Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due September 2015

• 27-12-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Just found out I am expecting baby # 2 around the 5 th of September :)
    Thought I would start off the thread ....... Feeling great so far :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hi! I found out just before Christmas and am due on 1st sept! Delighted you started the thread! This is baby number 3 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Hi Dublinlady :) wow number 3 :):) exciting and scary ;) how are you feeling ?!

LH2013 wrote: »
    Hi Dublinlady :) wow number 3 :):) exciting and scary ;) how are you feeling ?!

Tired and nauseous!!! Other than that good!! Thought I would have gotten further than 4&1/2 weeks before nausea started...!
    I'm super excited though even if it all feels a bit surreal! I just wish I could fast forward the next month or two until I can tell my family and friends! I hate secrets!

Me too !!! I really want to tell everyone ! Nausea kicked in this morning bleugh ! I am worried about telling work already :( I am only just back 12 weeks from my last maternity leave and have started on a new team :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Congrats girls. I took 4 positive tests over the course of yesterday and today. Going to see GP later. Just wondering what is the done thing. Do I bring my partner in with me or does he wait outside?
    I still can't believe it as I have no symptoms

• Advertisement

Congrats girls. I took 4 positive tests over the course of yesterday and today. Going to see GP later. Just wondering what is the done thing. Do I bring my partner in with me or does he wait outside?
    I still can't believe it as I have no symptoms

You can bring him in but there's not much point! She will prob just ask you for a urine sample (she may not even need this!) check you blood pressure and discuss which hospital you want to attend. Don't worry about a lack of symptoms - it can take a few weeks for them to kick in!
    Congrats :) it's an exciting time!
    I'm trying to forget about it in a way now cos it's such a long wait before can tell anyone! I'm just 5 weeks today!

Thanks dublinlady. I'm really excited now. The doc reckons 4 weeks but I'll have to get an early pregnancy scan to date it. I have pcos and wasn't getting periods regularly so I can't date it from my last period

Congrats IrishGirl :) exciting times ! That reminds must make doctors Appointment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi girls, just popping over from the August thread. I will probaly be straddling the two as I am due at the very end of Aug going by the docs dates but I think I ovulated a little later which adds another few days on, plus with it being my first I imagine there is a fairly high chance this little one could be a Sept baby! So by the looks of it we are all mere days apart in dates.

Dublinlady I am only 5 weeks and 6 days today so not that much further on from you. I booked in for an early scan today which made it all seem very real. Not that the sore boobs were failing to let me know what was happening hehe. No nausea yet thankfully but I do have the horrendously embarrassing symptom of being bloated and gassy every evening. It is cringeworthy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi girls just popping over from the August thread. I will probably end up straddling the two as I am due at the very end of Aug according to the doctors dates but I think I ovulated a little later which adds on another few days and along with the fact that this is my first there is a high chance that this little one will be a September baby :)

Dublinlady I am 5 weeks and 6 days so not too far ahead of you, in fact not too far ahead of anyone here yet.

I booked an early scan today which makes it seem so much more real - not that the sore boobs are not a nice little reminder hehe. No nausea yet thank god but I do have the horrendously embarrassing symptom of being very bloated and gassy in the evening :( it is cringeworthy :(

Wishing us all health and happy pregnancies.

• Advertisement

Yeah me too - having early scan on 13th jan!!! It's only 2 weeks awaY!! I'll be seven weeks then so hopefully will get confirmation everything is ok and I can keep my head down then until my first consultant appt in early feb.
    So bloated it's not funny - it's awful I look pregnant but actually it's all just fat and bloat!! I ate too many chocolates this Christmas ... It's time I reigned it in afterall I don't want people guessing just Cos I've eaten too many cakes!! Haha!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Yeah me too - having early scan on 13th jan!!! It's only 2 weeks awaY!! I'll be seven weeks then so hopefully will get confirmation everything is ok and I can keep my head down then until my first consultant appt in early feb.

No way! Mine is the 15! I wipl ve just over eight weeks but reckon they will push me back a few days on dates. like you I'm just itching for that confirmation that everything is ok and then I just have to hold out until my first appointment in the Coombe. I'm so impatient lol.

So bloated it's not funny - it's awful I look pregnant but actually it's all just fat and bloat!! I ate too many chocolates this Christmas ... It's time I reigned it in afterall I don't want people guessing just Cos I've eaten too many cakes!! Haha!

Thank god I'm not the only one! I noticed my jeans were far too snug this evening, it's all the rich Christmas food making me even more bloated! The healthy eating is back with a bang come Jan 1st.

I'm getting bloated and gassy too! I'm actually happy after reading this now because its a symptom... Yay.
    It hard to feel pregnant with no symptoms. The wait for the scan is going to be sooo long. I hope I start getting sore boobs or sick soon so I actually feel pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I hope I start getting sore boobs or sick soon so I actually feel pregnant

It's amazing how many times people say this, the reality of being sick is very different to thinking it'll be "great" for reassurance! :p Honestly, enjoy every second you're not sick, but also not being sick/nauseous doesn't mean there's anything wrong, lots of women don't get sick at all. I personally only felt nauseous in the first trimester, from 14 weeks onwards I've been gagging, retching, and the new thing now is puking if I bend over to pick something up :(

It's amazing how many times people say this, the reality of being sick is very different to thinking it'll be "great" for reassurance! :p Honestly, enjoy every second you're not sick, but also not being sick/nauseous doesn't mean there's anything wrong, lots of women don't get sick at all. I personally only felt nauseous in the first trimester, from 14 weeks onwards I've been gagging, retching, and the new thing now is puking if I bend over to pick something up :(

Oh god I feel for ya. It just feels weird not having any symptoms. I'm driving myself mad. I even was thinking could it be a phantom pregnancy haha. But then I copped on

Oh god I feel for ya. It just feels weird not having any symptoms. I'm driving myself mad. I even was thinking could it be a phantom pregnancy haha. But then I copped on

Yeah it's no fun until there is a bump! Hopefully an early scan in 2 weeks will reassure me! In just glad we got thru Xmas without telling anyone! I want to keep it secret as long as I can this time! Will prob tell my parents about the 9 week mark and no one else til the 12-16 week mark depending on the bump size!

Yeah it's no fun until there is a bump! Hopefully an early scan in 2 weeks will reassure me! In just glad we got thru Xmas without telling anyone! I want to keep it secret as long as I can this time! Will prob tell my parents about the 9 week mark and no one else til the 12-16 week mark depending on the bump size!

Part of me still doesn't feel it's really happening! Early scan booked for two weeks so I think once I know everything is ok I will let myself believe it lol.

We told our immediate family over Christmas. Only a handful of people really as we are not from big families. Felt like I was going to explode otherwise! Everyone else will be after the first hospital scan. Speaking of which I got my appointment from the Coombe yesterday! First appointment on the day I am 12 weeks :)

I really want to tell my parents but my husband is not keen on the idea until at least 8-10 weeks :( we waited until 10 weeks to tell close family on our first ! I am super super tired ! Started taking spatone this time round - I don't think my iron levels have come up since I had my little boy ( he is 9 months )

My gynae isn't back in work until Saturday. Can't wait to book my early scan. I feel like.telling the world but I know I can't . This is my first pregnancy :-)

It does feel like a long time ha ha I wont be getting a scan until 12/14 weeks :( Def' getting a private scan again at 22 weeks !!! So worth it !

• Advertisement

It does feel like a long time ha ha I wont be getting a scan until 12/14 weeks :( Def' getting a private scan again at 22 weeks !!! So worth it !

What's normally the earliest they do a scan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Internal private scan - 6-8 weeks
    Abdominal private scan - 7/8+ weeks
    Abdominal public scan - 12+ weeks
    Internal public scan - not too sure but while they might offer it early IME both internal and external scan quality is very poor in public system and not good for actual visual quality at all. My 7 & 20 week private abdominal scans were a million times clearer than my 12 & 16 week public scans.

Thanks spotty bananas. I can't wait to get a proper due date. My GP said 15th of September give or take 2 or 3 weeks each way lol

Well I go public and it was 12 weeks for me ! Different circumstances can mean you can get earlier scans !

Well I go public and it was 12 weeks for me ! Different circumstances can mean you can get earlier scans !

I am going public and I got my scan appointment this week. I will be exactly 12 weeks to the day. We are going for an early private abdominal scan at just over eight weeks for our own reassurance and nosiness haha

Just back from the gynae. Ladies I am actually 8 weeks. I seen the baby and its little heartbeat flashing. It was amazing.

Just back from the gynae. Ladies I am actually 8 weeks. I seen the baby and its little heartbeat flashing. It was amazing.

Oh congratulations irishgirl!!!!! I'd love to be a few weeks further along. Eek you are closer to telling everyone :)

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Oh congratulations irishgirl!!!!! I'd love to be a few weeks further along. Eek you are closer to telling everyone :)

Thanks I'm so excited

So exciting !!!

• Advertisement

8 weeks is a nice promotion!! That's brill news!

Advertisement