Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah FFS some of these lads are struggling to run in a straight line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Today's the day everyone has been waiting for in Indy. Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers and Running Backs all doing their physical workouts. A few predictions:

RGIII to be fastest QB (shock horror)
    Chris Rainey to be fastest RB (and fastest of any position this year)
    Kendall Wright to be fastest WR, with Joe Adams and Stephen Hill not far behind.

Can't wait to see Kendall Wright, expect him to run in the low 4.3 range, and have a personal interest in Michael Floyd vs Justin Blackmon as to who is the better talent (edging towards Floyd these days but a quick 40 by Blackmon - anywhere in the 4.4s - will have me questioning myself.) Also looking forward to seeing how the system QBs do in the passing drills - Kellen Moore, Case Keenum etc.

Stephen Hill, Juron Criner, Joe Adams, Marvin McNutt and Gerell Robinson are of particular interest in the WR position also. The class is incredibly deep this year.

And last but not least, absolutely everyone will be glued to see if the Alshon Jeffery rumours are true - he needs a good 40.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live

4.41 for RGIII on his first run. Disappointing, should do better on his next one.

Edit: 4.38 second time round. He's a bit fast!

Michael Floyd killed it. Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Someone please tell Jamie Dukes you don't have to shout to get a point across

How does he have such a top job with NFL Network

Derrick Mason and Wille McGinest did some good work in the last few months, hire one of them

Sorry, way offtopic

• Advertisement

Stephen Hill, wow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

@ neilster Your right Kirkpatrick will probably go higher. Still doesn't change my opinion of him. I think he's a good chance of busting. But aren't a lot of the teams you mentioned picking in the late 1st round ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

Stephen Hill, wow :eek:

4.30 40 and a 1.20 10 yard spilt :eek:

RGIII wrote: »
    4.30 40 and a 1.20 10 yard spilt :eek:

4.31 second attempt, that's absolutely incredible for his size. No way he falls out of the mid-2nd round now.

To put that 1.20 ten yard split in perspective, Chris Johnson - the fastest electronically recorded 10 yard split and 40 yard dash in combine history - was 1.40. And he was 5'11 and 186lbs.

Stephen Hill is 6'4 and 215lbs. That's just impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

To put that 1.20 ten yard split in perspective, Chris Johnson - the fastest electronically recorded 10 yard split and 40 yard dash in combine history - was 1.40. And he was 5'11 and 186lbs.

Stephen Hill is 6'4 and 215lbs. That's just impossible.

As impressive as it is some scouts will put more of a negative on him for that, they'll ask why he didn't display that speed at GT, is he more for a track star then a football player. He still has quite poor hands. Sorta reminds Troy Williamson.

Stev_o wrote: »
    As impressive as it is some scouts will put more of a negative on him for that, they'll ask why he didn't display that speed at GT, is he more for a track star then a football player. He still has quite poor hands. Sorta reminds Troy Williamson.

I don't think his Georgia Tech tape will be as overly important as other receivers' college tape will be, their offence is probably the most predominant run-first offence in college football with their triple option. What would count against him more would be his body catches, although he looked pretty impressive today catching away from his body on the gauntlet. If anything, it shows he has work ethic, looks like something he's worked on. But that's his key - his physical talent was always elite, it's his game smarts that teams will want to examine now. I still think he's just outside the top 5 receivers in my own opinion - I had him as my 8th but might have to move him up a couple of places now - have to see how a couple from Group 2 do today.

The two big stars so far have been Cordy Glenn and Stephen Hill, who both trained with IMG in the build up to the draft. From Group 2, Mohamad Sanu, Eric Page, Russell Wilson and a guy I really like Gerrell Robinson among others were at the same camp. Be interesting to keep an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

When the wr's running the 40? Tommy Streeter from the U is meant to be a burner for a guy who is 6ft 5.

Update
    Tommy Streeter
    Miami
    6-5
    --
    --
    --
    9 1/2

not great from Kendall Wright
    Kendall Wright
    Baylor
    --
    --
    --
    8 5/8

RGIII vs Cam vs Luck. Great little GIF.

simul.gif

Here we go, its almost Chris Rainey time...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Joint fastest

Trent Richardson move over for Robert Turbin :eek:

Turbin.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

RGIII vs Cam vs Luck. Great little GIF.

simul.gif
    You can really see RG3's athletics background in that clip.

Impressive to see Luck's general stats so close to Newtons.

Today is the day we've all been waiting for - Rich Eisen runs his 40 yard dash :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

the more i see about rg3 the better he looks very intelligent man and hes got a better arm then i realised. who thinks rg3 has a better arm than cam did this time last year hes missing the size i know but hes quicker.

Michael Brockers has been tipped as 1st Round talent yet he only completed 19 reps of the bench press? That's pretty piss poor from a position that demands upper body power. Melvin Ingram posted 28 reps :eek: Power and Strength right there!!

Michael Brockers has been tipped as 1st Round talent yet he only completed 19 reps of the bench press? That's pretty piss poor from a position that demands upper body power. Melvin Ingram posted 28 reps :eek: Power and Strength right there!!

ingram looked incredible looks like he could be the first defensive player off the board

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Dontari Poe completed 44 reps and ran the 40 in 4.87. He weighs 346 lbs. That's a shade under 25 stone. What a beast.

Dontari Poe, a 6'4", 346lbs defensive tackle ran a faster 40 than Vontaze Burfict. Burfict is instantly out of the first 3 rounds after his disgraceful weekend. Such a shame, was a huge fan of his when he looked like a sure fire 1st rounder after his 2010 season.

Tank Carder posts a 4.56 someone will get a steal with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So Burflict sucks now does he? Would you mind posting his numbers from the weekend?

matthew8 wrote: »
    So Burflict sucks now does he? Would you mind posting his numbers from the weekend?

he dosent suck but hes a very very hit or miss player people see ray lewis because of his aggression but hes just not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Just watched a few of the workouts with Poe. That is a large man, doing some things a large man shouldn't be able to do.

How much will his stock be affected by this? Anyone know where was he predicted to be going before the weekend?

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »

6'1", 248lbs (overweight), 4.93 40 yard dash, Didn't take part in the bench press. Small arms too but I forget the exact measurement. He was phenomenal in 2010, was okay for the first half of 2011, things went downhill towards the end of the year (resulted in him getting benched). I thought a good combine would salvage a first round pick or early 2nd, but showing up out of shape and running that slow is just pathetic. Let's just say his interviews won't save him, he's already blamed as many people as he can for his poor year.

Advertisement