Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was in the square in Tallaght again today and popped into extradeal. Picked up a brand new PS1 dualshock for 99c. They still have a few PS2 games and also they had GBA games. PS2 are all 99c but are ex rental and GBA are 1.99. Quite a few copies of metroid fusion and they also had a sealed Pokémon red rescue team. Didn't pick that up because I already have a boxed copy and it's not a great game anways :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Any more dualshocks?

And are the Metroid Fusions new? Sounds like a retro spot... Never out in Tallaght though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Didn't spot any but they change the stock a lot so they may have them again. No idea on the metriods. Didn't have any boxed ones just loose and a few with manuals so i'd assume not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's much better than Toejam and Earl 2. T&E 2 is a platformer while the first game is something very weird. The closest thing to it are rogue-like games. It's loads of fun though especially in split screen and the visuals are hilarious.

Really? I always enjoyed Toejam 2. I thought it was a nice weird little platformer. It also boasted some very impressive graphics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought Super Parodius for the Snes on fleabay, happy days!
    Worked out at about €14 all together, happy with that tbh.

Also, not quite the same but have a lovely Nes and GBC emu working on my HTC Desire, very good they are too!
    And am about to pop in a Megadrive, Snes and GBA emu as well, fingers crossed.
    The more buttons there are the less it works, as they use mostly virtual controls on the screen, not so hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Was in the square in Tallaght again today and popped into extradeal. Picked up a brand new PS1 dualshock for 99c. They still have a few PS2 games and also they had GBA games. PS2 are all 99c but are ex rental and GBA are 1.99. Quite a few copies of metroid fusion and they also had a sealed Pokémon red rescue team. Didn't pick that up because I already have a boxed copy and it's not a great game anways :P

Do they have many gba games?
    many as in worth a 40minute drive?

I got one of those pink gbas in GAME the other day and my girlfriend has taken a shine to it but isn't interested in playing only the final fantasy and pokemon games that i have :)

Nothing really stand-out afair. I'm only 10/15 mins away so I can have a check again in Sunday. It's not worth a 40 min drive though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Nothing really stand-out afair. I'm only 10/15 mins away so I can have a check again in Sunday. It's not worth a 40 min drive though :P

I'll leave it out so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

CDH wrote: »
    Just got Rez and Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the Ps2 for £8
    Bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Suikoden 2, but not exactly getting something new. Rather finding somethng I had but forgot. Found in the back of my music cd cupboard, which is not often opened these days due to the fact I mostly use mp songs now.

Is this game worth anything? CD is in good but hardly mint condition, and case is not too bad.

EDIT, seems to fetch fairly good price on Ebay and Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

justbrian wrote: »
    Suikoden 2, but not exactly getting something new. Rather finding somethng I had but forgot. Found in the back of my music cd cupboard, which is not often opened these days due to the fact I mostly use mp songs now.

Is this game worth anything? CD is in good but hardly mint condition, and case is not too bad.

EDIT, seems to fetch fairly good price on Ebay and Amazon.

It's not worth anything. I suppose I could take it off your hands...

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's not worth anything. I suppose I could take it off your hands...

You can take it for 100 euro hehe. No just kidding it's not for sale just wondering it's worth that was all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm sure it's worth a few bob, but it's what it's worth to you. That's more important than anything else.

Augmerson wrote: »
    I'm sure it's worth a few bob, but it's what it's worth to you. That's more important than anything else.

It's priceless to me as I love that game, and thought I had lost my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Picked his up today it's a big pcb good laugh

2a243865.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up Resident Evil 5 for the PS3, it's the "Gold Edition", like a Game of the Year editon it contains all the DLC for the game, and got it for only 15 in Gamestop, not too bad!
    And I have the GBA stuff running on my HTC Desire, so I can play Drill Dozer now to my hearts content!

Just some pics of some of the stuff I've gotten over the past week.

PS1 controller + Dreamcast VMU from luas_dublin:

SDC10637.jpg

Brand new GBA SP:

SDC10636.jpg

And today, probably the best of all:

SDC10638.jpg

SDC10639.jpg

A boxed Atari 2600 Jr. + those 6 games. Massive thanks to atariman for that :D

Also got a really cool Pokémon gashpon from Japan, courtesy of buzzthebatgirl on the Pokémon forum when she was on her honeymoon there. She probably won't see this but on the off chance she does, thanks! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All you need now are the paddles and warlords!

As for suikoden 2, it's a keeper. It goes for about 150-200 dollars but the PAL version can go for even more. It just happens to be the best JRPG on the PS1 so hang on to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All you need now are the paddles and warlords!

As for suikoden 2, it's a keeper. It goes for about 150-200 dollars but the PAL version can go for even more. It just happens to be the best JRPG on the PS1 so hang on to it!

suikoden 2 best jrpg on ps1? meh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Woo! Just got the best named game ever from Ebay:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

I should be getting Devil Summoner 2 (with plushie) and SMT: Nocturne soon so will post a picture when I've got all the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei games.

Better than FFVII :P

• Advertisement

This from somebody who still thinks FF7 is a classic. Suikoden 2 wipes the floor with it, then wipes it's ass with ff7.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Grandia 2 today!

Great game but I prefer the first one. Ps2 of Dreamcast, the DC version looks way nicer, the PS2 has some nasty texture problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

It is the PS2 version.

Have one eye on a cheap Grandia 1 on the PS1 and intended to play both games through one after the other

They aren't connected in any way but they are damn good games. Probably the best JRPG battle system ever devised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some more items from ebay:

dynamiteheaddy.jpg

gynoug.jpg

spyrofront.jpg

spyroback.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my Trio Linker Plus II adapter today. Converts gamecube/dreamcast/playstation pads to USB. And they can all work simultaniously.

Got it mainly to use my Dreamcast stick with MAME/other emulators, but it would be interesting for some three player brawler action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Dynamite duke arrived today, Had to do some clean up on it, took some pictures

Before

DSCN2189.jpg
    DSCN2190.jpg
    DSCN2191.jpg

After some warm water and cilit bang :D

DSCN2193.jpg
    DSCN2194.jpg
    DSCN2198.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg
    DSCN2204.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent clean up job. Turned out really nice.

• Advertisement

Just got Pokémon Box in the post today and oh my god it's mint! As in so mint, all it's missing is it being sealed. And the guy also threw in a memory card, even though he said it didn't come with it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement