Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help finding a red wine please

• 30-11-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am trying to replace a red wine that was "accidently" drank at a party before the owner notices it is gone, I havent been able to find it yet. I don’t know anything about wine so any help would be appreciated. I’ve looked on all the online Irish websites and they don’t seem to have it

The label on the bottle is shiraz-grenache, vin de Pays d'Oc, J.P LeConte 2005.

Would anyone know where I could order or buy this wine or recommend one that would be similar quality that I can replace it with?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just follow this instructional video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donnitaLaurita

Im sure its pretty expensive alright but hopefully this will teach me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Would anyone know where I could order or buy this wine or recommend one that would be similar quality that I can replace it with?
    Thanks
    I'd have one of similar, if not better, quality in stock, a Rousillion Villages 2005. I'll pm you the shop address.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭mikep

Super Valu used to stock that...

Might be worth a look although the '05 might not be available any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Im sure its pretty expensive alright but hopefully this will teach me!

It's probably not expensive; my guess is under €10. perhaps €6-7. A "vin de pays" is generally second division stuff, and the Pays d'Oc is better known for good-value wines than fine wines. That said, if somebody gave me a bottle of that wine, I'd expect to find it very nice to drink: I like shiraz and I like grenache (grape varieties used in wine-making) and I particularly like them when they are grown in a sunny area like the Pays d'Oc.

A Rousillion-Villages such as Slaphead suggests would probably be a generous replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

if it said shiraz-grenache and not syrah-grenache then it is most likely not expensive. If your looking to replace it just go to your nearest wine shop and ask the sales assistant for a vin de pays that uses syrah-grenache. They should be able to help you if any use and as the previous poster said expect to pay on average 9-13 euro.

A Rousillion-Villages such as Slaphead suggests would probably be a generous replacement.
    Given the circumstances being generous might be appropriate! :D The bottle I've suggested is reduced from €22.50 to €12.99 so not OTT at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

if it said shiraz-grenache and not syrah-grenache then it is most likely not expensive....

Shiraz and syrah are the same grape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Shiraz and syrah are the same grape.

I am aware of that. But in France it is called Syrah and any self-respecting french viticulturist would make sure that the French spelling would be on the label and not the english one. Thats why I am suggesting it is probably cheap as in labeling it 'Shiraz' it is clearly targeting a specific market who would recognise the word Shiraz but be put off by the word syrah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 springer84

You can that wine in Centra about 6 quid

• Advertisement

springer84 wrote: »
    You can that wine in Centra about 6 quid

Sounds lovely.:rolleyes: donnitaLaurita got a replacement on Saturday and I'm sure she'll earn kudos by giving a better quality wine in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

LIDL buy a cheap red and bam bobs your tea pot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gabigee

Hi,
    I am trying to replace a red wine that was "accidently" drank at a party before the owner notices it is gone, I havent been able to find it yet. I don’t know anything about wine so any help would be appreciated. I’ve looked on all the online Irish websites and they don’t seem to have it

The label on the bottle is shiraz-grenache, vin de Pays d'Oc, J.P LeConte 2005.

Thanks
    Centra stock it...

Advertisement