Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applied for grant but husband got new job

• 24-07-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all, I have applied for the grant as a new applicant for this September. We have been on unemployment benefit since Jan 2013 so I am def entitled to it. Thing is my husband just got word of a new job that he is starting on Monday, with his earnings and with 3 children we will still be well within the income limits for me to get the grant. I am just wondering what will I do now? What will I need to send to susi regarding his new wages etc. Obviously her has no p60 or anything. Will this put my application way back up the list as susi are so slow as it is??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The grant is assessed on your 2013 income so you will be fine from Sep 2014 to Summer 2015

However obviously in September 2015 you would be reassessed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ckd

The grant is assessed on your 2013 income so you will be fine from Sep 2014 to Summer 2015

However obviously in September 2015 you would be reassessed

Thanks for that Joeytheparrot!

Advertisement