Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due in February 2015!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Rosemary Billions Manufacturer

Congrats :D It all depends on how busy the hospital is. I'm in limerick and it's always mobbed :(

Their process is-

Booking appointment with nurse. This takes 15-20 mins where a midwife takes all your details and medical history. Make sure and have your pps number and your partners pps number.

Scan

Blood tests

See the midwife to test urine and get information pack (bring a sample with you)

See doctor

In limerick, this usually takes around 3 hours, most of which is spent waiting around :( I always bring a book and also a few snacks :) It can be tiring and frustrating but thankfully, your subsequent appointments shouldn't last as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Thanks for that mrspostman, hoping it won't be too busy in the morning time, will try and get there a little bit early anyway. I presume that you don't need to be fasting for the blood test?

No the only test you would fast for is a glucose tolerance test, which you wouldn't have until after 18 weeks. They'll asses you at the booking and decide whether you need a glucose test or not and they'll give you all the info about it :)

How is everyone doing? Found out today I have a UTI, I was plagued with them during the last pregnancy too :( Apart from that, everything is going well :) We still haven't told anyone apart from OHs parents and my closest female friend. I've been going mad making lists of things we need and I've been picking up little neutral babygros and vests here and there, I can't help myself :D Hope the rest of ye are keeping well :)

All good so far, had some queasiness between weeks from week 6 but it's eased off over the past week or two. Have my first scan tomorrow and am pretty nervous, just hoping everything will be ok. It's been such a long wait! We haven't told anyone apart from my parents but I think one or two might have guessed. Hoping to announce to the rest of our family this weekend and then gradually to friends over the next week or so, fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Oooh, the scans are exciting - pity the waits are so long! I'll be at Limerick too and I would agree on bringing a book!

I'm having a tough time of it with this pregnancy, feel like such a moaning minnie.

I've fainted twice, and I still have really bad and near constant nausea, so much so that my two year old pretend pukes into the toilet now ;)

But, I dug out my angelsounds doppler and definitely heard baby's heartbeat. My scan isn't for another week, so that made my day. I'd totally recommend that doppler to everyone here too, I found it very reassuring last time around.

+1 on the doppler. It's a godsend to give you reassurance until you start feeling regular movement. I've been able to hear the heartbeat since 11 weeks. It feels like aaaaages since my scan but it has only been 4 weeks :o I've to go back at 18 weeks for a checkup because I'm supposed to be having a separate medical procedure on my back at 20 weeks and I'll need the all clear from the maternity first. I'm hoping they'll do a growth scan but if not I'll be booking a private anomaly and gender scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 29Chicky

coopdloop wrote:
    Hi ladies, been reading this thread for a while and thought I'd finally join up for the February 2015 group. I'm nearly 11 weeks on my first pregnancy. Have my first appointment with the hospital next week...excited but very nervous, just hoping everything will be alright. Just wondering could any of you give me an indication as to how long this first appointment might take? We're going to the coombe and it's a morning appointment.

welcome and congrats.hope the scan went well

29Chicky wrote: »
    welcome and congrats.hope the scan went well

Yeah it was amazing, everything ok and good strong heartbeat. Such a relief, I didn't sleep a wink the night before. Starting to tell people now, very exciting!hope everybody's keeping well

hi all hope ye are all doing well?
    had scan today lovely healthy baby so very happy tonight.
    am in limerick and it took just over 5 hours, so any1 else there might want to bring a book.

• Advertisement

coopdloop wrote:
    Yeah it was amazing, everything ok and good strong heartbeat. Such a relief, I didn't sleep a wink the night before. Starting to tell people now, very exciting!hope everybody's keeping well

great :) tis lovely seeing all is ok .will be impossible to pass baby clothes in shops now lol

hi all hope ye are all doing well?
    had scan today lovely healthy baby so very happy tonight.
    am in limerick and it took just over 5 hours, so any1 else there might want to bring a book.

Aw congrats on your scan. I'm in the coombe, took bout 3 hours from appointment time but I was there early so was waiting a bit. I agreed to take part in a research questionnaire so they said that sped up the process.
    Still a bit nervous about buying things, have you bought anything yet? Going shopping tomorrow so gonna keep my eye out for a book to put my ultrasound pictures in, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Hi everybody. I found out about 3 weeks ago that i was 10 weeks pregnant. Never had any sickness but a lot of nausea, acid, heartburn and indigestion. I always believed that every woman got morning sickness as anybody i knew that was pregnant was always sick!!. I'm due my scan on the 22nd in the Rotunda.

I still havent gotten over the tiredness. I have to have a nap everyday after work and i am still able to sleep through the night. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and then run on the beach once a week. I haven't managed to do any of that in 2 months....oops.

Although, i'm not vomitting, if i prepare my dinner, i can't eat it, i just dry reach but if a meal is handed to me i can eat it no problem. It's like food prep turns my stomach

I have only told a handful of people and when i do, i turn in to a blubbering mess. I cried on the way home from work listing to Wilson Philips - Hold On.....it's not even a sad song!!

Best of luck to all the ladies due in Feb 2015 xx

Welcome to the thread missyb01, and congratulations! And yay for getting through the first trimester with no sickness, that's great! I found rennies great for indigestion last time, i took so many, I thought my little lass was going to come out with an R stamped on her bum :)

The tiredness is normal, enjoy your naps. I know what you mean about the gym, I've been ridiculously inactive, but will be starting up pre-natal yoga next week once out of the first trimester.

Blubbering mess can be par for the course too, i'm afraid. I would normally never cry, but when pregnant, all bets are off - i was inconsolable yesterday watching something on TV, and that is so not me! Poor hubby didn't know what to do!

I have my first scan tomorrow - super excited about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Ha ha, i was living on Rennies, i'm sure the little one will come out covered in that chalky substance. Best of luck with your scan Kash

I am goin to start yoga in a few weeks as well and try and at least get back to some walking. If i went back to the gym at this stage, i think i would be wiped out for the rest of the day.

I know i have some serious bloating going on as due to the terrible acid, all i wanted to eat was toast and plain sandwiches. But i'm a bit surprised that i will need to buy maternity trousers very very soon because next week my work trousers won't fit me at all and my bra size has gone from a 34b to a 36c already!!!!

coopdloop wrote:
    not yet I have the world of stuff from my last one and have a feeling this one is also a boy. so I'm not too bad yet. still found myself looking online at travel systems last night.

missyb01 wrote:
    Hi everybody. I found out about 3 weeks ago that i was 10 weeks pregnant. Never had any sickness but a lot of nausea, acid, heartburn and indigestion. I always believed that every woman got morning sickness as anybody i knew that was pregnant was always sick!!. I'm due my scan on the 22nd in the Rotunda.

welcome and congrats:) had indigestion the last time thank god its not too bad this time round , tis horrible found mr freezes helped a bit .

kash good luck tomorrow:)

Scan went well (though photo bears a striking resemblance to a Cheeto) and my due date seems pretty accurate. Just the one in there, so given how different my pregnancy has been, my money is on a boy!

Congrats Kash :D Time to start shopping so! I've been picking up neutral bits and pieces since my scan, I'm wary of getting too much before I know the gender as I ended up with piles of neutral stuff the last time that I hated, I much prefer bright colourful stuff :) It's hard to pass the cute little babygros though, specially when they're on offer :D

I love the colourful stuff too, all I wanted last time was a rainbow set of onesies, and could i find them? Not on your nellie.
    I swore we'd never do the pink thing, but I've just had to roll with it, it's impossible to avoid. Luckily, hubby is French so I get a load of funky baby attire sent over from the in-laws in France, and they don't seem as obsessed with pastels over there.

• Advertisement

first embarrasing complaint of pregnancy but I have whoppers of pains/cramps in my bumcheek:(
    never got this last time and just googled it and apparently its normal..phew!! so other than walking like a 90yr old I haven't much to complain about.
    hope everyone is well!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

first embarrasing complaint of pregnancy but I have whoppers of pains/cramps in my bumcheek:(
    never got this last time and just googled it and apparently its normal..phew!! so other than walking like a 90yr old I haven't much to complain about.
    hope everyone is well!
    Ahh I have that too! Painful! How long do you think it's going to last? The duration? I've had it about a week now.

not sure but feck I hope it doesn't last the whole time!!.
    I look so odd I'm walking at a slant to avoid putting weight in my right side.will check with nurse as I've appointment this week I'm lucky in one sense as its my only complaint so far. Google says to sleep with a oillow between legs to balance your hips so I'm going to try that tonight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

So I'm about 14 weeks gone with my first baby, though this will be my partner's 5th, he's my reassuring pro. ;) Due on the 12th Feb and been for 2 scans so far as I am taking part in a study that they are running on pregnant women taking low dosage aspirin to prevent pre-eclampsia. As I'm overweight I've already had to have the glucose test, which was a real pain in terms of time wastage, thankfully it was normal.

But they have also discovered I have high blood pressure so I have to take 2 tablets a day to try and bring it down. Bit of a nuisance, but apart from making me incredibly dizzy and headachy (normal side effects apparently) on the first day they seem to be going alright. Have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to get my blood pressure taken again. This is apparently going to be a weekly thing, so I'm trying to get early morning appointments so as not to miss too much work.

We've pretty much told everyone now and so far I don't seem to have put on much weight, possibly because my appetite has completely vanished since I got pregnant. I get hungry but when I start eating I'm done after a few mouthfuls. Just hoping I'm getting enough nutrients in for the baby.

Felt a little bit of movement when lying quietly, a sort of feeling like a fish is swimming in my belly or a butterfly flapping. It's quite exciting when it happens!

Sorry for such a long introduction! :)

not sure but feck I hope it doesn't last the whole time!!.
    I look so odd I'm walking at a slant to avoid putting weight in my right side.will check with nurse as I've appointment this week I'm lucky in one sense as its my only complaint so far. Google says to sleep with a oillow between legs to balance your hips so I'm going to try that tonight.
    Have to say I'm not loving the pillow thing. I've been trying it now for a while, and not getting used to it. However, my entire life I've slept on my right side, my back, even my front, anywhere but my left side so I'm finding that uncomfortable enough!

I had my first scan today. There's actually a living foetus in there! I must admit I was half in denial the whole time so far!

Hi tSubh Dearg, congrats on your pregnancy. I had pre-eclampsia last time, so will be watching for it like a hawk this time - I thought most of my warning signs were normal. Great that you're feeling movement already, I was 26 weeks before I felt the first flutters. Hopefully it will be sooner for this little one!

I had my first scan today. There's actually a living foetus in there! I must admit I was half in denial the whole time so far!

Congrats on the scan - it is a bit surreal to see, isn't it!

I slept on my front for as long as I could last time as I just sleep better that way, but belly got in the way at about 6 months. I found it almost impossible to fall asleep the 'right' way, and if I did, I rolled over as soon as I was asleep, and I was so worried about harming the baby... but my nurse said sleep whatever way you can, so that's what I'm going with this time.

So I'm about 14 weeks gone with my first baby, though this will be my partner's 5th, he's my reassuring pro.  Due on the 12th Feb and been for 2 scans so far as I am taking part in a study that they are running on pregnant women taking low dosage aspirin to prevent pre-eclampsia. As I'm overweight I've already had to have the glucose test, which was a real pain in terms of time wastage, thankfully it was normal.

welcome and congrats. your lucky to feel movement so soon I was a good 20 weeks on my first and still not a peep from this one either!

Congrats tsubh :) Clar I have a dream genie pillow that I used the last time and found brilliant, especially when the bump got bigger. It cost around €60 though so you'd really want to be getting the use out of it. I've been feeling occasional little movements for the last few weeks too. My stomach has really popped in the last week, I literally woke up one morning and there it was, sticking out! My brother's wedding isn't for another 4 weeks so I'll have to try on the bridesmaid dress at the weekend and see if I'll have to reveal my secret :eek:

I thought my bump had really popped out last week - I suddenly looked really pregnant. But then it deflated again - just gas!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Kash wrote: »
    I thought most of my warning signs were normal.

Can I ask you what the warning signs were? I just found out today that because of my blood pressure readings I will be in the taking aspirin every day, but in good news my bloods are normal and so is my uterine blood flow. But just want to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I only feel the little movements when I am lying quietly not thinking about anything, so generally when I'm drifting off for a little nap.

I'm definitely starting to get a little bit of a belly now. But I still have done no reading or research into anything to do with childbirth or babies. I'm kind of hoping that himself will just tell me what to do since this will be his 5th baby.

Ignorance is bliss! :D

Advertisement