Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Read this for EXAM tips

• 07-05-2005 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey does anyone have any tips for the following subjects. Here are the hints that I have heard. Also what are people planning on doing after school e.g. college, work?

CHEM:
    Section A: Bleach/Winkler titration, Thiosulphate titration, Ethanal/Ethanol, Chateliers Principle.
    Section B: Water treatment, chromatography, how indicators work, mechanism for a substitution reaction, history on scientists, radioactivity.

ENGLISH:
    Poets- Dickenson, Boland and Kavanagh
    Hamlet- Theme of death or revenge, Polonius, Claudius (good king, hero? etc) Hamlet (villain? Etc)
    Comparative- Theme or issue is meant to come up

GEOGRAPHY:
    Q2- Plate tectonics, Glaciation, Rivers (maybe)
    Q5- Italy/France into regions, core and peripheral, Coastal

BIOLOGY:
    Enzymes, plant reproduction, ecology, genetics, DNA, human systems, photosynthesis, respiration

Business:
    Law of contract, how the EU decides policies etc

ANY help appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nikkc17

also has anyone applied to the uk. and if so what course, do you get what you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Geo- Sea is supposed to be up, hasnt been up for two years i think i heard. Also field work + good regional is a great way to get an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I'd recomend doing three regions instead of just two for Geography. To be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

I applied to the UK, Teeside to be exact, I have a prelim acceptance and I also have my fees now paid also. Do you have a problem regarding your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

mechanism for a substitution reaction

wats tat again.

my f**king teacher is total **** we havent electolysis done and only half of the organic chem done.were finishing up the 19th and we wont get it done.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not really the best on chemistry and still have to get down to study it. Yeah I'm studying for the leaving myself at home. I have been accepted to Dentistry in Manchester but dont need any science subject just 3 A's and 2 b's.

Does anyone have any business hints I've never done it before but find it easy. What do you think will come up on that.

Yeah i heard that Coastal features will come up and I have spain, Italy and france learned into regions in Geog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 redkefka

From what i've heard, English- Comparative- Themes/Issues is extremely unlikely. It looks like Genre (AAARRGH) and General Vision and Outlook. They both came up in my mocks aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

nikkc17 wrote:
    Yeah i heard that Coastal features will come up and I have spain, Italy and france learned into regions in Geog.
    Don't get your hopes up. Nothing is definate. Coasts are very likely to come up.

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate any help!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Brendygg wrote:
    mechanism for a substitution reaction
    It's in the later parts of Organic Chemistry. Don't worry though, it is very easy to understand - it's just a series of steps that you have to remember. If you want any notes on Chemistry, I have loads - just let me know in a PM what areas you need and I'll try email them t you soon

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote:
    It's in the later parts of Organic Chemistry. Don't worry though, it is very easy to understand - it's just a series of steps that you have to remember. If you want any notes on Chemistry, I have loads - just let me know in a PM what areas you need and I'll try email them t you soon

Hey if you send me those chemistry note to nikkc17@hotmail.com i'll send you back all my english notes that i have types up?

nikkc17 wrote:
    Hey if you send me those chemistry note to nikkc17@hotmail.com i'll send you back all my english notes that i have types up?
    Which particular ones? Just organic chemistry? Cos I'm not sending all my notes, it'd take forever to scan! I can't do it this evening either cos I've a lot of work to do

well whatever you think you think is coming up? or whatever you can email. sure i can send u all my notes now cus there on my harddrive if you want?
    There is no rush...i know how busy you are!!

It's really more that none of these notes are on the computer - I'd have to scan them all in! So if you could just tell me which areas are your worst I can cut down the amount I have to send

If you would have any info on the following i'd be much obliged...

CHEM:
    Section A: Bleach/Winkler titration, Thiosulphate titration, Ethanal/Ethanol, Chateliers Principle.
    Section B: Water treatment, chromatography, how indicators work, mechanism for a substitution reaction, history on scientists, radioactivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Isabella

@ nikkc17. What kind of english notes do you have?poetry perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

Does anyone have an old History special topic they could give me?? I'm desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

inflight wrote:
    Does anyone have an old History special topic they could give me?? I'm desperate!

http://www.geocities.com/athlonelaura

this has a good few histoey essays, afew of which you could use for a special topic.

it saved my backside, i have just leart off 3 of the essays on that site(but dont tell ne1 ;) )

hope it helps :)

I have some poetry and some Hamlet....i really need comparative notes!!! help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

Thanks chilly, I used that one before too but was scared to use the S.Topic in case loadsa people had :-/ How did it save your ass do you mind me asking if you've only just learned them? I'm so so screwed.. we've never really written anything, I have basically the whole course to do, eep!!

• Advertisement

because i had nothing learnt before..... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

nikkc17 wrote:
    I have some poetry and some Hamlet....i really need comparative notes!!! help

If you're still in need of comparative notes Nikkc17 please PM me as I've some typed on my computer, I'm also in desparate need of some Hamlet notes - mine have gone MISSING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

The bishop of cork came to our school yeaterday and said in chemistry the bohr theoy of the electron and AAS was coming up???????? I know! How would the bishop know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

any chance you could tell him come to our school!! Could do with some divine intervention at this stage..

Hey yeah email me as i have some hamlet notes and need comparative notes....
    nikkc17@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

my advice is to cover all the syllabi. you might get lucky on one or two subjects but murphys law will tell you that the one thing you leave out will come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

http://www.geocities.com/athlonelaura

this has a good few histoey essays, afew of which you could use for a special topic.

it saved my backside, i have just leart off 3 of the essays on that site(but dont tell ne1 ;) )

hope it helps :)

Don't you think you've rather blown your cover? ;)

yes i have,that was my attempt at being comical. you see i know everyone in this board are nice people just trying to get by in this mischievous world so they understand to keep the sacred parchment of the stonecutters...i mean that website a secret.....

elementary my dear boy ;):D:):p :cool: :eek: :confused:

:confused:

Advertisement