Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

• 14-01-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Hi all,

I just tested postitive this morning (OMG). Didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I did both at the same time! :) Wasn't officially trying so was fairly shocked to say the least. It was only a few days ago myself and my husband agreed to start trying properly, little did I know I was already pregnant at the time! :P

Haven't been to the doctor yet, but as per the dates, I'm just over 4 weeks, due around Sept 21st :eek: I'm trying not to think too far ahead, just concentrate on getting through the next few months ... I know it's early days yet.

I think I'm very lucky not to have had to go through the stress of trying and waiting ... fingers crossed it sticks.

Anyone else in the same boat? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Congratulations! :)
    Its a grea feeling isint it? Im due around 3rd september and we wernt really trying either but its great all the same, I already have a 3yr old son so id say il have my hands full when lil one comes along all being well! Im walking on egg shells at the min waitin on the sickness to kick in but so far iv been lucky.. Couldnt say the same for my last pregnancy though! Which hospital will you be using ? Il be in letterkenny general and be going public, I cannot wait to hear a heart beat or have a scan just to put my mind at ease and convince myself there is a lil one in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Congrats Mola! :) I haven't had any sickness yet, probably too early for that, but just staying awake is enough of a challenge at the moment, am WRECKED!

I have to say I'm trying to contain any feelings of excitement for now, just trying to get by one day at at time :| Thinking of having an early scan, (8 or 9 weeks) before I head away on holidays (it *was* supposed to be a snowboarding holiday, but I'll have to make do with hiking, swimming and having hot chocolate :))

Am thinking about Holles St, since it's the closest to my home and work .. how else do you even make that decision? :-o So many things to think about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi Ladies!

I'm due September 7th, excited doesn't begin to describe it! Have told my mam, husband's mam, and 3 friends and now all of you on boards!

We got a big shock as we'd only just started trying, felt fairly unreal at first! Nausea started a few days ago, its amazing. :eek: Feeling a little sorry for my husband at the mo, this pregnancy is so real for me, and i really feel it! All he has to go on are my rantings and ravings! Cannot wait for the first scan, more for him than me! Looking forward to the journey really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 puppyfat

Hey Guys, congratulations to both of you!!Im due the 6th of september. feels like so long away but hopefully it flies by. i found out at 6 weeks that i was pregnant. total shock at first and still is (sort of)! to me it still doesnt feel real. my bf was so over the moon. really needed somebody to talk to so i told my mother just for some re-assurance! he told his brothers and sisters last night(8weeks) so i really feel its going to be a long couple of months. im certainly going to get an early scan just to make it official.I think in holles st you are nearly 5months by the time you get a scan.am i correct does anyone know?..

Congrats puppyfat! Yeah these weeks are crawling by! Finding it hard to get my head around too, I think I won't until the first scan tbh.

Yeah I just registered with Holles St on Monday gone, and I was offered a scan at 21 weeks only (feckin May!).

I'm going with the Domino scheme though and will be getting all the other appointments in the local clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Hi ladies,

Congrats to all. I'm expecting #2, due 15th Sept! Exciting and only now getting my head around it all! Hubby and I had decided we would not tell family for another while, but think ill have to share our news sooner rather than later! He'd keep it a secret til the 12 wks or longer, but I just can't do that! Nausea is really setting in now and I think I just need some family support. Hate the feeling of having to hide it at work for the next two months too and feeling miserable throughout!

How are the rest of ye getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi All,

Can't thanks posts yet! I'm banished to the sitting room, husband is cooking our dinner which I can't stand the smell of! I don't have the heart to tell him that I probably won't be able to eat it :o (I'll force down a bit of it tho ;)

One thing I cannot stand is fussy eaters and now I'm one of them. I had to get food out yesterday and what I heard myself coming out with shocked me to the core! I asked for a salad, with no dressing then I changed my mind and I wanted some sort of dressing, the waitress suggested a pesto dressing. I nearly spewed at the suggestion! (I used to like pesto a few weeks ago) Ten suggestions later and we were in business! The poor waitresss! Whats worse is when you don't even look pregnant and you can't tell anyone and I feel like I'm behaving like a total nut case!

Hope all of you are well, we are in the hardest few weeks at the mo (I hope). :) its lovely that we'll have each other for the next few months and hopefully beyond!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

It's time to jump in here I suppose

Got my pregnancy confirmed by the doc a week ago so I am 6 weeks along this week and EDD is 26th Septmeber

I received my paperwork from Holles St Hospital yesterday - now it seems all very real and a little scary

OH has been great. he's chuffed with himself I think :)

Haven't been hit with the nausea or morning sickness so I'm really hoping that I am one of the lucky ones who don't have to endure that. But the tiredness and lack of patience is fairly obvious

Congrats everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

MintyDoris wrote: »
    It's time to jump in here I suppose

Got my pregnancy confirmed by the doc a week ago so I am 6 weeks along this week and EDD is 26th Septmeber

I received my paperwork from Holles St Hospital yesterday - now it seems all very real and a little scary

OH has been great. he's chuffed with himself I think :)

Haven't been hit with the nausea or morning sickness so I'm really hoping that I am one of the lucky ones who don't have to endure that. But the tiredness and lack of patience is fairly obvious

Congrats everyone!!

Congrats Minty (& to all the others), I recognise your user name from the TTC thread. Woohoo, roll on September!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

Hi ladies, I'm due Sept 10th - I have twin DDs so this is my 2nd pg - girls will be 5 when baby arrives PG, so a bit of a gap. Had no pg symptoms with the girls, prob got away with murder, but am I paying for it this time 'round??!!!!! Nausea all day :( got those Sea Bands but they haven't done much for me.

Eating has become a royal pain in the butt, I never know till I'm hungry what I want to eat. I work FT and usually bring a lunch so that's gone out the window. Craved fruit on my last pg - today I had McD's for lunch :o

Apart from the usual anxieties in early PG, I'm also worried about my age as I turned 40 a few months ago - we were kinda late starters I guess. Went private with the girls and have booked in again with same cons. as he was fantastic, and with the age thing, I think/hope he might help with my fears/worries/anxieties.... First scan will be at end of month so pg all will be ok. Reading about Amanda Holden hasn't helped my frame of mind, poor girl. Anyway, enough ranting from me.... Hope you all have good pgs xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Hi Ladies,

Im due number two around the 28th of September. I have a 20 month old boy who is a ball of energy so keeping me on my toes.

The morning sickness kicked in two days ago cant believe it:mad:. I was eight weeks the last time so its two weeks early.
    Cant wait to get through the next three months. I found these three months the hardest with my son.
    How is everyone else feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Due 24th sept, first pregnancy so still feeling completely overwhelmed. And I'm only thinking about the actual pregnancy, the baby at the end of it hasn't hit home yet!!
    Just feeling tired so far, and thirsty all the time. I'll probably make myself sick worrying about being sick though, dreading it!! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Same due date as me emer_b.

My second pregnancy and so far shaping up much like the last one in the early stages. Some nausea, no actual sickness and the unending tiredness. All those symptoms disappeared around week 11 for me last time so hoping it will be the same this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Squiggler, please tell me to feck off if you think I'm being nosey, but are you going for a homebirth again this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I can completely identify with the OP aswell. We just (half-heartedly) decided to try before Christmas but I wasn't even checking my dates, and here I am 6 weeks pregnant already! With all the sad stories you hear, I was convinced it would take at least 6 months of trying.
    I had a little laugh and cry at the same time too :) hubby thrilled though so that cheered me up.

January wrote: »
    Squiggler, please tell me to feck off if you think I'm being nosey, but are you going for a homebirth again this time?

We haven't decided. After our previous experience we will be making sure that we do not end up in a Consultant-led situation. Not having another egoist making irrational decisions when my life and the baby's are in the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Mink wrote: »
    Congrats Minty (& to all the others), I recognise your user name from the TTC thread. Woohoo, roll on September!

Thanks Mink, how are you feeling?

I didnt expect to be pregnant this fast but delighted to be here :D

I'm trying to figure out the costs of semi private through my private health care - not as straight forward as I thought. Everything I read leaves me with more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Squiggler wrote: »
    Same due date as me emer_b.

My second pregnancy and so far shaping up much like the last one in the early stages. Some nausea, no actual sickness and the unending tiredness. All those symptoms disappeared around week 11 for me last time so hoping it will be the same this time.

Delighted for you.

emer_b wrote: »
    Due 24th sept, first pregnancy so still feeling completely overwhelmed. And I'm only thinking about the actual pregnancy, the baby at the end of it hasn't hit home yet!!
    Just feeling tired so far, and thirsty all the time. I'll probably make myself sick worrying about being sick though, dreading it!! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

Aww congrats! Due only a couple of days after me! :p

Yeah I'm the same, just taking one day at a time and not even thinking as far as an actual baby!

The thirst is unreal isn't it? I'm not a big water drinker (even though I exercise a lot) - but now I can't get enough of the stuff, it's madness!

I haven't had any sickness so far, just a 'juicy mouth' once or twice, ewww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

According to due date calculators, due on 15th September. Complete surprise, as I was on the pill.

• Advertisement

Great to see that this bump club has got pretty active! Im due 15th Sept too according to gp, but going by my own dates, reckon it's about 22nd. Of course will have to wait til scan in march to find out a more accurate date. Dont you just hate the way when you go to get your preg confirmed at docs, they tell you your due date going by the 28 day cycle? I know it's just an esitmate, but we ladies know our own cycles.... Mine was always irregular. Arrgh...anyone else get frustrated by this?

Anyways nausea has kicked in big time for me now. Have it all day every day, but some days are worse than others. I'm trying to stay positive and keep as busy as I can at work. I had it til week 17 on baby no 1, so I've a long road to go if this preg is going to be the same!

What are others eating to keep the nausea at bay? I'm on the crackers, fruit and plain food in general, but some days I feel I have to be nibbling all day. And it only relieves it while eating really....

Jeeney, yes I completely agree on the EDD by 28 day cycle and day 14 ovulation. 34 day cycle here and ovulation around day 22-23. A difference of 9 days right off the bat, not even taking into account whether you’re one of those 38 week gestators or nearer 42 week.

Make sure you get an EDD that you're happy with, you don't want to end up under stress near the end of the pregnancy if you go "overdue" based on incorrect calculations.

Thanks squiggler. I had 36 day cycle and ovulated on day 22, so am calculating edd around 22nd sept. Yes, I do hope to get a more accurate date when i have first scan. Doc was way off with baby no 1 too and I had to ask her to change dates on my card eventually after first scan. (going with different doc this time, so am hoping she'll be better as time goes on). I'm not going to worry yet, as I went two days early on first baby. But if I do go overdue and they plan an induction too early, I'll def be speaking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Heya everyone, being a complete noob to all this pregnancy lark i have to own up to my first mistake. I am actually due in September and not august. Oops! So am joining this thread now. Sorry about that ;)

I have a few questions and wondering if anyone else is feeling the same. I am 7 wks pregnant now and for the last couple of days have started feeling iffy. I can't.describe it as full on morning sickness, just a general malaise. Its sorta the way i feel when i am coming down with the flu. My tummy feels roapy but not actually getting sick. I am off my food but can still eat. Also, i am tired from about 4pm onwards. Does this ring any bells with anyone? Oh, also i feel really bloated and have a touch of the runs - sorry tmi but i can't think of a classier way to describe it. ;) am i lucky or is it a sign of things to come?

Also i decided to go public cos while i have health insurance from what i can figure out, private means very little except that you have to fork out more money as the insurance covers very little? Am i right about this? I would have to pay any where between 1.5k and 10k on top of insurance to welcome my little bean into the world. I decided on wexford general cos it was the one hospital that i didn't hear any negative stories about. Was thinking of Dublin as live in gorey but reckon those hospitals will be extremely busy also i want to go with midwife led care. Are these all sane decisions?

Sorry for all the questions but don't want to tell my family until 12 weeks so have no one to ask.

X

congrats emma brighton.

What your feeling is perfectly normal for early pregnancy. Might just stay like that (probably will) but could get worse. Should improve, especially the tiredness, from about 12 weeks on. The tiredness is really difficult to cope with, especially working and trying to keep the pregnancy quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi Ladies, can I join you? after a full year off the pill and TTC we got our BFP on the 13th Jan and I should be 8 weeks tomorrow EDD 15th September, I reckon jellybean was concieved on christmas eve:D So have been absolutly wrecked the whole of January, I dont know how mums with other kids can cope with the tiredness and running around after other kids, come 2.30-3.00 at work i'm fighting to keep my eyes open and counting the minutes until I can crawl into bed. I normally nap for about 1hr-1.5hr when I get home from work, get up and either start dinner or finish it if hubby has it started and then back into bed before 10:eek: thank god havent been really affected by sickness just nauses with stong smells etc. I plan on going to the MLU in Drogheda, like emmabriton I have health insurance but it only really covers your bed and the OB fees are just too high to justify when I wont get paid from work when off on maternity. Good luck with all your pregnancies and looking forward to the trip with you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

TRISHKA wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, can I join you? after a full year off the pill and TTC we got our BFP on the 13th Jan and I should be 8 weeks tomorrow EDD 15th September, I reckon jellybean was concieved on christmas eve:D So have been absolutly wrecked the whole of January, I dont know how mums with other kids can cope with the tiredness and running around after other kids, come 2.30-3.00 at work i'm fighting to keep my eyes open and counting the minutes until I can crawl into bed. I normally nap for about 1hr-1.5hr when I get home from work, get up and either start dinner or finish it if hubby has it started and then back into bed before 10:eek: thank god havent been really affected by sickness just nauses with stong smells etc. I plan on going to the MLU in Drogheda, like emmabriton I have health insurance but it only really covers your bed and the OB fees are just too high to justify when I wont get paid from work when off on maternity. Good luck with all your pregnancies and looking forward to the trip with you all.

Ya its hard going with a child. I have a twenty month old boy and he never stops. I also notice you dont get the same sympathy from the OH the second time round. Sure we will just have to get through it !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all! I'd love to join ye! I had an early scan today all looked good so I have a due date of 11th sept. Won't be completely happy till I get my proper dating scan in march. ( i had a misscarriage last year) The tiredness is by far my worst symptom. The other thing I found a real pain was having to turn off my electric blanket! Lol ( I love my comforts) : ) iv decided to go public hope it works out! Hope everyone is well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Thanks Mink, how are you feeling?

I didnt expect to be pregnant this fast but delighted to be here :D

I'm trying to figure out the costs of semi private through my private health care - not as straight forward as I thought. Everything I read leaves me with more questions.

Ah I'm delighted for you. I didn't expect to get preg so fast either, in fact I was at the point I was happy enough to start trying again in the new year after I got through all the Christmas parties & drinking. It wasn't to be!

I'm feeling fine, 15 weeks today and I managed to get through with not really any morning sickness. I'd just get a bit travel sick & I went off some foods & got fussy.

Can't help you with the private/semi stuff. I'm going public at Rotunda (they're very nice there) and hoping for a home birth with an independent midwife as long as my pregnancy goes as normal and there's no complications etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Hey girls, I had a bit of a scare last night, I had some bleeding completley freeked so rang Now Doc and the nurse was lovely,she told me not to worry and just rest up,but it was hard to know so early on. I would have rathered gone in to get checked so il visit my own Doc on monday to be on the safe side,fingers crossed everything is ok now! x

Advertisement