Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Doing a very muggish accumulator tonight as I am broke and just want to have an interest in the games :P

Man City
    Tottenham
    Bristol City
    Benfica
    and Sporting Braga

All to win.

Stake: 5 euro
    Returns: 61.25

Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

So far for tonights games ive went with Sunderland Dnb (will be up for it after beating city, although as chelsea found out wigans a tough place to go)

Spurs West Brom over 2.5 goals (Spurs have being scoring for fun at home and with shane long for WBA theres a goal in it for them.

Now the 3rd part of my treble im thinking of doing Liverpool on the corner handicap as it has proved valuable in the past. Any opinions on it they are 11/10 +1 corner or 9/4 -1. looking for something to complete my treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

The first two parts of your double look like good value bets. Why risk losing it on the city game where things are very unpredictable? There are more premier league games in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

copa del rey is on tonight might be some bet boosters in there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

inforfun wrote: »
    Great post.
    Only thing is that Amrabat will not play indeed for Karabukspor since he is playing for Kayserispor.

Cheers.

Damn Turks and their similar looking named football teams! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

So whats the feelings on the free bet for the city game.

I like what yessno is proposing by just playing it safe and then taking a risk with the free 50. Its very easy to get roped into gambling away 50 euro simply because there was an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

What do you guys reckon is the best way of laying Tottenham to score 2 or 3 goals?

Over 3.5 total goals or under 1.5 Tottenham goals? Have Spurs 2 or 3 goals as the only remaining part of an accumulator. Open to any other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    So whats the feelings on the free bet for the city game.

I like what yessno is proposing by just playing it safe and then taking a risk with the free 50. Its very easy to get roped into gambling away 50 euro simply because there was an offer.

I also like the look of the low risk under 3.5 1st half goals at 1/80 for the first 50 but Im more inclined to take a bit of a chance with the in play bet.

I usually go for a 1/1 shot in running with the free 50 but tonight Im gona look for something around 3/1'ish .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

dammit the Mersin game has been removed from Bwin, why did I not place the bet this morning?! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Ive decided to go over 0.5 first half goals. 50 euro returns me 20 aslong as there is a first half goal which I think there will with both teams quite tired.

That allows me then the free 50 euro bet which il most likely do on corners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

markc91 wrote: »

Now the 3rd part of my treble im thinking of doing Liverpool on the corner handicap as it has proved valuable in the past. Any opinions on it they are 11/10 +1 corner or 9/4 -1. looking for something to complete my treble.

Why not take Liverpool over 4,5 corners @1.66 (bet365)?
    They average 8.4 corners away from home. Probably wont get that tonight but 5 corners does look far from impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

With the way the results have been going, I am tempted to do West brom and wigan in 2 singles and a small double.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Man City v Liverpool - Double Result X
    Draw/Man City @ 4/1

Tottenham v West Brom - Match Betting X
    Tottenham @ 4/11

Wigan v Sunderland - Match Betting X
    Draw @ 11/5

treble is just under 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Did the following in Bambury's:
    Man City v Liverpool draw (5/2)
    Wigan v Sunderland draw (9/4)
    Tottenham v WBA - Tottenham HT/FT (10/11)

Treble of €8 returns €173

Good feeling.

Asian cards on the tottenham game is 1.75 0ver 2.

That seems very low for a premier league game even if the ref isnt the strictest.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Encase people don't know Suarez isn't playing tonight. He accepted the eight game ban. I got through 55 pages of the 115 page report today, it's actually not a bad read.

Sunderland: Mignolet, Gardner, Colback, Kilgallon, O'Shea, Richardson, McClean, Cattermole (C), Vaughan, Sessegnon, Bendtner.
    Subs: Carson, Dong-won, Meyler, Elmohamady, Ryan Noble, Lynch, Laing.

Wigan: Al-Habsi, Gohouri, Alcaraz (C), McCarthy, Crusat, Watson, Gomez, Jones, Rodallega, Stam, Figueroa.
    Subs: Pollitt, Di Santo, Moses, McArthur, Boyce, Sammon, Diame.

Spurs: Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Modric, Sandro, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe.

ALBION (4-5-1): Foster; Jones, McAuley, Dawson, Shorey; Cox, Thorne, Dorrans, Scharner, Thomas; Odemwingie. Subs: Fulop (gk), Tchoyi, Mantom, Fortune, Tamas, Jara Reyes, Morrison

Manchester: Hart, Richards, Kolo, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Silva, Milner, Aguero, Dzeko.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

City to win @ 10/11 with Lads

there home record over 2011 is very very good only droped 2 points all year in the league

also think there might be goals in the game so going with the Quatro bet with lads
    which is man city to win with 3 or more goals in the match @ 11/5

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only got in so haven't heard any team news whatsoever.

Real Madrid (-2.0) @ evens
    Ade Wincast @ 11/10

Man City Hart, Richards, Kolo, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Silva, Milner, Aguero, Dzeko

subs : Pantilimon, Lescott, A. Johnson, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Savic, de Jong

Liverpool: Reina, Enrique, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Spearing, Adam, Downing, Henderson, Kuyt, Carroll.
    Subs: Doni, Gerrard, Maxi, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly, Bellamy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Liverpool lineup is pretty poor IMO

gudede wrote: »
    Just a couple of early taughts from me, but I'll be waiting to see the starting line up.

I'm thinking maybe Spearing to be booked anytime and also thinking Carroll to score anytime (only if he starts and I'm using the same reason as my Morrison to score anytime the other week, also he has a good record against City, 4 goals in three starts against City)

I also like Liverpool could be worth a punt, they don't conceded a lot and also they are due to score a couple (I know they got 3 last week)

Spearing is 2/1 with Sky Bet but I can't do the bet because when I set up an account the other day with Sky Bet I set my currency at pounds (I can't remember doing that and makes no sense in me doing it) so I'm waiting for a phone call off them to change it :(

So I just backed Carroll to score anytime at 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

anybody got any views on the real madrid cup game, i usually stay away from cup games but soccer at the moment is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

3 Single bets tonight

Tottenham v West Brom
    Tottenham to score in both halves 6/5
    Defoe anytime to score 5/4

Man City v Liverpool
    Jay Spearing to be shown a card 2/1

Did the following in Bambury's:
    Man City v Liverpool draw (5/2)
    Wigan v Sunderland draw (9/4)
    Tottenham v WBA - Tottenham HT/FT (10/11)

Treble of ?8 returns ?173 Good feeling.

i wouldn't be at all surprised if this wins. Tasty odds.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Asian cards on the tottenham game is 1.75 0ver 2.

That seems very low for a premier league game even if the ref isnt the strictest.

tottenham lads generally dont get involved in rough games and evening games are generally played at a slower pace. Could be worth a small bet.

Encase people don't know Suarez isn't playing tonight. He accepted the eight game ban. I got through 55 pages of the 115 page report today, it's actually not a bad read.

that has a major bearing on the liverpool corners bet mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Spearing is 2/1 with Sky Bet but I can't do the bet because when I set up an account the other day with Sky Bet I set my currency at pounds (I can't remember doing that and makes no sense in me doing it) so I'm waiting for a phone call off them to change it :(

So I just backed Carroll to score anytime at 7/2

Spearing 9/4 betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

City -1 12/5

• Advertisement

shangri la wrote: »
    that has a major bearing on the liverpool corners bet mentioned earlier.

Also no Bellamy which is a big blow for the bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement