Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online Poker Domain Seizure

• 15-04-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a heads up there are news reports that several online poker sites have been sized by the US attorney general. The domains are apparently PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker.

They are freezing bank accounts too. You may want to withdraw any cash now from these sites before their domains stop working as the new dns propagates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Commiserations to anybody who works in PocketKings (full tilt poker)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Fook, this is big news.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

withdraw.jpg

GTFO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

A real gut shot by the feds, just recently legislation was looking like it was making progress, stars were in discussions with Wynns designed to push for legislation.

I expect maybe one or two might survive this but they can kiss the US market goodbye (likely to be on a permanent basis) and operations would be heavily scaled down, the gravy train has officially derailed.

They are making an example here so to send a shock through the industry which which should ensure all other sites cease US activity in the coming days.

Interestingly I just contacted another network accepting US players and they remain adamant that they will continue to do business in the US, though I don't think that stance is going to last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 delgo_84

My Fulltilt software hasnt been working since this morning. I'm prompted to download a software update which fails to download.
    Anyone know if Fulltilt has been taken offline because of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Short term this is going to send a wave of American players to a few other sites. Cake, Merge and Bodog. It could be good for Cake as they looked to be going under. (A boost for Bruce Poker too).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

delgo_84 wrote: »
    My Fulltilt software hasnt been working since this morning. I'm prompted to download a software update which fails to download.

business as usual for non us players
    Statement from Full Tilt Poker Regarding Recent Check Withdrawal Issues

In light of recent events involving the freezing of certain accounts, Full Tilt Poker would like to assure all players that their funds remain safe and secure. Processing of both deposit and withdrawal requests is proceeding as normal and is still available to all of our players.

All players who were affected by the current situation have had their funds returned to their accounts and all new withdrawal requests are processing normally. We assure all players on Full Tilt Poker that your online playing experience will not change and that you will be able to both deposit and withdraw funds as needed. Your money remains safe, secure and accessible at all times.

Full Tilt Poker remains committed to the protection of our players’ security and legal rights, and will continue to provide the best and safest online poker room available worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

keep trying i got it after a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Same here. The fulltiltpoker.co.uk site is fine, so I went there and downloaded the update. Works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 delgo_84

Working now. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

but but, USA has de freedomz?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

IngazZagni wrote: »
    but but, USA has de freedomz?

lol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got this in an email today.

Dear *****

As you may have heard, due to recent developments in the USA, we had to make changes to our website address. We have moved the PokerStars website to www.pokerstars.eu. Our Support email address has also moved to support@pokerstars.eu.

These developments do not have any impact on your ability to play real money games and tourneys on PokerStars - it is business as usual for all players outside the USA. Sit & Go's, Multi-Table Tourneys and cash ring games at all stakes and limit types are running normally. You can rest assured that player balances are safe.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at support@pokerstars.eu. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy playing our games! We thank you for choosing PokerStars.

The PokerStars Team
    Find the Poker Star in you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

nothing normal about logging in this morning for first time in 2 weeks and seeing 70,000 players online, think used to see about 270,000 online. All GTD tournies slashed. What poker site is now the worlds biggest?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Stars is still the biggest. Stars and Tilt are also getting their websites back in return for banning US players. They're still under indictment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Samba wrote: »
    A real gut shot by the feds, just recently legislation was looking like it was making progress, stars were in discussions with Wynns designed to push for legislation.

I expect maybe one or two might survive this but they can kiss the US market goodbye (likely to be on a permanent basis) and operations would be heavily scaled down, the gravy train has officially derailed.

They are making an example here so to send a shock through the industry which which should ensure all other sites cease US activity in the coming days.

Interestingly I just contacted another network accepting US players and they remain adamant that they will continue to do business in the US, though I don't think that stance is going to last long.

Just as I suspected, looks like pokerstars will be the last man standing with the certain demise of Cereus and FTP on the cards.

http://www.egrmagazine.com/news/1673787/breaking-news-alderney-suspends-full-tiltsoperating-licence.thtml

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Can people still log on to FTP ? I was never promted an update. And on the FTP.co.uk site, it says it is under maintenance.

Also, I have withdrew money from FTP onto my moneybookers on the 28th of this month. Will that money be frozen or would it be on the way to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Can people still log on to FTP ? I was never promted an update. And on the FTP.co.uk site, it says it is under maintenance.

Also, I have withdrew money from FTP onto my moneybookers on the 28th of this month. Will that money be frozen or would it be on the way to me?

I cannot log into the FTP. The site is lying.

If it isn't already in MB then it's unlikely you'll get your money until this is sorted out, if ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement