Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gardai are hounding me

Options
  • 17-12-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

i was involved in an accident 2months ago,i was a passanger in the car.in the last 2weeks the gard investigating the incident has been ringing me non stop looking for a statement,i told her i wasnt giving one.she rang at 6.45am yesterday and 4more times afterwards,shes after telling me now if im not over by tuesday to the station,shes going to come out and arreset me,there was 3other people in the car and theyve all given statements. guess im going to have to go to a solictor,but im really tight for money at the moment,is there any thing else i can do to get rid of her besides emigrating

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Give her a Statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why are you being stubborn? Why do you reckon you'll have to get a solictor? Did you cause the accident from the passenger seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

she has no right to say that. Unless if it was a stolen car , anyone who has information is obliged to give information. Ask her why this is going on, and say you are going to complain about her conduct.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i was involved in an accident 2months ago,i was a passanger in the car.in the last 2weeks the gard investigating the incident has been ringing me non stop looking for a statement,i told her i wasnt giving one.she rang at 6.45am yesterday and 4more times afterwards,shes after telling me now if im not over by tuesday to the station,shes going to come out and arreset me,there was 3other people in the car and theyve all given statements. guess im going to have to go to a solictor,but im really tight for money at the moment,is there any thing else i can do to get rid of her besides emigrating

what has being tight for money got to do with it?
    Just cop on and give the statement.

It could sway the case in favour of your friend/driver or indeed help whoever was not to blame get sufficient compensation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why not make her job easier and just give a statement?

Is there some reason you are not giving a statement :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is not a motors thread. I don't even know where to move this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement