Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due September 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Glad you got it sorted and best of luck with your pregnancy ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

13 weeks and I am already huge !!!!!!!!! Finding work and 11 month old tough going at the minute :(

LH2013 wrote: »
    13 weeks and I am already huge !!!!!!!!! Finding work and 11 month old tough going at the minute :(

I'm only 11 & 1 and I'm huge already too. Can't imagine how you coping with work.

I'm off with post natal depression and between morning sickness and running round after the 3 girls I'm in bed by 8 most nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

You have it tough :( I hope you are getting some time to mind yourself as well !

Have my first scan tomorrow excited and nervous in equal measure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm 12 weeks today and you wouldn't even know I was pregnant. I can feel firmness and a slight bump but nothing noticeable.

Have my booking appointment in the Pearse St clinic on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to that. I've had two private scans already and I'm tempted to get another, as I won't be scanned until 21 weeks in the hospital.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I'm 12 weeks today and you wouldn't even know I was pregnant. I can feel firmness and a slight bump but nothing noticeable.

Have my booking appointment in the Pearse St clinic on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to that. I've had two private scans already and I'm tempted to get another, as I won't be scanned until 21 weeks in the hospital.

12 weeks today too! Had a private scan today all looks good with baby so delighted.

I have my booking in appointment on Wednesday in one of the satellite clinics!

We're do you go for your scans PandaPoo?

Kaylami wrote: »
    12 weeks today too! Had a private scan today all looks good with baby so delighted.

I have my booking in appointment on Wednesday in one of the satellite clinics!

We're do you go for your scans PandaPoo?

We went to ultrasound dimensions I'm Blackrock, and the ultrasound Suite in Bray. Our hospital scan isn't until May, ages away!

Yeah my hospital scan isn't until 6th May! It seems like a lifetime away!

I went to ultrasound suite in bray found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

12 weeks today - FINALLY!! :-) I'm in for my scan (I hope) in Holles St on Wednesday - cant wait to see the little one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thought I would join this thread now that I am 14 weeks and comfortable posting about my pregnancy. Expecting my first baby and very excited! :)

So far, pregnancy has been rough for me!

I started having mild morning sickness on the day I turned 6 weeks pregnant. For a while, I just vomited every morning but this gradually increased and peaked between weeks 8 and 9. I began throwing up absolutely everything I ate and drank. During week 9 I was hospitalised for dehydration and treated with IV fluids.

Sickness continued. By week 12, I was 20 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and I wasn't overweight by any means to begin with. My doctor became concerned so I started to take Zofran, a medication to stop nausea and vomiting.

Zofran was my miracle pill for about three days! I was able to eat whatever I wanted, didn't feel sick at all but it has a common side effect of constipation. I was not able to go at all for days. Now I just have to try find the perfect balance between a small enough dose of Zofran so as not to become constipated but large enough to keep me from being sick.

Along with all of this, I found out that I had a UTI at my first pre-natal appointment at 8 weeks and had to take an antibiotic for that.

Overall though so happy to be expecting and have already seen my little baby twice. :)

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Its my first too+ i have been lucky enough not to be sick so i have no words of wisdom. All i can say is big congratulations + take care of yourself.

No words of wisdom here novella number 4 for me and still sick as a dog! 12 weeks and 4 days. Really hoping it eases soon.

Have my first antenatal appointment tomorrow excited about that but no scan until 22 weeks.

Feels good to be able to tell people as I already have a big bump! No 3 is only 7 months so nothing was back where it should have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missielyn

Hi Ladies
    Decided to join the thread , I am 14wks and 4 days so due early September. Its my first pregnancy. I had my first midwife appointment yesterday and she did a doppler so i was finally able to hear a heartbeat - now it feels real!!!
    I'm so excited.
    I was a bit miffed to learn that under holles street you don't get an ultrasound until 20 wks - my booking is actually at 23wks. i think its far too long a wait. I was thinking of booking a private scan in either blackrock or bray - i see a few of you have already done this. If i go to blackrock it will cost €125 and Bray is €140 because i am over 14 weeks - does anyone recommend one over the other?
    Also does anyone have any tips for constipation?? I am in bits with it. I've tried reducing my iron intake, upping fibre, drinking prune juice and loads of water. I can still only manage to very painfully only go once a week - sorry if thats all too much information!!!

missielyn wrote: »
    Hi Ladies
    Decided to join the thread , I am 14wks and 4 days so due early September. Its my first pregnancy. I had my first midwife appointment yesterday and she did a doppler so i was finally able to hear a heartbeat - now it feels real!!!
    I'm so excited.
    I was a bit miffed to learn that under holles street you don't get an ultrasound until 20 wks - my booking is actually at 23wks. i think its far too long a wait. I was thinking of booking a private scan in either blackrock or bray - i see a few of you have already done this. If i go to blackrock it will cost €125 and Bray is €140 because i am over 14 weeks - does anyone recommend one over the other?
    Also does anyone have any tips for constipation?? I am in bits with it. I've tried reducing my iron intake, upping fibre, drinking prune juice and loads of water. I can still only manage to very painfully only go once a week - sorry if thats all too much information!!!

Welcome such a exciting time!

I went to bray and found them excellent! Have you had a scan yet at all?

I was miffed too on my previous 3 I was in a different hospital and got scanned at nearly every appointment.

I'm in holles street too but going to a satellite clinic.

I found it took 1 lt of pure orange juice (stuff with bits) to get me going again. The pain was unreal!

My Dr suggested coke as well if you normally don't take caffeine it can work. Some people it just leaves then worse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My midwife recommended two kiwis a day for constipation. It's not an instant fix but does seem help keep things regular. A good water intake helps too. I tried prune juice once last time and it made me vomit!

missielyn wrote: »
    Hi Ladies
    I'm so excited.

Bray, 100%. I've done both in the last few weeks and there is absolutely no comparison. In bray you get a little gift pack with a nappy,cream etc, along with a USB stick with a video of the baby! In Blackrock I got one photo and had to ask for another, the one she was giving was crap and she didn't care. Blackrock was rushed and bray was very relaxed and personal.

The only tip I've been given for constipation was to drink lukewarm water!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missielyn

Thanks so much ladies, it's great to hear from people in the know. I've booked a scan in bray for tomorrow, I'm so excited!!
    Might try the coke or orange juice trick.

Hi all,

Had my 2nd appointment in Holles Street (12 weeks) - 1st was at 9 weeks.

I'm a public patient & I was scanned both times. Both the nurse & doc I met each time were really friendly & understanding - I didnt even ask for scans. Is it just random? Looking at other posts & threads, the 20 week one is the only one you can be sure of.

Baby was doing somersaults & kicking away the whole time - it was amazing to see! Its 5.8cm which she said was good & all is looking well. I am still on a high after seeing it - cant stop looking at the pics :)

I'm vit D deficient & need to take supplements but I think its to do with having MS (could be why I'm getting the scans too). Hope it doesnt cause any problems.

Wow Leo girl, I'm holles street too and only get one scan at 22 weeks!

That's a great size for the baby already!

I'm attending a satellite clinic so no scanner at appointments!

• Advertisement

Wow Leo girl, I'm holles street too and only get one scan at 22 weeks!

That's a great size for the baby already!

I'm attending a satellite clinic so no scanner at appointments!

I assumed after getting one at 9 weeks, they wouldnt do one yesterday but it was the 1st thing she did. Its probably cause of the MS & I was told I was low in Vit D so might be checking baby size. I did mention that I got a bit of a fright a week or 2 ago when all my (very few) symptoms disappeared & I just felt totally normal again. My GP said to tell them. She might have done a scan just to be on safe side. Its terrible that they leave people for so long without a scan - they have the machines, they know how much it puts a woman at ease. When you see the baby bouncing around in there - you can relax a bit knowing its live & kicking so to speak. Everyone should be given it at 12 weeks.

She said 5.8 cms was normal - I really hope so. Himself is huge so I'm dreading having a monster of a baby!! I was told yesterday I might not be able to get an epidural so talk of bigger babies is a bit scary! :eek:

For what it's worth my first was 6 lb 4 and 3rd was 8 lb 13 oz. No comparison the bigger was was much easier labour. With a c section in between.

My bean was measuring 3.8cm at our 12 week scan!

For what it's worth my first was 6 lb 4 and 3rd was 8 lb 13 oz. No comparison the bigger was was much easier labour. With a c section in between.

My bean was measuring 3.8cm at our 12 week scan!

I've heard that before too - my brother was 10lb 9 and Mum always said he was easiest (just a long fecker!). She did have an epidural though :-)

Has anyone bought the home dopplers? I got the angel sounds one, might try it out later! Its probably too soon though.

They advise not too use until 14 weeks as if you can't find the hb some people (me included) freak out!

But if you have had a scan give it a go.

I listen every night, not the type to freak out if I don't hear it though.

How many weeks are you PandaPoo?

Do you find it easy to find the hb?

How many weeks are you PandaPoo?

Do you find it easy to find the hb?

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow, found the heartbeat at 11 weeks. I know where it is now so can find it after a few seconds, whereas before I would try for 5 minutes and give up. So many other sounds going on down there, whooshing, my own heartbeat in a few places. Once you find the baby's it's obvious, it's so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've been feeling a lot better this week. I didn't really believe people when they said that the second trimester would be better because I couldn't imagine that kind of sickness going away so suddenly but I feel almost like my normal self now. :)

Novella I envy you. I feel worse if anything. 13 weeks yesterday.

• Advertisement

I don't feel right but it's hard to explain. A mix of being tired, crampy and grumpy u guess. Glad you feel better Novella, you've had it bad!

Advertisement