Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It is snowing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Snow in shannon too. Where is my dog team!
    Mush!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just started snowing

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danielpaul

Rain in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

snowed over night in the city center but it's starting to sleet now. I'd say it'll be gone in an hr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Why are people wishing for snow? It causes nothing but trouble tbh, people like it at the start and then end up whinging about it after a day or two, snow on christmas day is the only snow I want to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Why are people wishing for snow? It causes nothing but trouble tbh, people like it at the start and then end up whinging about it after a day or two, snow on christmas day is the only snow I want to see.

1.) because we're irish its what we do, ask for something then whinge about it.
    2.)We're from limerick anything Dublin has we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got up to go to the gym this morning at 6 (it was lightly raining), hopped into the car, got to the t-junction at the end of my road, hit the brakes and the car kept going. I was doing no more than 10kph too.

Be careful today.... the roads are deadly (I turned around and went home - its not worth the risk)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mr E wrote: »
    Got up to go to the gym this morning at 6 (it was lightly raining), hopped into the car, got to the t-junction at the end of my road, hit the brakes and the car kept going. I was doing no more than 10kph too.

Be careful today.... the roads are deadly (I turned around and went home - its not worth the risk)

Yeah roads around Plassey are lethal and be careful in estates as the roads arent treated, was about two or three feet from hitting a wall last night in Ballyclough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

It's snowing in Annacotty again.

DSCN3166.jpg
    DSCN3167.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Coming down in sheets in Caherdavin now too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

quite heavy in Clonmacken now too.
    Bah i've got to go to college soon, brrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Looks like a mini blizzard!

Careful on the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hey..it just stared snowing here in Dooradoyle...pretty light though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Should be coming towards you, heavy flakes in mungret college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    hey..it just stared snowing here in Dooradoyle...pretty light though..
    I just got heavier here in Raheen within 10 minutes, I just got from the car in the car park to the building and looked like a large snowman when entering the building. The large wet snow flakes where sticking to my coat, hat and gloves. News spread rapidly that there is a snowman in the building, AKA it is snowing heavily outside. I expect it to be gone within a few hours.
    Just looked out the window it light up to tiny flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

snowing in old clare street :) wonder how long will last tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm in Caherdavin too and it's turning into a winter wonderland now!
    Heaviest snow I've seen in ages!

I hate to think of getting to Dunne's in the Jetland later though..:(

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

Nice heavy downfall at SCR, roads are very slippy be careful when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Nothing for it but put a log on the fire, open a bottle of wine and settle in for the afternoon....... and I believe there's a good horror movie on TV starting around 3.pm - and going on well into the night. :D

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

tippman1 wrote: »
    Nothing for it but put a log on the fire, open a bottle of wine and settle in for the afternoon....... and I believe there's a good horror movie on TV starting around 3.pm - and going on well into the night. :D

John.

I couldn't watch that. It's too scary. The monster in it is hideous

brian-cowen_1.705600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

any hope for any more? that wasnt much.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    tippman1 wrote: »

John.
    I couldn't watch that. It's too scary. The monster in it is hideous

brian-cowen_1.705600.jpg
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo................... I get me coat and drive in the snow, it is less scary. :o

zuroph wrote: »

I've been running a few weather models and analysing the current air temperature and pressure and I can safely say we may or may not get more snow this evening.

zuroph wrote: »
    According to the weather report that is it, I am afraid.
    Today will have the risk of the odd snow shower early on. However, it will soon turn drier with plenty of sunny spells during the afternoon. Staying cold with a moderate northerly wind. Max temp 2-5°C (36 to 41°F).

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/weather/munster/#ixzz17RABK0Mi

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I've been running a few weather models and analysing the current air temperature and pressure and I can safely say we may or may not get more snow this evening.
    :confused:
    It is as clear as a politician statement. Are you running in the next election by an chance?

Boooo go away sun!!:D

limklad wrote: »
    :confused:
    It is as clear as a politician statement. Are you running in the next election by an chance?

You'd nearly swear I meant it to be as vague as possible.

Anyone know what the roads are like from Raheen to Castletroy via Newport roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭source

limklad wrote: »
    According to the weather report that is it, I am afraid.

Don't be afraid it's just a weather report.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

I will post more in the Limerick photo thread.

IMGP7153-2.jpg

IMGP7106-2.jpg

Advertisement