Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (no really)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Holy. Sh¡T!

Since I consider P4 the 2nd-best thing on PS2, I am HYPED! I hope it takes some cues from JoJo's. Also, Chie is mai waifu (so I got dibs)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

HOLY CRAP YES!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

As long as it plays like GG/BB I'll buy it, although has ArcSys ever done a fighter that wasn't like Guilty Gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'm fkn hype for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

As long as it plays like GG/BB I'll buy it, although has ArcSys ever done a fighter that wasn't like Guilty Gear?

I would love if they tried a new system for this, Blazblue is not completely dead, so they can try something new and exciting for this, especially since the Persona team are "intimately involved" on the development.

And it's getting an arcade release!

• Advertisement

Would their Sengoku Basara or Hokuto no Ken fighters count?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Naphiel wrote: »
    It's to be released in arcades in Spring 2012 in Japan and on PS3 and 360 in Summer.

I look forward to it's European release in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Would their Sengoku Basara or Hokuto no Ken fighters count?

I haven't played either of these games but I watched some videos and it looks like they both play like Guilty Gear, or probably more like Arcana Heart. Although having never played them I can't say for sure. However if the Persona 4 game plays like any of these I'll still play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

looks gay

• Advertisement

wDeB6RpF33Qqir96KMqv2rFAc5T15GvF.jpg

WB8623GZn2disP63ctNdKngaN2qflJ9P.jpg

Those, ladies and gents, are basically Stands.
    JoJo's spiritual successor CONFIRMED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

So hyped.

Sairus wrote: »

ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Looks colourful

Seems there is going to be a playable version at TGS this year! Probably a very early version but it's pretty cool to see some in-game actual play so early after an announcement...

There's also been a confirmation of a 4 button set up, which makes me think possibly A-B-C regular attacks with D being your Persona's set up. Just speculating though :)

source

And we got an official website...in Japanese: http://p-atlus.jp/p4u/
    There are no gameplay details at the site yet, but as the game's arcade version is scheduled to go playable next week at Tokyo Game Show...
    :D

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Seems there is going to be a playable version at TGS this year! Probably a very early version but it's pretty cool to see some in-game actual play so early after an announcement...

There's also been a confirmation of a 4 button set up, which makes me think possibly A-B-C regular attacks with D being your Persona's set up. Just speculating though :)

source

We expect you to be randomselect.ie's Japanese correspondent.

TGS is your first assignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pussum

there no atlus eu or arc system eu wonder who will publish this and so the waiting game begins

pussum wrote: »
    there no atlus eu or arc system eu wonder who will publish this and so the waiting game begins

It'll probably be Zen United. They do BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart - Arc System Work's other fighters.

And since Zen is involved, yes, we will be enjoying the waiting game for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

arc system eu

http://www.zen-united.biz/

Although given that they seem to be more interested in us being able to rest our wrists between Mei-Fang's breasts than actually bringing games out on time, the waiting game is still very much on (and on and on and on...).

Zen United or Ghostlight probably.

But we'll probably be importing from USA anyway.

Chie seems to have some of Kuradoberi Jam's kick moves from GG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just a heads up on this that Zen United will indeed be publishing this in Europe for 2012.
    Not a whole lot of information aside from that, but there ya go.
    http://www.personaeurope.com/

And while I'm here have some Japanese box art:

538174_301913196549699_166777336729953_650090_616144692_n.jpg

It'll be out in JPN on July26th, which is the same day as Aqua Pizza Pazza.

Both game are REALLY popular right now, Persona has a tonne of machines in Akihabara and they are always busy in the evenings. I think it'll do well sales wise. Interestingly enough, Persona is the first game that I've seen more than a handful of female gamers play together in the arcade too. Usually you may see a few of them on Aqua Pazza, and even fewer on SFIV (if at all).

Link

Monkeyto wrote: »
    It'll be out in JPN on July26th, which is the same day as Aqua Pizza Pazza.
    Might pick this up for a larf when I stop off in Tokyo :D

..though probably not. I have no interest in playing this game. Have you tried it out, Monkey?

Have to say of all the Arcsys fighters this one is easily the most visually attractive to me. Think it's the bright colours and the character designs seem a little less... Arcsys-ee, probably because another team was behinf them :D

Yeah I have played it a good bit. For me, it feels very BB, and honestly I wouldn't be able to tell the subtle difference between the 2. Visually it's a feast.

I'll buy it when it comes out, along with AP. It's a fun game and I prefer the chars in this to BB. Kuma is good fun for trolling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

the character designs seem a little less... Arcsys-ee, probably because another team was behinf them :D

They still managed to have 2 characters with no feet though. :p

Can't say I've been terribly interested in this, probably will buy it and play it for a week anyway because.... I dunno I must hate myself. :pac:

Advertisement