Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My wife's breast cancer ordeal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Fingers, toes and more crossed for tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

All the best

Like all the above say, wishing the very best for you both .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Scan went well, might have results on Friday.
    She is just out of the shower and her hair came out in anger while she was in there, very upset.

Another page turned now. She just told me to shave it off.

When she gets good news on Friday she will be in better form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I used to say that the hair loss was a sign that the chemo was working and that if it was making me feel bad it was going to make it feel a lot worse. I know that the wait for the results is hard. Best wishes.

Just when I thought I was strong, She broke down when I was about to do it and then I did too and I just couldn't do it.

She is going to try a hairdressers tomorrow instead.

I'm such a wuss

I got it done in a hairdressers too - you think that you will not get upset about it but when it happens it is very traumatic. A wig can help as prop more than anything so that you know that you ca look normal for the day if you want to. I was lucky that I could wear hats as it was the winter for me.

Best of luck tomorrow .

Im praying that you get good news tomorrow. I really am. My heart goes out to both of you during this battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

a world of good luck for tomorrow, and you're FAR from a wuss ! All the best to you both...

Thanks everyone but I dont think we will find out tomorrow, no word from the hospital and it wasn't a given that we would.
    The Hermitage said Beaumont would have the results in 2 to 3 days and tomorrow is day 3 so I dont think we will find out tomorrow.

Just for the record. Her sister shaved her head today and the kids were running around with her bandanas on, unbelievably funny, we were in stitches.
    The kids keep you going:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Johnnie, it's great to have a laugh along the way. A sense of humour will help you get through a lot in life. Have my fingers crossed for a good result today.

Any news

Second cycle of Chemo today and it went well. The best part of the day was when we were called in to be told the MRI was all clear and it's just a bit of fatty tissue. The dont know how to put the relief I felt down in words so we will leave it at that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's fantastic news Johnnie, I'm delighted for you both.

That is brilliant news - I am thrilled for you.

Man is this good news or what :D as we said there are good days and bad days today is a good 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Fantastic to hear such great news johnnie- continued best wishes to the 2 of you and the children.
    Well done on your good spirits and ability to keep the sunny side up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Monday 21.30
    Breast Cancer: No Laughing Matter

Comedienne and writer Anne Gildea discusses her battle with the illness, revealing how she manages to balance treatment with a busy schedule of gigs and rehearsals. Using a combination of documentary footage and video diaries, the programme follows Anne for six months as she tries to maintain her sense of humour - but she soon realises some things in life are simply not funny at all.

All seems to be going well so far after the second cycle on Monday last. I'm feeling it's like the calm before the storm seen as what happened the last time :rolleyes:.

Do something nice before the start of each batch of chemo - I do not remember the chemo but I do remember the things that we did on the good days in between.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Do something nice before the start of each batch of chemo - I do not remember the chemo but I do remember the things that we did on the good days in between.

We did that all right. Had a great Saturday last week all four of us and then Sunday over in the Mammy's for dinner.

She has an annoying cough that she cant seem to get rid off so that's not helping.

I remember being scared of colds too - I was told to avoid children but of course I did not - my cousin's young children were the way I got through it as I got away from it for a while.

This whole thing is doing my head in.
    She has had a cough for about 6 days and she rang the hospital today and back in she went. A bloody sore throat now and back on another antibiotic if her temp goes over 38oC they'll keep her in this time.

It was at 37.5 when she was going to bed so I'm gearing my self up for it to be over 38 in the morning.

Havin a bad folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JohnnieK wrote: »
    It was at 37.5 when she was going to bed so I'm gearing my self up for it to be over 38 in the morning.

My girlfriends on treatment at the moment and is starting her final cycle tomorrow, thank god!
    But as for temperature issues, one thing i noticed is that her body temp will nearly always go up in the late evening.(i dont know if this is the same for everyone) A few weeks ago it practically stayed at 37.7 for 3 hours. She decided it would be more worthwhile getting some sleep and seeing how it was in the morning and the going into the a&e if needs be.
    She got up and it was 36.3. She was brewing a bit of a cold in those days, but the docs said that the antibiotics do their job and will fight the infection.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    This whole thing is doing my head in.
    She has had a cough for about 6 days and she rang the hospital today and back in she went. A bloody sore throat now and back on another antibiotic if her temp goes over 38oC they'll keep her in this time.

Havin a bad folks.
    Sorry to hear that, it does get better.

Everything much better today. Kids as good as gold the temp is not going up much still in the 37's but she is feeling fine.

• Advertisement

Glad that she is feeling better today - it is a rollercoaster journey.

Advertisement