Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jofspring wrote: »
    Still love to know how they are getting away with that. Between them and the Savoy hotel.

Isn't the Savoy Hotel section actually their own land though?(other than the loading bay) - Or do you mean out the back in the Alley?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Berty wrote: »
    Isn't the Savoy Hotel section actually their own land though?(other than the loading bay) - Or do you mean out the back in the Alley?

Didn't think it was. I mean out the front. Set down with cars parked in it. People parked in the loading bay to the left sticking out into the lane in traffic causing cars to move into middle lane to avoid. Buses having to drop people off at the hotel by parking in the lane on the road because cars are parked in the set down. Seems to be the same few cars also.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Didn't think it was. I mean out the front. Set down with cars parked in it. People parked in the loading bay to the left sticking out into the lane in traffic causing cars to move into middle lane to avoid. Buses having to drop people off at the hotel by parking in the lane on the road because cars are parked in the set down. Seems to be the same few cars also.

I parked there once at around 10 at night collecting a pizza and came back to a dead battery. Was gone 10 mins max and the car never gave trouble after that even with said battery. Karma had a go at me that night. Haven't parked there since :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Did anybody else see the brilliant Building Ireland programme on Limerick last week?
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/building-ireland-30002926/10512520/

I'm a blow in but I found it fascinating, anybody from the vicinity of St John's cathedral will love it, interesting stuff about the streetscape, the docks and the bridges also, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I didnt see any on the shelf on Maplain. must check website
    No they dont have any

they have had plenty yesterday. check the last stand in the right corner of the shop

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cobblestone Joes have cut all music from sunday to thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »

Thank **** for that. I quite enjoyed going there for a pizza and a beer but the two hour sound check that the band would do each time I went was really putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Hardly surprising. They couldn't have been making money having live music every night. Most pubs are struggling to even have it one night of the week. The place isn't exactly huge either.

zulutango wrote: »
    Thank **** for that. I quite enjoyed going there for a pizza and a beer but the two hour sound check that the band would do each time I went was really putting me off.

What are their pizzas like?

What are their pizzas like?

The best in Limerick, I would say (if you prefer a thin base).

• Advertisement

Might sample one tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

+1.

Can't think of any nicer pizza in Limerick.

Pizzas are nice but too dear not filling at all
    They have decide now are they a restaurant or mudic venue

Pizzas are nice but too dear not filling at all
    They have decide now are they a restaurant or mudic venue

They're a pub that sells pizza, and does music too. Works for me.

There lovely just saying not filling shared one that was 13 euro but we werent going to get another one for 13euro for a quick bite.
    Music is gone or going it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jmch81 wrote: »
    +1.

Can't think of any nicer pizza in Limerick.

Ye've clearly never been to Papa Gino's, LaCucina or LaPiccola Pizzeria then?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ye've clearly never been to Papa Gino's, LaCucina or LaPiccola Pizzeria then?

I've been to La Cucina and Piccola. Admittedly, I haven't tried pizza in La Cucina. I look forward to trying it out though! It's a pity it's out in the suburbs. I hate having to drive places for food! Cobblestone Joe's is handy for me as I can just stroll down there after work and get pizza and beer and meet a friend or two, and then stroll home. I'm not a fan of the pizza in Piccola. I've had better frozen pizzas from Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Papaz does a nice thin base pizza also. Must try cobblestone joes though as they look tasty in the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm getting old. Bloody hell. An awful young crowd in Costelloes the last few times I've been there.
    I like the vibe, the music, and the type of people who go there. It's just a pity, I'm almost 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Indeed, and I think they deserve a huge amount of credit for trying to bring something different to Limerick over the last few years. It's a cracking spot in my view.

No surprise that they have to cut music during the week. You have to sell a lot of pints to make it pay for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Spotted my first Double Decker today. 1 of 4 going to be introduced on the 304 route in the next few weeks.

2ic85k3.jpg

Where would I get a replacement fly button for jeans in Limerick? The rivet type you hammer on.

M-0065-lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Where would I get a replacement fly button for jeans in Limerick? The rivet type you hammer on.

M-0065-lg.jpg

Have you tried Hickey's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Spotted my first Double Decker today. 1 of 4 going to be introduced on the 304 route in the next few weeks.

2ic85k3.jpg

Yeah I saw an 'out of service' one going down Childers Road the other day. Must be testing out the route.

About time they were reintroduced in limerick. The buses are constantly overcrowded on the route at peek times.

Have you tried Hickey's?

Haven't tried anywhere yet to be honest. Nothing like it on the hickeys website. Mammy Goodman suggested the Zip Yard after my post. They might just stick a new button on there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Never even thought of Lena's. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I wouldn't use Zip Yard ever again. Ruined a coat of mine a while back. Rip off prices too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red King wrote: »
    I wouldn't use Zip Yard ever again. Ruined a coat of mine a while back. Rip off prices too.

I use Zip Yard all the time and have never had a problem with them. I agree though that they are a bit more on the pricey side.

• Advertisement

Thanks Foble. Got that button in Lenas.

Spotted the double decker on Hyde rd. Thought it would a be 161 but its an ancient 152 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement