Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    City should have a handy team out and should win well, I will get on after 15-20 mins for better value, hopefully 0-0 at that point
    Keep an eye on Dundalk too, if they have a reasonable team out they will hockey Waterford.

Cheers Shamo, just realising there that it was Waterford that got mauled by Cork last time. Bodes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only seeing this now gents, apologises. Cork playing Drogheda on Thursday - hoping for -1.5 Asian!

Only seeing this now gents, apologises. Cork playing Drogheda on Thursday - hoping for -1.5 Asian!

No bother at all Gavin, only realised it was on yesterday morning myself. Cheers for the heads up on the next game, will keep an eye out for the asian lines going up.

Cork -1.5 asian is up now on 365 @1.675

Too tight of odds for me. I haven't gotten to check any other bookie yet so maybe better odds elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Cork -1.5 asian is up now on 365 @1.675

Too tight of odds for me. I haven't gotten to check any other bookie yet so maybe better odds elsewhere.

Ye, opened up @1.875 this morning and got smashed. Line is now -1.5,-2

• Advertisement

Fizbo wrote: »
    Ye, opened up @1.875 this morning and got smashed. Line is now -1.5,-2

Well smashed in at that rate. I had a look in the very early morning but no asian market at all then, was near lunch when got to have another look. Missed the boat hopefully something comes up in play.

Hoovered up some of that -1.5 this morning :) match was played with 40 mins half! FT 2-0!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hoovered up some of that -1.5 this morning :) match was played with 40 mins half! FT 2-0!

It wasn't advertised as 40 min halves. Bet365 refunded bets and pulled their in play before ht

Pp kept their in play until into the second half. Backed city 2 or more in play at start of second half, had 4 bets in play from first half, no mention anywhere about 40 min half's.

I wonder will they pay out or void all of them , pending still.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It wasn't advertised as 40 min halves. Bet365 refunded bets and pulled their in play before ht

Pp kept their in play until into the second half. Backed city 2 or more in play at start of second half, had 4 bets in play from first half, no mention anywhere about 40 min half's.

I wonder will they pay out or void all of them , pending still.

I got paid out by Bet365, they did pull it after the 1st half.

Don't think it was planned 40 min halves, just that the weather was so poxy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yeah, pp just paid out, I would still have thrown the bets on ( less on the overs) if it was officially 40 mins but odds would have been better

Turner made a difference when he came on with both assists, he has started well pre season.

• Advertisement

Shels play St. Pats on Tuesday in Baldonnell (St. Francis's pitch) which was only confirmed yesterday - hoping for around -1.25 if odds go up in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Shels play St. Pats on Tuesday in Baldonnell (St. Francis's pitch) which was only confirmed yesterday - hoping for around -1.25 if odds go up in the morning!
    its -1.25. sounds like shelbourne will be trying out new players also, could be an experimental team out

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Any news from Pats side?

Pats 3-0 up after 15 mins :( Was no odds anywhere.

FT 7-1 :(

League of Ireland Outright Bets

Myself and the 3 lads I pick the Irish Bets with in our Facebook group (Aidan Morris, Alan Forristal and Graeme O Rourke) have all discussed the below bets and opinions. Aidan also done a good chunk of the write ups with myself! Been mulling over these for a good few weeks. Cork to win outright each way looks excellent value this year while the First Division on paper looks to be Limericks, UCD could challenge up there, unfortunately only Bet365 seems to be offering each way odds on the First Division at ¼ odds and with UCD being 6/1 it’s not much value!

Cork City to Win the Premier Division @ 5/1 (William Hill) – MEDIUM (Each Way Top 2 1/3)
    Cork City have made the most of the close season sign several useful and skilled players most notably Greg Bolger from St. Pats and the return of Gearóid Morrissey from Cambridge Utd. Kenny Browne (St. Pats), Ian Turner (Limerick), Sean Maguire (Dundalk) and Eoghan O’Connell (Celtic on loan till July) all come into the Cork side to replace the Dennehy brothers, John O’Flynn and a few others who have departed.
    Cork have a successful pre-season with one upset seeing them knocked out of the Munster Senior Cup on penalties by Rockmount. Since that opening game, Cork have won their 5 pre-season friendlies and also beat Dundalk off in the Presidents Cup (winner of the League –v- winner of the FAI Cup) 2-0 in Turners Cross. Cork will be hoping they can go one place better that their 2nd place position in 2015!
    Dundalk, St. Pats and Shamrock Rovers look to be their biggest and possibly only title contenders.
    Dundalk losing Richie Towell will be a huge dent in the defence of their trophy!
    St. Pats had a difficult enough League season last season, finishing 4th – 20 points off Dundalk. On paper it’s hard to see how they’ll fair losing Kenny Browne (Cork City), Greg Bolger (Cork City) and Killian Brennan (Shamrock Rovers) big losses for them but they’ve replacement them with 9 new players which will see much needed depth in the squad but we fail to see if they’ll be a stronger outfit in 2016.
    Shamrock Rovers will hope to improve again this season, 4th in 2014 and 3rd in 2013 they’ve been progressively on the up, only 2 points off Cork in 2nd place in 2015 also. There’s been nothing major close season for Rovers, with a few comings and goings. Their pre-season trip to India to play in the Sait Nagjee Amarsee International Cup will have been a new eye opener for many of the players and will have most likely improved their fitness greatly!
    On paper Cork and Dundalk look the strongest again this year but Dundalk could struggle with the loss of Richie Towell and the need for someone to replace his 11 League goals in 2014 and 25 League goals in 2015. Cork will have that added determination having finished 2nd in the past two seasons to Dundalk!

Bohs +22 Points Premier Division Season Handicap @ 9/1 (Paddy Power) – SMALL/MEDIUM
    Last year seen Keith Long have Bohs reach there highest position in a few years when finishing 5th, not too far off Pats in 4th.
    Keith Long has managed to retain the majority of their key players from 2015, getting rid of their dead weight and strengthen exactly where needed by bringing in Aymen Ben Mohammed (Longford Town), Kurtis Byrne (Dundalk), James Kavanagh (UCD) and Mark Quigley (Derry City). Bohs captain Derek Pender missed most of last season, having him back this season fully fit will be a huge plus. Jake Kelly and Ismahil Akinade joined Bohs midseason last year and played a big part in their solid 5th place finish, having them from the start this season will make a big difference.
    We debated doing Sligo + 32 but their weakness will be a good few of their 20 man squad are loanees who will be returning to the UK over the summer months!

Ismahil Akinade Premier Division Top Goalscorer @ 16/1 (Paddy Power) – SMALL (Each Way Top 4 1/4)
    Akinade joined Bohs half way through the season last year and really cemented his spot as Bohs main striker. He only played 19 games last season but netted 10 goals in this short space of time. The Bohs team set up to play to suit his style which led to him settling in very fast banging in goals. He is a player who has been improving every game. Akinade has torn apart the top defences in the league so he isn't just a player who will score against bad teams. With a full season at Bohs ahead of him he should make a very good run at being top scorer.

Rory Patterson Premier Division Top Goalscorer @ 20/1 (Paddy Power) – SMALL (Each Way Top 4 1/4)
    Patterson returns to Derry after his departure to Austrailian side Cockburn City in January 2015 where he scored 20 goals in 19 games! He returned back to Europe and signed for FC United in October 2015 hoping to add to his 99 goals with FC United which stands as the record goalscorer at the club but failed to score. Patterson returns to Derry City hoping to bulid on his 2 year stint at the club where he scored 54 times! Patterson signs for Derry in what is a very young strike force they have including locals Ryan Doherty and Nathan Boyle and their Scottish 20 year old Jordan Allen. Being the experienced veteran it would be hard to see Patterson not being a big part to this Derry side in 2016 and most likely their penalty taker!

Mick Cooke - Premier Division Sack Race @ 7/1 (Paddy Power) – Novelty Bet Stake
    “Applies to next manager to leave his position by any means whether it's by resigning or getting sacked”
    At first look, it’s hard to see where the first manager casualty will come from with Tony Cousins favourite at 3/1. Cousins has been with Longford since 2009 and has brought them promotion along with a good mid table finish in 2015. Ollie Horgan gained Harps Premier Division status! Shane Keegan, Dave Robertson, Kenny Shields, Tommy Dunne are all signed on 2 year deals. You’d expect Liam Buckley and Pat Fenlon to be ok once they challenge for the League, likewise Caulfield and Kenny. Tommy Dunne should have no problems at Galway this season with some much poorer teams coming into the Division, while Keith Long will look to maintain a midtable position with Bohs.
    Mick Cooke will be expected to deliver early on with Bray, he was the 4th manager of the club last season with the Board falling out with Alan Mathews and Trevor Croly publicly. There seems to be heavy investment in Bray this season and any failings of Mick Cooke to establish a comfortable 5th or 6th position early on could see him leaving the Carlisle Grounds.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

And we're back! Me and the 3 lads have been mulling over bets since we got the Outright write up finished on Tuesday so hopefully we can start off to a winning way! 3 short enough write ups!

St. Patrick's Ath -v- Galway United FC 7.45
    Liam Buckley made a very clear statement over the close season with nine players leaving and a subsequent nine taking their place in a bid to attempt to challenge for the title! While Tommy Dunne will look to aim higher this season instead of a relegation battle. Galway lost Jake Keegan but have brought in plenty of firepower in the form of Vinny Faherty, Eric Foley, Ruairi Keating while retaining Enda Curran and Gary Shanahan. Likewise Pats have brought in Dinny Corcoran to partner Christy Fagan while one of Derrys topgoalscorers Mark Timlin signs too.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 (Boyles) - MEDIUM STAKE

Cabinteely FC -v- Athlone Town 7.45
    Cabinteely on paper this season look weaker than in their inaugural season, while Athlone look very poor compared to previous seasons. Close season was far from ideal with Alan Mathews only being confirmed in mid January as manager of Athlone and it can be seen by the lacking of any real quality in their side with only the likes of David Cassidy and Daniel Purdy standing out.

Cabinteely Draw No Bet or 0 Asian @ 11/10 (GENERAL) - SMALL STAKE

Drogheda United -v- Waterford United 7.45
    Waterford finished 2nd bottom of the first division last season having been whipping boys the majority or the season, however, since Roddy Collins took over in May, results and performances slowly started to improve, and in the off season Collins has added a wealth of league winning experience (7 previous league winners) while also hanging on to some key players from last years squad.
    Preseason for Waterford has been mixed, with heavy defeats against Cork (7-0) and Dundalk (8-1), however, good results against Wexford (1-1), Longford (2-1) and Bray (1-0) it seems Collins has aspirations to vastly improve this season and hope to push into playoff spots this year. The signings of James O Brien, Phillip Gorman, and Dave O Leary shows a signal of intent from Collins and Waterford. Waterford may be without new signings Jimmy Dermody (hamstring) and Roddy Collins Jr (Illness)

Drogheda, relegated on the final day last season will be looking to bounce back however having lost, Schlingermann, Daly, Byrne, O'Reily, Duffy, Tracey, Hughes, Marks, Pender, they may struggle. They have failed to replace those players with similar quality with several signings from last years Athlone squad, Mark Griffen may add some quality, but having not played in pre season, Griffen is a doubt to line out in tomorrow's league opener.
    Drogheda may also miss Llyod Buckley through injury and will miss Sean Thornton and Stephen Dunne through suspension.

Roddy Collins has publicly admitted he will be aiming for a clean sheet first and foremost in Drogheda on Friday, and hope to catch Drogheda on the break, Drogheda have not scored a single goal in Pre season, and you cannot win games without scoring.

So based on that we have decided to take a gamble on Waterford to come out of United Park with something.

Waterford Utd Double Chance @ 11/10 (General) - SMALL STAKE

Friday
    Cork City -v- Bohemians 7.45 - Live on TV normally means a drab match - Cork should be too strong
    Finn Harps -v- Derry City 8.00 - Big derby which is close to a sell out so no bet
    Wexford Youths -v- Longford Town 8.00 Wexford are a nice price
    Shelbourne -v- Cobh Ramblers 7.45 Shels should be strong enough to see off Cobh

Saturday
    Bray Wanderers -v- Dundalk Carlisle Grounds 7.30 - Dundalk should win here (possible write up on Saturday)
    Sligo Rovers -v- Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds 7.45 - Goals here
    Limerick FC -v- UCD Market's Field 6.30 - UCD look too big if Limerick are missing the few players they did over pre-season

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

St Pats and Shels wtf ? I had Boro to win Btts and Roma win btts and Cork City - 1 . Disgusted . I did the hard part . It's gonna be a long season .

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Does anyone know a bookies that are offering each way on the Irish first division, they all did last year but I can't seem to find it this year
    Thanks
    D

Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 (Boyles) - MEDIUM STAKE

Cabinteely Draw No Bet or 0 Asian @ 11/10 (GENERAL) - SMALL STAKE

2 WINNERS including our medium stake!!:pac:

Start as you mean to go on!!! :cool::cool:

Does anyone know a bookies that are offering each way on the Irish first division, they all did last year but I can't seem to find it this year
    Thanks
    D

Only place I found when doing out Outright preview was Bet365.
    St Pats and Shels wtf ? I had Boro to win Btts and Roma win btts and Cork City - 1 . Disgusted . I did the hard part . It's gonna be a long season .

We were very poor on front of goal, to be honest CObh could have won 5-0. Greg Murray saved a peno, saved 2 one on ones and Cobh hit the post also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Thanks for that I looked all week and it was win only just had a small ew on Waterford @50/1 I think Roddy might get them playing and surprise a few people this year

Thanks for that I looked all week and it was win only just had a small ew on Waterford @50/1 I think Roddy might get them playing and surprise a few people this year

Pishing away money ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Just catching up now, nice call on the overs in the Pat’s game. I backed it at 2.08 on the machine when the teams were announced, not sure why there might have been money for the unders to be honest. Pat's have a fair few players to knit together, might be a bit light in the middle and dodgy at the back but have plenty of goals in them. Their games should keep producing goals for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Have noticed in the last year or so that many teams trying to play abit more of an attacking brand of football, which is leading to more goals for many sides. Im sure the stats would back this up.

It’ll obviously depend on a few different things, such as weather, recent results, fixture congestion, pressure on managers, etc. But right now, with early-season optimism high in some parts, goals are definitely on the agenda.
    Games broadcast on live TV are relevant too – low enough goals usually expected. Would be interested to see if anyone’s checked that, might be worth doing even if it’s a small sample size.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

We started off last week with 2 wins from 3, including our MEDIUM stake bet! 4 bets for Friday which may seem a lot but the bets and value is there! We’re posting up a day early as most likely the odds won’t stay around, Dundalk odds have already shifted in slightly and will continue to go in. Write ups written by the 4 of us this week Myself, Graeme O Rourke, Aidan Morris and Alan Forristal.

Dundalk –v- Finn Harps 7.45 Friday
    Dundalk got off to the perfect defence of their league title last week against a Bray side fancied to do well this year. (3-1) Finn Harps overcame Derry City by 2 goals to 1 in their first game back in the premier division. We feel that result for harps was more a result fitting of the occasion and feel Dundalk will bring them back down to earth this week with a comfortable victory.
    Dundalk -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.70 (GENERAL) - LARGE STAKE

Derry City –v- Cork City 7.45 Friday
    Cork City travel to the Brandywell with the same squad as the back to back wins over Dundalk and Bohs, City are much stronger this year than they were last season. They showed that with the dominant win over Dundalk and a very good second half performance last week. Derry by all accounts were shocking last week losing to new boys Finn Harps. They've a manager and quite a few players new to the league which will take a few weeks to gel. The long Journey won't come into effect as Cork are travelling up today ahead of the game tomorrow. Based on the past 2 weeks performances we can't see past a Cork win here.
    Cork Win @ 3/4 (GENERAL) – MEDIUM STAKE

Bohemians vs Sligo Rovers 7.45 Friday
    Both teams going into this game of the back of a defeat from the first round of games. Sligo losing 2-0 at home to Rovers while also getting 2 men sent off, while Bohs lost 2-0 away to Cork and also got a man sent off. Sligo seem to have quite a small squad this year with a lot of new players to the league who are unproven. The Sligo team that played last Saturday had 9 debutants for Sligo.Sligo may come good later in the season but we feel that this squad could take a while to gel, but in their first game they were very poor at home to Rovers. Bohs on the other hand have kept their main players from last season and strengthened in positions that they needed too. In the Cork game which Bohs were not expected to win, Bohs done very well up untill a bad defensive error after 50 minutes in which caused to fall apart to a superior Cork team. The team Bohs have is extremely solid and will be chasing a European spot this year. Last Season H2H Bohs v Sligo. Bohs won 2 and Drew 1. This will be Bohs first home game this season in a packed out Dalymount and we really feel that Bohs should pick up the 3 points here against an unproven Sligo team
    Bohemians Win @ 21/20 (GENERAL) – SMALL STAKE

Shamrock Rovers –v- Wexford Youths 8.00 Friday
    Newly promoted Wexford travel to Tallaght on the back of their 2-0 loss to Longford while Shamrock Rovers started off with a 2-0 win away to Sligo. On paper Shamrock Rovers look strong, add in their trip to India that should have their fitness at its peak! Talk is/was that Wexford are staying mainly Amateur which will cause them issues. Long of the short is, this should be a handy win for Rovers in their first home League game of the season!
    Shamrock Rovers -1.5 @ 1.95 (GENERAL) – SMALL STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Cork
    Limerick
    Shamrock rovers -1
    Galway

€20accum tonight

I am conscious that it’s mug stuff at times, but I kind of fancy both Dundalk and Rovers to easily cover the Asian lines tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Cork, Limerick, Bohs and Rovers for me. Seems straightforward but as with everything LOI im sure it wont be as easy as it seems.

Like the look of Maguire, Vinny, Akinade and Miele for goals. Maybe one of the Bray cb's as we struggled badly on set-pieces last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

2 more for fun

Advertisement