Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Fair play to you Sera, sticking to your guns about the mansion in the first Tomb Raider game, I knew you were right!

Not a bad show, you guys probably could have gone into more detail in some areas however that's only a small point. Overall I thought it a good listen.
    I think everyone should listen to hear me catch Retr0 out on that *proudproud/it'sallihave*. Would have liked to talk more about TR3 and Lost Artefact a bit but ¯\('_')/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Cough , I am so stealing that idea for the youtube channel ;)
    (nah ..The PC I currently use for rendering would implode, also I dont actually know how to do any of that , also stealing is bad etc ...;))

Well if you ever need a hand just let me know and if I've the time I'll gladly help out with the composition/rendering.

Egoraptor was talking about doing Zelda for Sequelitis, linked to the podcasts ye did, rather anyone will see em is another thing.
    So anyway I'm listening to it again (since I was there)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to have a lot of free time to start recording again. Please can we start again before I turn into an uemployed, unshaven bum who wears nothing but boxers and a dirty t-shirt around the house. I need something to live for :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

A Darius vs Salmonhamburger debate is long overdue too!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Please can we start again before I turn into an uemployed, unshaven bum who wears nothing but boxers and a dirty t-shirt around the house. I need something to live for :'(
    ^ you're like this employed
    Waiting to do a music podcast like the other one did, think it would be much easier and hopefully get a few more people in with it.

And a beat em ups one, get Dr Doom in.
    I could join in, if DOA or Tekken got mentioned, could talk about some snes ones like Ranma 1/2, Doomsday Warrior and TMNT Tournament as well lol just gonna leave ye talk for SF yourselves

What happened to the 3 hour long special where we talked about Retr0gamer and his 'disease'? :pac:

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Retr0gamer and his 'disease'? :pac:
    Super Aids? or is it that thing your man has in Overblood?

Sera wrote: »
    Super Aids? or is it that thing your man has in Overblood?

No, his arm thing...

akira5.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm going to have a lot of free time to start recording again. Please can we start again before I turn into an uemployed, unshaven bum who wears nothing but boxers and a dirty t-shirt around the house. I need something to live for :'(

yus
    I still want in on something ..ANYTHING!
    This weekend is out as family stuff is happening , but I'm actually free most of the time at the mo so I could do the odd weekday if it crops up.

Would the whole concept of how arcade conversions got scaled down (or in rare cases didnt) for the 8 bit computers (and the glory that its the Mastersystem , plus that grey yoke nintendo threw together) and were so widely different between platforms and so on be a bit too vague of a topic?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you can talk about it for 30- 60 I think we'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Love to do a piracy podcast

Not to give tips but to look at the history and technology

Needs Enternow for his tech prowess

From recording tapes to burning discs

And i know the First ever Pirate..............

:D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Love to do a piracy podcast
    Not to give tips but to look at the history and technology
    I remember you saying that in the car, think it would be a great idea

Are you free this weekend Dinorex for a podcast? Nom Con is next week so be busy then

I'm free this weekend to invite myself along to one of these gigs. :)

We could do a shmup special if you come along.

woohoo.gif

Here, wait a sec... it's not in Coolock again is it?

riot+control.jpg
    riot-france.jpg
    burning-suv.jpg
    neworleans_looting.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Normally I'd defend Coolock. But seeing as I had a rock thrown at my head when leaving work the other night I guess I can't.

I'm having a bit of a crazy week... but I'll check and see what I can do this weekend and get back to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Would look forward to listening to that alright just as long as you don't ignore the elephant in the room -> Darius Vs Salamander/Everything else etc. :D

Lol at the pics pyong - no idea who or what that is in the first one.

Whenever I drive through the place I always pack 4 spare tyres and wheels in the boot as I'm sure the people that inhabit the place have the capability to nick your wheels while you are driving.

• Advertisement

2pm on Sunday okay for everyone?

DinoRex wrote: »
    2pm on Sunday okay for everyone?

Argh, might not be possible. Saturday is grand, Sunday morning too but alas not the afternoon. Sorry chief I shall have to sit this one out. :(

OK for me and Sarah, anyone else want to go so we can tailor the topic?

Atavan if you're free Sunday how about doing Pokemans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

OK for me and Sarah, anyone else want to go so we can tailor the topic?

Im in for sunday

Anyone for piracy:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can do Sunday but be warned, I'll be viciously hungover.

Me too!

Cho Aniki special so?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I sense a conspiracy against Pyonyang here - too afraid to go up against the might of Darius? :p

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I sense a conspiracy against Pyonyang here - too afraid to go up against the might of Darius? :p

I concur, plus I have an alibi for my being unable to attend so it's not me conspiring! They're just afraid of the Darius excellence that destroys all other shooting games in its path!

Advertisement