Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Spray Tan in Dublin ??!! HELP!

• 01-02-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey all, :pac:

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the best spray tan in Dublin? Got it done a few times in Urbana and its was disastrous! ran down over my hands, elbows were BLACK, got the medium colour and it wasnt dark enough esp on my shins. None of my friends will bother to go there again either for a tan.

Would love to hear what ye think :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think it's important to note not just the salon but the girl who does it. The different skill of different girls within the same salon is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd recommend Sun & Beauty on Dame St. 01-7071881

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

why not try and use sally henson legs yourself. it doesn't smell and if you mess it up you can just wash it off. only problem is it only lasts until you shower.... and can be dodgy if your in the rain.... and you probably shouldn't use it if your wearing white lol
    it's really good though and easy enough to put it on evenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Naturelle on Dorset st are good for it. 8727937 they use SunFX and Tantruth. Never had a problem with black elbows and hands, always just natural looking. It definitely must be the person doing it wrong if its goin all streaky. I got it done before by a mobile beautician in a tent and the soles of my feel ended up black for weeks - not a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

I got it done at Naturelle on Dorset St. and wasn't very happy with the results. Nice lady but though it was my first time getting a spray tan done, I showed her that the fake tan had run on to the palm of one of my hands, and she said it would be fine. It wasn't. It stayed and looked terrible. Very obvious place to have it as well so it was very noticeable. Also though I showered that evening after getting it done in the morning, it still came off onto my white sheets that night (not pretty either!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

Have you tried Planet Beach? They have a self-tanning booth. You buy the tan at the desk and you step into a room where the machine sprays you down....its very good...lots of different shades available

Are they only in Tallaght for Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

I'm not sure to be honest...I go to the one on Tallaght alright...only for the tan mind you. Not sure if there are any more in Dublin...I'll ask next time I'm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

I got it done at Naturelle on Dorset St. and wasn't very happy with the results. Nice lady but though it was my first time getting a spray tan done, I showed her that the fake tan had run on to the palm of one of my hands, and she said it would be fine. It wasn't. It stayed and looked terrible. Very obvious place to have it as well so it was very noticeable. Also though I showered that evening after getting it done in the morning, it still came off onto my white sheets that night (not pretty either!).

ye thats the down side to spray tan it does come off on the sheets
    and i had the tan rub off the palms before too(cos i touched wet tan not realising it would stain) and found the best way to get rid of it is kitchen spray cleaner! works a charm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 murnettie

I do spray tanning and i can tell you there is no way that it should run on to your palms (different story if you touch the tan with your hands, not much a tech can do to stop you, other than remind you) but a good tech, shouldnt spray so much that it runs on to our palms (i would say she had her gun dialed up too high) and should position you properly, However a good tip before you get sprayed is to cover your palms in a barrier cream (i.e. vasaline) and that way the tan wont take to your palms. If you are getting black elbows (which again you shouldnt be) it may be that you did not exfoliate properly, a lot of the times the skin on our elbows are quite hard and another good tip is to obviously exfolite on this area quite well all week before you have the tan and also dab a tiny amount moisturiser on the hard skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MissCelie

I'd recommend you do it yourself. I've got spray tans for weddings, holidays etc. tried all different types and was never happy with any of them. Too orange, streaky, patchy feet etc. When I do it myself, I start off a using a pair of exfoliating gloves in the shower and scrub my skin so that there are no dead skin cells. Then I apply moisturiser liberally, especially to knees and elbows (I find Nivea Q10 great and have been using it for years). After the moisturiser I use L'oreal Sublime Bronze tinted self tan. I always wear disposable gloves putting this on to avoid it staining my hands. I don't apply it to my feet until I have done my whole body. The tinted self tan is great as you can clearly see where it needs to go and it also means you have an instant tan. I finish off putting some tan on to a cotton ball and applying it to the back of my hands and fingers and then to my feet, making sure to cover my heels, tops of my toes, sides of my feet etc. The cotton wool makes sure you don't get too much colour concentrated in the dry areas of your feet / hands. That's it! I know it sounds like a lot of hard work, but you get used to the routine! I also had a beautican tell me it looked better than the one they apply in the salon. Best of luck!

Hey, thanks, I think you may be right. I want to get it done for this weekend as well and I'm going to have a go at doing it myself the night before and see how I get on. :)

Advertisement