Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

• 23-12-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

This thread is an opportunity for pregnant women to have a little moan if they are so inclined today. Whether or not you are pleased as punch, feel free to have a nice whinge about the itch, the stretch, the Pubis Symphsys Disorder or the hairy belly. Let loose.

THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR OTHERS TO MOAN ABOUT PREGNANT WOMEN IN THEIR LIVES!

So I will start.
    Today I am 12 weeks. Pleased as punch.
    But........
    feel like headbutting every customer in the shop today.
    Itchy as hell.
    Still morning sick now with over 7 weeks.
    Delighted to still be awake at the ungodly hour of 10.40pm. Usually I would have dozed off by 9pm.
    There. I feel better already...... doze.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Could have done with moaning here, moaned in the pregnancy thread instead...to say that I feel bad is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I just wanna moan about the fact I cannot have a beer over the festive period. Normally doesnt bother me not to drink but I think I'll have a problem with it come Xmas night!
    But then again I too have been asleep before 9 since I found out I was expecting!

Don't know how I'm going to stay awake tonight to get everything ready for DS. Most nights I am asleep before him!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Ooh a moan! Fabulous! :D

Ok I'm ready to pop! I'm disgusted that this little one hasn't come early! I don't know quite what I was expecting but I wanted to be able to enjoy my Christmas dinner without:

- Getting full very quickly
    - Needing to pee every 45 seconds
    - Worrying about having a glass of wine with my dinner
    - Worrying about my waters breaking all over my mother-in-laws new floors
    - Worrying about going into labour and having to spend christmas in pain and have the baby arrive christmas day and forever be known as 'Jesus'!

I can't sleep. I'm still awake at 4am every morning. Then I sleep for a couple of hours then have to get up and pee and I'm awake again.

Getting up is a problem too. My SPD is killing me. Turning over in bed takes about half an hour and many moans and groans.

My hands and feet are fat and puffy and my wrists are killing me.

Thank god it can only go on for a little while longer... I can't wait to meet the baby and know that its all been worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

dont get me started! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I've spent most of christmas crying because I am so tired and have way too many hormones for my own good.
    I'm annoyed that I am feeling so sick...I will not be partaking in christmas dinner. You suck kidneys....you SUCK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

hacked wrote: »
    I've spent most of christmas crying because I am so tired and have way too many hormones for my own good.
    I'm annoyed that I am feeling so sick...I will not be partaking in christmas dinner. You suck kidneys....you SUCK.
    Huge hugs...neither of us are having easy pregnancies but we have beautiful babies to look forward to. My little guy was kicking (is, he is back to it again) and I love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I can really identify with the hormones run amok, last time I only cried once over a donkey sanctuary advert on the telly (I went off to bed in hysterics!), but this time I seem to cry at the drop of a hat. Sad songs, happy songs, DD being lovely, DD being a toddler, hubby being great, hubby being a man. You name it. Its the loss of control over everything that gets me, I LOVE being in control especially of myself. I can feel "possessed" some days. Poor hubby is waiting for my head to start spinning and pea soup to spew from me!
    And today the tiredness. But DD and hubby and I are all off to bed now for at least a one hour nap. We'll all be hopefully quite sane again by 3.30p.m. and I will feel more like cooking and less like throwing the turkey out the kitchen window.
    On a positive note, Santa came and it was good. DD has spent the entire morning playing with her new cooker and pots and pans. Who knows, next year I may retire from the Christmas culinary fray altogether.
    Wishing the very best of all good things to all the lovely boards members I have been privileged to meet in the last two years. Nollaig Shona Daoibh go leir.
    xxx :D doze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

So glad I'm not alone at being peeved not being able to drink Christmas day!
    I wouldn't mind but generally I don't drink and I'm normally the designated driver at Christmas but would've loved a glass of west coast cooler today!

If that's the worst I have to worry about then I can't complain really :)

Baby is kicking the living daylights out of me all day though she'll only kick when hubbie puts his hand on my tummy, she won't perform for anyone else.
    Think we have a daddys girl in the making :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I have toddler twins. Until now, one or the other of them usually woke up at least once a night for a cup of water and a diaper change. Now they finally sleep through, but I can;t because I have to get up pee so often!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had a miserable night last night. Didn't do a lot yesterday but when I went to bed I started getting fairly bad braxton hicks that were effectively pushing the little guys head lower and lower. So between them I'd have nearly nodded off only to wake up with that horrible sharp pain. It went on all night. I'm fecking destroyed now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not as bad as some of you! But Lord am I huge this time around!! I can't bend over to tie my shoes, I can't bend over the cot to put Addison to bed, I can hardly carry her around anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I want a premature baby!! I'm awful mother I know. I'm an awful person. But I don't like my baby these days...really really. I don't think she likes me either. OK, I do like her, but I would just like her a lot more OUT of me. I just want the next 10 weeks ot be over, or else the little girl to decide whether she is going to be an early arrival.

Having really bad lower back pains etc. The mother is worried I am going into labour, but I will not beleive it till baby is half way out. It's going to take a lot to drag me back to the hospital!

Not as bad as some of you! But Lord am I huge this time around!! I can't bend over to tie my shoes, I can't bend over the cot to put Addison to bed, I can hardly carry her around anymore!

I was out shopping with a friend in Dundrum the other week and had to have my friend tie my shoe laces in the middle of River Island. Very embarrassing! :o

I was out shopping with a friend in Dundrum the other week and had to have my friend tie my shoe laces in the middle of River Island. Very embarrassing! :o

I was over in Manchester at the weekend and didn't bring sensible shoes (silly me, snow was forecast!!), so we headed off to Matalan where I picked up a cheap pair of trainers. Wanted to change into them right away so went outside and re-laced them. Took my shoes off and put trainers on and then went to bend down and tie them... Wasn't happening!! My partners father asked me did I need a hand and rather than have him bend down and tie my shoes for me I went to find somewhere to sit down and do it!! Embarrassed or what! :o

I hate the way my feet got all neglected and hard-skinned last time. This time I have asked for pedicures to begin when it becomes difficult to bend over and get at my feet myself.

I have to start physio next week to prevent my SPD from flaring up again. It has started already (only 12 weeks/) I'll be in a wheelchair by the end if I don't get it sorted.

And I have a cough. Which means I leak. :mad:

My buggering back tooth snapped today when I was happily munching away on a bag of skittles.
    Does anyone know if the dentist can give you pain killers when you're preggers?

I can still reach my feet (just!) but haven't seen 'down there' in weeks & my belly button has dissapearred!

Moan over :)

I think once you are over the 3 mth mark they switch from Lidocaine to a different one Carbocaine or something.... not professional advice, but do talk it over when you are making your appointment. Make sure they use two lead aprons if you need any xrays done although the dosage is very low. I had a dental xray without realizing I was a few days gone this time and freaked out and got back onto the dentist when I found out but he reassured me that Id be ok and that the dosage is so low you would need thousands of xrays on your mouth to have any effect. Good luck.

Last night I bounced on my ball for ages, had a curry AND we did the dirty need to try and get this baby out. All that happened was that the baby got hiccups!

Thanks for the advice Target Widow, I'm hoping I might get away with a filling but think it might need to be pulled :eek: not impressed, I don't do going to dentists!

poor poor little child. RAOFLMAO!
    Hiccups.
    Bouncy bouncy, followed by curry followed by horsey horsey.

Thats a recipe for hiccups alright! Although tonight it sounds like a fun night in!
    Good luck babe! Hope your babog arrives safe and soon.;)

• Advertisement

Last night I bounced on my ball for ages, had a curry AND we did the dirty need to try and get this baby out. All that happened was that the baby got hiccups!

Sending labour vibes your way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

hi girls, read these boards regularly but am ashamed to say i rarely post due to laziness :) id like to join the moan though :) i hav a little boy who has just turned 3 and when in i was pregnant with him i was lucky enough to stay wearin my old clothes that were a bit bigger for the whole 9 months and never had the problem of paintin my toenails etc. but im only 26 weeks now and can't wear the same clothes or shoes as i was wearin at 9 months last time!!! i can barely turn around in the car! and i can't clean up the dog poo in my garden without vommitting! my little man has eczema and at the moment a cough so he's not sleepin at night and iv just recently decided i hav to force some veg and pregnacare vitamins down my troath cos the only thing that i want is takeaways and junk food which is so annoyin as im normally so healthy and active.
    sorry to join in to be so negative on the rare occasion i actually post :) hope you'r all as well as can be today xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i'm four days overdue :eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

my last was 12 days overdue

i'm cranky yesterday and today

i want it out so i can sit down on both cheeks

i'm allergic to curry:(

every niggle i'm thinking yes here we go... and then it's wind cos i ate a chocolate sweet or too much fizzy water.... i'm seiously looking at the trampoline now...

cbyrd wrote: »
    i'm four days overdue :eek::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

my last was 12 days overdue

i'm cranky yesterday and today

i want it out so i can sit down on both cheeks

i'm allergic to curry:(

every niggle i'm thinking yes here we go... and then it's wind cos i ate a chocolate sweet or too much fizzy water.... i'm seiously looking at the trampoline now...

I feel your pain hun! Due dates are cruel... you know theres no guarantee that they'll come that day but you kinds expect it anyway! I'm disgusted!

I thought maybe things were gonna happen this morning, I was quite crampy and getting a few tightenings. As soon as I got up to pee all was well again.

I have been doing a fair bit of tidying and sorting out of things today... dunno if thats nesting or just cos my Pop is coming to stay tomorrow - to see his first grandchild that hasn't bothered to arrive! Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

No one to blame but myself on this one, but as I'm an impatient so and so I decided to have No. 2 before I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight after first baby so I have a feeling I am going to be a big whale for this pregnancy. Already I feel 'stodgy' and I'm only over 5 weeks gone.

I know in the greater scheme of things there are more important things to worry about but I can't help it :(

Just back from two days visiting my sister in Cork county and this cough is cracking me up. Bought some Tena Lady but thought they'd be classified like normal STs so bought the heavy duty "extra" ones thinking they'd have wings. Landed in cork and needed to fix one up and nearly had a spasm in the toilet when I take it out of the wrapper (it did seem a bit bulky mind you) and saw it. IT WAS FECKIN HUGE! Like about a foot long and about two inches thick! You could string a couple of women along it! Anyway had to use it as I hadn't any others and the house is in the middle of nowhere. It was so huge on me my sister commented "oh how cute. Youre only 12 weeks and you are waddling already!" She got a great laugh when I explained my waddling was down to not being able to get my legs together because of the small pillow I had in my knickers. :D

SO they're for the bin anyway. Am going back to the smaller size I used before. So depressing only being in my late 30s and having to use these yolks! Feel like a pensioner. :( You know that character from little britain that piddles everywhere all over the floor...... that one.

Thank you for making me laugh so hard that I nearly went into labour :D

Keep feeling like my waters are leaking... maybe tmi... sorry girls. But it's a PITA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

targetwidow that's so funny!! i have to say i've been blessed this time i've no bladder complaints at all not even getting up in the middle of the night...:D

5 days over now and i'm starting to lose the will to get up in the mornings.. i've been so tired yesterday and today i think i'd be too tired to push anyway!!!:D:eek: i'm afraid to leave the house there's so many people with the question... do they honestly think i'll keep it secret???:D

i'm starting to take bets now.. hopefully thursday they might start me off... fingers crossed.. if they send me home i'm going to open the bottle of brandy i got for christmas!!!:D;)

Will we open a book on what day Cbyrd goes into labour? Fiver says tomorrow.:D Just don't make me laugh too hard. Same effect as coughing!

• Advertisement

I didn't post an update on Facebook yesterday so today I had a few txts and phone calls from people wondering if the baby had arrived!

The answer is a big fat NO! :mad:

Advertisement