diagram and how heartbeat is controlled.

Lisaosull wrote: »
    Anyone know whats on the French DEB Ordinary level paper? ill swap for any other subject

note- write to leo tell him you have to the beach because it was so sunny
    you have taken you're french books with you because you have a test tomorrow you will be home at 6 o'clock

Message/note - You're staying with your pen pal in France. Say that your friend Francais came to your house this evening. Say he was not able to go swimming with you because he had to work.
    Diary entry - Say you have just returned from an exchange in Paris. Say you are happy to be back home with your friends and family. Say you had a great time in Paris and spoke lots of French. Say you want to go to the cinema tomorrow evening to see a French film.

The comprehensions were easy enough to understand. For certain answers, you need to understand ''les parents doivent prendre rapidement contact avec l'enseignant des enfants'' that is one of the answers.. it means ''parents should make early contact with the children's teacher'' and it is one of the answers you have to write in english.. can't remember much of the other answers

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT YET DONE THE MOCKS

Stop mailing me asking for spoilers, I have my own leaving cert to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 didi8

hi, i really really really need the qns for my geography exam higher level (DEB HL) please if anyone has got the actual qns please email me at <email address snipped> ... thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pattttyy

13spanner wrote: »
    I have Ag. Science DEB papers here in front of me. PM if anyone's interested :)
    send em on to me..what are they exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

pattttyy wrote: »
    send em on to me..what are they exactly?

lovely, bump a thread about the mocks after the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Guys do you know what's coming up in the HL DEB English???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    Guys do you know what's coming up in the HL DEB English???? :confused:
    Plath and Heaney
    are guaranteed to come up, no matter what mock it is, even if your teacher makes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Togepi wrote: »
    Plath and Heaney
    are guaranteed to come up, no matter what mock it is, even if your teacher makes it.

OH I reckon they'll come up for the LC. :cool:
    Good that you spoilered it, I'm going to use it to my advantage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement