Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High risk stocks (Petroceltic)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    No thats not true, they don`t charge anything. I originally thought that they did scalp a very small percentage but they dont

I was told that it was 1.5% on the phone - that's just what they told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

irishh_bob wrote: »
    so when will this thread get back to discussing the over hyped dog that is petroceltic

No news of anything yet, the SP has pulled back a lot since the last hype-up. I`m putting it down to the unrest in Egypt,Tunisia and also Algeria.
    This year is really going to call Petroceltics Hand, a good outcome would be a successful appraisal along with a Big player partner agreed with. On the other Hand a bad outcome would be the Algerians kicking them out!!

No news of anything yet, the SP has pulled back a lot since the last hype-up. I`m putting it down to the unrest in Egypt,Tunisia and also Algeria.
    This year is really going to call Petroceltics Hand, a good outcome would be a successful appraisal along with a Big player partner agreed with. On the other Hand a bad outcome would be the Algerians kicking them out!!

Should take a look at EOG in the morning if an RNS doesn't appear before 8am!
    Rumoured the current drill is going well.

poodles I don`t know how your able to find these stocks. It takes me ages to go through a few of these oil exploration companies, theres literally hundreds of them and more than half of them are drilling dusters!!
    I was able to write a java pgm to screen mid and large cap stocks for me which made it a tad easier.
    But how the hell do you go about filtering out these exploration/Ftse-Aim stocks?? Like they have no fundementals,EPS,Grow etc.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

poodles wrote: »
    Should take a look at EOG in the morning if an RNS doesn't appear before 8am!
    Rumoured the current drill is going well.

you got a direct contact on the rig that is able to keep you posted on status

• Advertisement

aidanki wrote: »
    you got a direct contact on the rig that is able to keep you posted on status

Me, no

DYOR etc but theres rumors floating about that the AT-5 testing is almost finished already and the results of the testing are well in excess of what was originally thought
    NB its only rumors at this stage and Is not confirmed yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

I am considering topping up on PCI. Bought in at 15p after the last results, and I believe the price has dropped due to profit taking / Egyptian uprising.

Will take about 3k out of a v well performing oil/gas explorer for about 3 weeks in the hope that the latest results for PCI will send the SP to about 18p or higher. Trade back into my other explorer in about 3 weeks time!

turbobaby wrote: »
    I am considering topping up on PCI. Bought in at 15p after the last results, and I believe the price has dropped due to profit taking / Egyptian uprising.

Will take about 3k out of a v well performing oil/gas explorer for about 3 weeks in the hope that the latest results for PCI will send the SP to about 18p or higher. Trade back into my other explorer in about 3 weeks time!

If it range resources I`d be incline to hold on, that SP is really on the move at the moment

If it range resources I`d be incline to hold on, that SP is really on the move at the moment

No, it's SMDR, based in South East Asia. Very solid company!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I held petroceltic for a while but personally I think there are better companies to get into on the AIM market. They have strong resistance at 15p.

GKP are sitting on a ton of oil, but politics in Iraq is holding them back at the minute. Could well see them at around 5 pound this time next year (currently at 180).

SLE are another good one. Shale oil. Fox davies have a target price of 65p on them. Currently at 35p.

Alot of miners out there are decent bets aswell and less risky than oil companies. BEM have had a massive rise but more to come imo. SNRP are another to have a look at. They are sitting on a ton of coal.

Another one is Berkley minerals. BMR. They are waiting on a signing agreement which was delayed last year and the company said its expected to be signed in Q1 this year. That alone will add millions to the company.

Away from the miners and oil companies PTCM are one to look out for. Their head man stated he aims to have the company worth 50 million within two years. Currently their market cap is 8 million and there is news due soon with them.

AIM is risky as hell though. Its all I trade in, can make absolute massive profits but bloody hell can you loose aswell.

One share last year MTA hit more a less no oil and dropped 75% within two days. It wiped all my profits from last year and then some. Hoping this year to avoid any such trauma!

Dont go into any share without doing proper research. Check Market caps etc and shares in issue.

Investegate.co.uk is a great site for news from the company. Lse.co.uk and iii.co.uk all good sites.

Shareprice.co.uk is good for live prices aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Dude240502

Does anyone know anything about Amur Minerals, I read there is to be a licence receiced in the near future, does anyone think it has potential? Also, does anyone else know any other shares in this market that are to have results results or announcements released in the near future that they think have real potential to multiply?

Dude240502 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about Amur Minerals, I read there is to be a licence receiced in the near future, does anyone think it has potential? Also, does anyone else know any other shares in this market that are to have results results or announcements released in the near future that they think have real potential to multiply?

I've heard of them but don't know a whole lot about them to be honest.

If you get a chance I'd suggest you take a look at Alecto Energy (ALO).
    Forward program on the existing licences in Mauritania is (over)due and very good possibility of news of further acquisitions to be released perhaps this week..can't really say any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

SP Ticking back up i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

RRL
    Dude240502 wrote: »

ranger4 wrote: »
    SP Ticking back up i see.

True, but PCI is still in flatland compared to range resources of late,
    I`m holding PCI and RRL stock at a 3:1 ratio, I'm sorry it isn't the other way round!
    I wont be selling either stock any time soon though

True, but PCI is still in flatland compared to range resources of late,
    I`m holding PCI and RRL stock at a 3:1 ratio, I'm sorry it isn't the other way round!
    I wont be selling either stock any time soon though

Shauny, take a look at RMP before the market wakes up

I think theres another opportunity here at red-emperor if one acts fast enough
    I cant trade the shares online with ODL (Feckers!) so I'm going to telephone an order in.
    Red-emperor are in for 20% of this find plus they have a much smaller market cap and shares in issue than Range so I see significant upside.

I hadn't a whole lot of time researching this so am I anyway near the mark?

On another note Tom Bulfords sheep must be doing some ba ha aing now!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I can't even get RRL.L with ODL .Whats up with their bloody system?

I can't even get RRL.L with ODL .Whats up with their bloody system?

Use RRL-L

The search is pretty crap alright!

• Advertisement

I think theres another opportunity here at red-emperor if one acts fast enough
    I cant trade the shares online with ODL (Feckers!) so I'm going to telephone an order in.
    Red-emperor are in for 20% of this find plus they have a much smaller market cap and shares in issue than Range so I see significant upside.

I hadn't a whole lot of time researching this so am I anyway near the mark?

On another note Tom Bulfords sheep must be doing some ba ha aing now!!! :D

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162076

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Hopefully we see SP rebound as egyptian volitility threat to neighbouring countries subsides, I believe we should easily see 0.25c+ by Q3 with possitive news of farm in partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Few things I note:

1. The news flow over the next 3 quarters. Several drill results due. (slide 40)
    2. The amount of big players invested (slide 41). Very uncommon for a small cap player to have attracted so many. Blackrock is in the mix too.
    3. The extremely positive comments made by brokers recently (slide 42)
    4. The slick picture of one of the group's drills (slide 43). How could you not want to invest in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 paddy145

Any idea what sparked the 20% drop in share price today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where did you get that? I see -1.92% on Google and Yahoo, there has been a lot of dodgy results floating around since the LSE messed with their software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

Thargor wrote: »
    Where did you get that? I see -1.92% on Google and Yahoo, there has been a lot of dodgy results floating around since the LSE messed with their software.

Small teething problems for one day, I'd rather a linux backend than a m$ one anyday. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its been going on longer than one day at this stage.

Just doubled my shareholding to 34,000 shares!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Dude240502

I'm sorry to ask but does anyone know anything about Amur Minerals or Berkeley, both are expected to make announcements in the near future, I read a lot of predictions on the the iii site that they'd multiply if the results are positive, does anyonw else think so? Also, I read the site has been recommended by posters here, does anyone know how much should you believe a lot of what is posted on this site?

Advertisement