Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Chilling in the shade :cool:

12819486423_a10346681d_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

in the morning we say goodbye to a car that i always thought i couldn't wait to say goodbye to. but as tomorrow draws closer and closer i can't help but feel bad for it. its been a whirlwind, it's taken us to college, its taken us to job interviews and jobs, its taken us on holidays, its been all over the country with us in the pissings of rain and the blasting sunshine. its been through 2 different apartment moves with us. it was the car that sparked the conversation that established the relationship with my wonderful gf those years ago, it's the car we used to "cruise" in when we were those a years younger :P and the car that meant i didn't really need one anymore. been there through thick and thin, good and bad and never asked for much. it's with more than a little regret that i bid a fond farewell to the polo tomorrow.

i can honestly say i've never felt this bad letting any car go before, any my name isn't even on the logbook of this one :(

po-love_zps85371178.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice little story. It's always nice to see that a car is more than just a car for some people.

Time for a new car, new adventures and memories now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Better post pics of the new one!

Join astra owners network too, great resource.

Better post pics of the new one!

Join astra owners network too, great resource.

already picked up a set of pressed plates and a california scents for the new car. but that's all that's on the menu for it bar a couple of coats off sealant. will have a peek at the forum :)

• Advertisement

Word of advice, get the opel flaps. Without them the spray is a bitch (I tried them off) and the rear arches are known to chip badly.

Word of advice, get the opel flaps. Without them the spray is a bitch (I tried them off) and the rear arches are known to chip badly.

it had them fitted during the week as park of the deal (genuine opel contoured ones) :) couldn't handle the thought of taking a white car out with nothing shielding the harsh sling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Glanza>Polo just saying :P:P

Ah I'm joking really, there is something really nice about a car that you have a relationship with and becomes a friend and someone you can depend on to be there for you. Sounds awful ghey but I'm sure most people here have felt that way about a car at some point!

It's like when I finally got the clutch change finished in my car. Couldn't stop smiling that night when I finally had my friend back :o

Still doesn't stop everything. I've a few chips alright but the white hides it well. Pity the ones on the bumper show as black though. Paint seems a bit soft though, thankfully not as bad as my last Mazda, but most modern paint is.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Glanza>Polo just saying :P:P

Ah I'm joking really, there is something really nice about a car that you have a relationship with and becomes a friend and someone you can depend on to be there for you. Sounds awful ghey but I'm sure most people here have felt that way about a car at some point!

It's like when I finally got the clutch change finished in my car. Couldn't stop smiling that night when I finally had my friend back :o

the glanza is my little toy, just something to own because i want it, mainly because its a late 90's toyota, the last of the good ones. but the polo, now astra is our day to day car.

surprised you still have the levin tbh :P whats the hold up?
    Still doesn't stop everything. I've a few chips alright but the white hides it well. Pity the ones on the bumper show as black though. Paint seems a bit soft though, thankfully not as bad as my last Mazda, but most modern paint is.

does it really chip that easily? do your wheels stick out of the arches much? ours is on the standard 18's. have you had any issues with yours yet or has it all been sailing?

• Advertisement

It does chip, I'd ordered a red one originally but changed to white from reading about it. It's no worse than other cars but the back arches being so flared they can get it. Wheels are tucked in nearly, the 20s are flush.

I've one minor one on my bonnet and a couple of tiny ones on the bumper. Touch up paint and the DA will sort it in the morning if it's dry.

I had my nav pack it in (I did do a hack though) but other than one headliner rattle (again to sort tomorrow) it's been faultless. Only has 24k on it though but I'm impressed so far and I would never have considered an opel before this. They are big and heavy for their class though so driving it on a bit uses the go go juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

the glanza is my little toy, just something to own because i want it, mainly because its a late 90's toyota, the last of the good ones. but the polo, now astra is our day to day car.

surprised you still have the levin tbh :P whats the hold up?

Well I did the NCT that I failed because of a cracked windscreen, then the exhaust fell off, then I did a retest because of the cracked windscreen, then the clutch started slipping :rolleyes:THB I'm quite sick of it even though it's perfect now. I'm writing the ad as we speak and it will be going live shortly :)

There has been a bit of a holdup on the replacement too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I'm the same, get so emotional when a car moves on. Hate the thought that it could be abused by it's future owner. :P (Ok get a grip) :pac:

I'm the same, get so emotional when a car moves on. Hate the thought that it could be abused by it's future owner. :P (Ok get a grip) :pac:

Or the chance of someone from Mayo buying it.

Ohmagurrrd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Behave! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What's wrong with Mayo people buying it??

What's wrong with Mayo people buying it??

Could be worse i suppose could be somebody from....

Roscommon :(

I've taken a new owner up on the condition of an old car. Not my place but couldn't resist when I saw the cut of the car a few months after trading it.

Say whaaaaaat? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Or worse again Leitrim! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Or worse again Leitrim! :D

Or worse again Donegal:mad:

Few posts later all counties will be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not Dublin though, Dublin is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

CianRyan wrote: »
    Not Dublin though, Dublin is great.

+1 wot he says:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anyone got any pictures of cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Anyone got any pictures of cars?

1623699_685140334861527_973363735_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I used to have a little Fiesta that I saved. I put a lot of my time in to it and by the time I had it done, it was a cracker of a car. A wonderful example by then.

Time cones to sell it. I sold it to a chap I knew, it was for his mrs. No better car for the job, it went to him.

My mistake. I now had to watch my once pampered car get thrashed and driven into the ground. Last I saw of it was in my yard changing a shock. My new front arm in bits, my winter tyre blew to bits and worst was the drop link I ordered in completely ruined. It was a very sad job on that car.

Count yourselves lucky that a car you once cherished may never be seen again because you may not like what you see. I know I was fairly upset and angry at that to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weird sunlight playing havoc with ipad camera :)

f6v7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Few pictures from last nights events, brake fluid change for moi, and a rebuilt alfa :pac:

2dtnfwi.jpg

2ch57pw.jpg

My car became the workbench for the V6 :pac: Pictures a bit blurry but you get the idea :P

294mn3b.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement